• 118 results
jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By jointron33

Are btas and gltas good? Yes. But let's be honest here: Bruce timm is a fanboy, a batwanker at that. It's very apparent from Superman the animated series and Justice league that he doesn't "get" many characters beyond Batman. His Superman was wimplishly portrayed, sometimes having trouble catching a friggin helicopter! Wonder woman was also horribly portrayed, being a callous b17ch who more so resembled Zealot than Wonder woman. Also keep in mind that the Amazons and other ww characters were awfully portrayed, with poor Steve Trevor being stuck in freakin ww2!!!!! Was Lois lane stuck in the 40s for Superman's show? No!!!!!!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

my only complaint would be they looked deformed , all the heroes were like super-powered randy savage's . needed plastic man and ted kord otherwise i was okay with it .

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

I disagree completely. The Timmverse is very well done. Does it revolve around Batman? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Not really.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dude, those are fighting words.

Bruce Timm launched a whole generation of comic fans with the DCAU....what have you done?? Oh yeah, nothing.

They are fictional characters and their powers vary to accommodate the plot. Also, Steve Trevor being in World War 2 was obviously due to the fact that he was in World War 2, it was an homage to the Golden Age

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Dude, those are fighting words.

Bruce Timm launched a whole generation of comic fans with the DCAU....what have you done?? Oh yeah, nothing.

They are fictional characters and their powers vary to accommodate the plot. Also, Steve Trevor being in World War 2 was obviously due to the fact that he was in World War 2, it was an homage to the Golden Age

An awesome homage to the Golden Age. I loved seeing Steve Trevor in WW II. It was awesome seeing the Black Hawks in WW II and in the modern day.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

You my friend have just committed Blasphemy.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Nope.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I repeat: was Lois stuck in the 40s? Wouldn't that be a cool homage?!!!!!

I also love how if you haven't done anything, you can't criticize Bruce (Wayne) Timm. If that's the case, this site would not have a review system as many users have not created comic books.

I also love how many non-street level (or Batclone) characters were written as "I'm bored, let's punch something".

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman's character is about her being a zealot who learns to like men

Superman was cowardly? Hold on a bit...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

Also, Bruce Timm gets a lot of respect for having an episode of JLU based on an Alan Moore story.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: She was written as a huge bitch, which she is not

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#12 wildvine  Moderator
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall, I love Timm and his animated universe, they were a highlight of my adolescence and one of the best television programs ever. That said, he was a Batman wanker and did severely nerf Superman to make everyone else more relevant. Also, he used Wonder Woman as basically a prop to make Batman cooler (leading to the worst, most nonsensical pairing in fictional history). Actually, if Bruce Timm is guilty of anything, its being the catalyst for my hatred towards Batman probably.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By consolemaster001

Yeah.....no

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@jedixman said:

Also, Bruce Timm gets a lot of respect for having an episode of JLU based on an Alan Moore story.

That Moore actually liked. That is quite a feat.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall, I love Timm and his animated universe, they were a highlight of my adolescence and one of the best television programs ever. That said, he was a Batman wanker and did severely nerf Superman to make everyone else more relevant. Also, he used Wonder Woman as basically a prop to make Batman cooler (leading to the worst, most nonsensical pairing in fictional history). Actually, if Bruce Timm is guilty of anything, its being the catalyst for my hatred towards Batman probably.

Bats/WW is actually a pretty okay pairing. They mesh well together and tend to get along very well.

Not saying it's the best pairing in the world but it's hardly the worst Batman or WW pairing, let alone the worst in all of fiction.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

If I'm being honest, I preferred the episode to Moore's story. Why? Because Robin saving the day is stupid.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@deaditegonzo said:

Bats/WW is actually a pretty okay pairing. They mesh well together and tend to get along very well.

Not saying it's the best pairing in the world but it's hardly the worst Batman or WW pairing, let alone the worst in all of fiction.

I much prefer Batman / Wonder Woman to Superman / Wonder Woman. Superman and Wonder Woman should never date each other, or any superpowered person. If they do, they begin to get power hungry. They need to stay grounded to humanity.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ohohohoho. this is turning ugly pretty fast. you do not bad mouth the man that brought us harley.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jointron33: This post is the biggest waste of time. You just picked a topic you knew people would like and wrote a stale, generic diatribe about it to try to start a flame war. Better than you have tried.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deaditegonzo

@deaditegonzo said:

I think so, as there is no logical reason they would date. Its pure fan shipping. Comic Book Wonder Woman would see Bruce Wayne as a misogynist, and Batman as an anti-social zealot.

Also, while youngsters think opposites attract, and think such things are romantic, the older you get the more realize that having a serious relationship with somebody with whom you have nothing in common will lead to a really bad time.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JediXMan  Moderator

Also, while youngsters think opposites attract, and think such things are romantic, the older you get the more realize that having a serious relationship with somebody with whom you have nothing in common will lead to a really bad time.

To be fair, why do you think Wonder Woman isn't with him in the future?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@deaditegonzo said:

To be fair, why do you think Wonder Woman isn't with him in the future?

Once again, unlike OP, im not criticizing him overall. Understanding that they wouldnt get married and settle down is the sign of a writer with good instincts. Im just complaining about the fact that he wanked Batman so hard, and let Batman be the catalyst for the majority of his decisions.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this brought the bats outta the cave

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Except she's not hanging out with Bruce Wayne, she's hanging out with Batman.

