• 101 results
#51 Edited by w0nd (3729 posts) - - Show Bio
@jointron33 said:

@jnr6lil: She was written as a huge bitch, which she is not

Cheap shot

I am also sure she called them all stupid for not just killing Dr light instead of mind wiping him, which most of the member were appalled about in the first place.

She's a bitch a lot of the time. I just can't tell if you ignore the times she is or if you honestly didn't see them. In the comics when she has a disagreement she doesn't hesitate to punch her teammates in the face...in the show what did she do when she disagreed? Fly off? The list goes on, this could easily be changed to "wonder woman is a bitch" thread and get tons of pages worth but there's no point of that.

#52 Posted by ssbm (92 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce timm helped get me and my brothers into comics and a lot of my comic book friends as well he is nothing short astounding is the universe a bit batcettric yes could that be why the new 52 is a but bat centric maybe is that a bad thing some may argue but the work he did has done far more good than harm to comics and comic book characters but to say he is overrated is nothing more than an insult to all the good he has done and all of whom he has inspired

#53 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

The impact of Timm shouldn't be underestimated, as Batmanflash says, he gave us;

1. Harley Quinn
  2. Mark Hamill as the Joker, no one comes close to that laugh or that voice
  3. Had the best ever version of Mr. Freeze, bar none (before the Dini-written Heart of Ice Freeze was mostly considered a joke)
  4. Made Hawkgirl popular enough for me to speculate there's quite a few who wonders why DC is still neglecting her in favor of Hawkman
  5. Made John Steward popular enough to make people ask why the GL in the movie was a white guy (probably saved him from getting killed in the comics too).
  6. Had a singular, uncomplicated vision for his shows... Which is why his cartoons is so much easier for non-readers to get into the whole superhero world.
  7. His longtime collaborator, Glen Murakami, went one to create the Teen Titans cartoon, a show that's still massively popular.
  8. And pretty much ushed superheroes into the modern age of cartoons.

#54 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Your arguments are ignorant, why would a grown woman resort to attacking people to settle arguments. She's a princess, a diplomatic figure, not a child.

#55 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, why put all the blame on Bruce Timm when countless others were responsible for the DCAU? And you think that Superman was a wimp just because his power level isn't as high as his comics counterpart? Realize that it has nothing to do with a personal 'misunderstanding' of the character and everything to do with a storytelling perspective. They need a weaker Superman to give him more compelling battles. And for the record, the DCAU Superman is actually one of the tougher and less-wimpy incarnations of the character. His Clark Kent was confident and even witty, and his Superman was firm and strong. His battles against Darkseid should be a good indication. As for the rest of your comments about Diana and the Amazons, you haven't given anything to back them up.

Honestly this entire thread just feels like a flame bait or a grab for attention. The world must be coming to an end if comic fans are criticizing the DCAU with the silliest of reasons.

#56 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm is awesome.

#57 Posted by Xwraith (19413 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OP

#58 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hate the people who watched any of his works and base everything they know off of that and not look into comics. All it takes is a little google search, but those annoying fans are too lazy to even do that. I do feel that the animated show is holding back a DCCU because those fans don't realize that there is more to DC than those cartoons.

#59 Edited by entropy_aegis (15456 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm's not overrated. Paul Dini...Ehhhhhh.

This.

Overall, I love Timm and his animated universe, they were a highlight of my adolescence and one of the best television programs ever. That said, he was a Batman wanker and did severely nerf Superman to make everyone else more relevant. Also, he used Wonder Woman as basically a prop to make Batman cooler (leading to the worst, most nonsensical pairing in fictional history). Actually, if Bruce Timm is guilty of anything, its being the catalyst for my hatred towards Batman probably.

Severely nerfed Superman how? by having him punch Darkseid across the city? by having him beat the tar out of Captain Marvel and Captain Atom? by having him own Doomsday? yes he did nerf Superman in STAS and the first season of JL but he did the same to Batman in BTAS.

Also you're wrong on Batman/WW being the worst pairing,that honor goes to Superman/WW,the hook up with zero chemistry or entertainment value,atleast Bats/Diana were entertaining to watch.

#60 Edited by russellmania77 (15676 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#61 Posted by entropy_aegis (15456 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

First off, why put all the blame on Bruce Timm when countless others were responsible for the DCAU? And you think that Superman was a wimp just because his power level isn't as high as his comics counterpart? Realize that it has nothing to do with a personal 'misunderstanding' of the character and everything to do with a storytelling perspective. They need a weaker Superman to give him more compelling battles. And for the record, the DCAU Superman is actually one of the tougher and less-wimpy incarnations of the character. His Clark Kent was confident and even witty, and his Superman was firm and strong. His battles against Darkseid should be a good indication. As for the rest of your comments about Diana and the Amazons, you haven't given anything to back them up.

Honestly this entire thread just feels like a flame bait or a grab for attention. The world must be coming to an end if comic fans are criticizing the DCAU with the silliest of reasons.

Exactly,Timm haters arguments are invalid to say the least especially with regards to power levels,every character was far weaker.

People go on and on about how he wanked Batman but last I checked his Batman was knocked unconscious when Two-Face kicked him,often he would struggle against fat thugs.

#62 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I find your opinion ludicrous.

#63 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman from the first season was nerfed, he was later given a power up because fans complained about it.

#64 Posted by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I love Timm and his animated universe, they were a highlight of my adolescence and one of the best television programs ever. That said, he was a Batman wanker and did severely nerf Superman to make everyone else more relevant. Also, he used Wonder Woman as basically a prop to make Batman cooler (leading to the worst, most nonsensical pairing in fictional history). Actually, if Bruce Timm is guilty of anything, its being the catalyst for my hatred towards Batman probably.

This, exactly this. They have nothing in common personality wise. He's a super anti-social introvert workaholic with some serious trauma. Wonder Woman is a stuck up, borderline feminazi with some narcissistic qualities and anger management issues. Hell, she was raised on an island of women and constantly pushed the Martian Manhunter to be more social, so she's on the opposite end of the extroversion-introversion scale. The only thing they have in common is they are both willing to do what they perceive is right and sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

The reason I believe the Batman and Wonder Woman pairing is so welcome to so many comic book geeks? Because Batman is the introverted, loner with moments of poor social skills (i.e. what a lot of Internet users believe they are or want to be) and Wonder Woman is the "popular" girl. Their pairing is the dream of every "social outcast" who wants to get the popular girl, the introvert getting the extroverted girl that draws him out of their shell. I believe this man explains it best:

http://therawness.com/manic-pixie-dream-girls-and-the-codependents-who-love-them/

#65 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree.

Bruce Timm is a great talent who helped create an awesome animated DC Universe which was cohesive and entertaining.

#66 Posted by Lvenger (20771 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree.

Bruce Timm is a great talent who helped create an awesome animated DC Universe which was cohesive and entertaining.

QFT. And

@xwraith said:

Bruce Timm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OP

This too. If it weren't for Bruce Timm, we wouldn't have the greatest comic book animated universe ever. Complete with loving adaptions of many legendary DC comic characters and storylines. Trying to knock Timm for his work is like knocking Einstein's theory of relativity. Both are staples for their respective works.

#67 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree.

#68 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Articles complaining about cartoons are overrated.

#69 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Bats/WW is actually a pretty okay pairing. They mesh well together and tend to get along very well.

Not saying it's the best pairing in the world but it's hardly the worst Batman or WW pairing, let alone the worst in all of fiction.

I think so, as there is no logical reason they would date. Its pure fan shipping. Comic Book Wonder Woman would see Bruce Wayne as a misogynist, and Batman as an anti-social zealot.

Also, while youngsters think opposites attract, and think such things are romantic, the older you get the more realize that having a serious relationship with somebody with whom you have nothing in common will lead to a really bad time.

Sure as a first impression. But overtime she would probably see him as a warrior much like herself.

#70 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: Diana was/is a b**ch when she needs to be.

#71 Edited by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

My biggest problem with Timm and a lot of the DCAU was some of the Bat-Wank and his treatment of certian characters MMH in particular. Other than that he and everyone else who had a hand in the DCAU did a spectacular job and made some of my still favorite cartoons ever.

#72 Edited by RustyRoy (13282 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm is the Best.

#73 Posted by YoungJustice (6877 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see the flames already.

#74 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

This, exactly this. They have nothing in common personality wise. He's a super anti-social introvert workaholic with some serious trauma. Wonder Woman is a stuck up, borderline feminazi with some narcissistic qualities and anger management issues. Hell, she was raised on an island of women and constantly pushed the Martian Manhunter to be more social, so she's on the opposite end of the extroversion-introversion scale. The only thing they have in common is they are both willing to do what they perceive is right and sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

The reason I believe the Batman and Wonder Woman pairing is so welcome to so many comic book geeks? Because Batman is the introverted, loner with moments of poor social skills (i.e. what a lot of Internet users believe they are or want to be) and Wonder Woman is the "popular" girl. Their pairing is the dream of every "social outcast" who wants to get the popular girl, the introvert getting the extroverted girl that draws him out of their shell. I believe this man explains it best:

http://therawness.com/manic-pixie-dream-girls-and-the-codependents-who-love-them/

Wow internet stranger, I love you. LoL

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Bruce Timm's not overrated. Paul Dini...Ehhhhhh.

This.

@deaditegonzo said:

Severely nerfed Superman how? by having him punch Darkseid across the city? by having him beat the tar out of Captain Marvel and Captain Atom? by having him own Doomsday? yes he did nerf Superman in STAS and the first season of JL but he did the same to Batman in BTAS.

Also you're wrong on Batman/WW being the worst pairing,that honor goes to Superman/WW,the hook up with zero chemistry or entertainment value,atleast Bats/Diana were entertaining to watch.

Haha, Batfans.