And I don't think it's a case of opposites attracts, they do have quite a bit in common. Not everything obviously, but they can be similar at times.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Decoy Elite

@jedixman said:

@decoy_elite said:

@jedixman said:

If I'm being honest, I preferred the episode to Moore's story. Why? Because Robin saving the day is stupid.

I actually liked that bit in the original story. Poor Jason at least got one shining little moment of being awesome.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deaditegonzo

@deaditegonzo: Except she's not hanging out with Bruce Wayne, she's hanging out with Batman.

And I don't think it's a case of opposites attracts, they do have quite a bit in common. Not everything obviously, but they can be similar at times.

I explained why she wouldnt like Batman either. A lot of his fans deny it, but Batman has a lot of Psychological issues. His mind is extremely damaged, presumably from the trauma he experienced in his childhood. He has a disassociative disorder, trust issues, exhibits anti-social behaviours, megalomania, etc.

Some women are attracted to such things, I doubt Wonder Woman would be.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

@decoy_elite said:

@jedixman said:

I actually liked that bit in the original story. Poor Jason at least got one shining little moment of being awesome.

I just thought it was funny seeing Jason, knowing what he'd become.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Mercy_

Is there anything that actually makes you happy?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Batman has issues and they do get in the way of his relationships when they start going but they've hardly stopped them from getting started. Besides most of his issues involve dressing up as a Bat and punching people in the face which WW isn't really gonna care that much about.

Like I said not the perfect pairing, but not the worst.

@mercy_ said:

Is there anything that actually makes you happy?

An interesting question. I'm gonna guess puppies, everyone likes puppies.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Perez era ww, GOOD superman stories, street fighter, and fried chicken

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JediXMan  Moderator
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: The difference is, unlike say Selina Kyle, Wonder Woman has self respect. I doubt she'd be attracted to somebody just because they were damaged goods or a bad boy.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: The difference is, unlike say Selina Kyle, Wonder Woman has self respect. I doubt she'd be attracted to somebody just because they were damaged goods or a bad boy.

She likes him because of what makes him heroic, not what makes him dark or "damaged".

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: I couldnt respond to this comment without an immediate flame war.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#38  Edited By Outside_85

Ok, so you hate the man for petty and insignificant reasons...

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I hate him as a creator for pretty obvious reasons

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Outside_85
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@jointron33 said:

@jnr6lil: She was written as a huge bitch, which she is not

How, all your threads seem to be about creating controversy just for the sole purpose of being different.

Wonder Woman is in love with Batman in the comics so much she got a Star Sapphire ring. Despite how psycho he is, his humanity is still there. Nor is he a misogynist.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#42  Edited By batmannflash

Bruce Timm beautifully portrayed every character. Timmverse Batman is the most faithful Batman outside of comics. Superman was not a wimp, he was just a boy scout like he was supposed to be. Both Wonder Woman and Superman were badasses. Wally was lovable and John Stewart was tough as nails. He made Hawkgirl popular. Joker was fantastic and he created Harley Quinn. If I want to show someone who doesn't know DC characters well, I would tell them to watch any of the Timmverse animated series.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: I couldnt respond to this comment without an immediate flame war.

Hmm, alright. Well, hope you didn't take my arguing as offensive or anything, I just disagreed with your opinion on the matter. :)

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The impact of Timm shouldn't be underestimated, as Batmanflash says, he gave us;

1. Harley Quinn
  2. Mark Hamill as the Joker, no one comes close to that laugh or that voice
  3. Had the best ever version of Mr. Freeze, bar none (before the Dini-written Heart of Ice Freeze was mostly considered a joke)
  4. Made Hawkgirl popular enough for me to speculate there's quite a few who wonders why DC is still neglecting her in favor of Hawkman
  5. Made John Steward popular enough to make people ask why the GL in the movie was a white guy (probably saved him from getting killed in the comics too).
  6. Had a singular, uncomplicated vision for his shows... Which is why his cartoons is so much easier for non-readers to get into the whole superhero world.
  7. His longtime collaborator, Glen Murakami, went one to create the Teen Titans cartoon, a show that's still massively popular.
  8. And pretty much ushed superheroes into the modern age of cartoons.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

why do you always single Timm out even though he was only one of the producers of the show. he isn't in charge of everything, the only reason we call it the Timmverse was because the animation in each show was modeled after his art

the ONLY reason people refer to his btas and the like as the Timmverse is because they all used his art. i understand you have problems with how things turned so why don't you blame it on the actual writers like Darwin Cooke,Dwayne Mcduffie, Alan Burnett, Gail Simone, Mitch Brian, Eddie Gorodetsky, J.M Dematteis, Paul Dini or anyone of the other people who ACTUALLY WROTE the episodes if you have such a hate on?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#47  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

You said what now?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#48  Edited By batmannflash

@outside_85: Yeah the Timmverse has had an incredibly big (and positive) impact on the DC universe. Yeah thanks for bringing that up. I forgot Mr Freeze, who he turned into a great villain, as well as Poison Ivy. And don't forget Kevin Conroy as Batman!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By danhimself

I don't like throwing this word out very often but .... troll

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Bruce Timm's not overrated. Paul Dini...Ehhhhhh.