Superman is nerfed as in the show you can see minor explosions KOing him, he cant breathe in space, kryptonite cripples him immediately, he has trouble lifting much more than a tank, etc etc etc. Sure, he still has some awesome fights, and proportionally, he is still one of the strongest, but he is more like Golden Age Supes than Modern Age Supes. And no, just no, Batman wasnt nerfed. This is the Batman who dodged the Omega Effect and can beat any of the other heroes. He has Bugs Bunny levels of toon power.

#75 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: Tas and JL-JLU were epic awesome shows. This man piratically defined my childhood.And I never get tired of watching clips from these shows on youtube.

#76 Posted by lilben42 (2556 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: I don't get when people say this. I have watched the JL show so many times and I don't think there has been a moment where I said Batman can't do that. Maybe once or twice. Everyone was nerfed in the show, there were bad moments for everyone.

#77 Edited by RustyRoy (13282 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: Tas and JL-JLU were epic awesome shows. This man piratically defined my childhood.And I never get tired of watching clips from these shows on youtube.

Yeah, its the best interpretation of of DC heroes outside comics.

#78 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

Does something in this world make you even a little bit happy at all?

#79 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@bwanasimba: Not exactly. They've been together in the comics. Even your generalizations are pretty off. Wonder Woman isn't a stuck up popular girl in high-school, and Batman isn't a nerd either. The fact that he's able to keep up the Bruce Wayne persona shows that he isn't as introverted as you'd like to think.

#80 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Most Batman fans say Bruce is just a mask, and that Batman is the real face.

#81 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: Most Batman fans say Bruce is just a mask, and that Batman is the real face.

He is, but the point is more that Bruce can be outgoing and easy to get along with when he tries. Although even as Batman he's still got a pretty big "family".

#82 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

He is, but the point is more that Bruce can be outgoing and easy to get along with when he tries. Although even as Batman he's still got a pretty big "family".

All of him he regularly alienates. Batman is never outgoing, Bruce is, but he is imaginary.

#83 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite said:

@deaditegonzo said:

All of him he regularly alienates. Batman is never outgoing, Bruce is, but he is imaginary.

Batman is outgoing when it comes to adopting kids. Outside of that I agree that he is usually not.

Just saying he can be, which is my only point.

#84 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm/Paul Dini are geniuses. To this day shows like Teen Titans & Young Justice are playing catchup to their work.

#85 Posted by russellmania77 (15676 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah bro your just a hater, pure and simple

#86 Posted by Primebonnick (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

come on bro he is not overrated does he wank off on Bats too much though YUP.

#87 Posted by dimitridkatsis (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

No he's not.

#88 Posted by comicace3 (6051 posts) - - Show Bio

You wanna know who's overrated? Goats.

#89 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree.

#90 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

Bruce Timm/Paul Dini are geniuses. To this day shows like Teen Titans & Young Justice are playing catchup to their work.

If Paul Dini is a genius than Michael Bay is a rocket scientist. He makes Rob Liefield look like Greg f***ing Rucka and hasn;t written anything decent since 2004. Batman TAS, Gotham City Sirens and Harley Quinn may have been great, but the Harley & Ivy series, Ultimate Spider-Man, JLA Wonder Woman, Countdown to Final Crisis, Harvest (Detective Comics: Stalked), and sparking the asinine Harley x Ivy rumors are evidence that HE NEEDS TO STOP WRITING/MAKING COMICS!!

#91 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet another thing that didn't need a bump. You could have made a new thread extolling the merits of Mr Timm

#92 Posted by Darling_Luna (4179 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Yet another thing that didn't need a bump. You could have made a new thread extolling the merits of Mr Timm

*bumps more threads*

#93 Edited by Justthatkid (4430 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely a Batwanker some stuff was funny some stuff was a bit eh like wtf is wrong with you...

#94 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

If Paul Dini is a genius than Michael Bay is a rocket scientist. He makes Rob Liefield look like Greg f***ing Rucka and hasn;t written anything decent since 2004. Batman TAS, Gotham City Sirens and Harley Quinn may have been great, but the Harley & Ivy series, Ultimate Spider-Man, JLA Wonder Woman, Countdown to Final Crisis, Harvest (Detective Comics: Stalked), and sparking the asinine Harley x Ivy rumors are evidence that HE NEEDS TO STOP WRITING/MAKING COMICS!!

JL: TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League Unlimited. Again wer're not talking about the comics, we're talking about the TV Series, which Paul Dini is known for.

#95 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: True (Though I thought JL: TAS and JLU were mediocre) I'm just saying that Dini is NOT, and I mean NOT a genius.

#96 Posted by Farkam (4954 posts) - - Show Bio
#97 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil: If prequel haters can call George Lucas an idiot for what he did with the prequels/special editions, I can call Dini an idiot for what he did with EVERYTHING post 2004.

#99 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (3201 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll agree that Superman was a little too nerfed, along with Flash and a few other guys, but that is how it is. I've enjoyed everything in DCAU that I can think of off the top of my head. Bruce Timm and everyone involved with DCAU has done wonderfully.