Broken Promises

ShadowSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm sure many of us have promises or people have promises for us. My family members and friends. Some have made promises for me and they have let me down more times than I can count my fingers and toes! I'm tired of it! DO NOT make promises that you are not willing to keep. You are not just wasting my precious time but your own at the same time. Your broken promises will be your undoing. To be honest, I don't care anymore if people break their promises. I will not get my hopes up anymore. That is final.

Anyone think as I do?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will not get my hopes up anymore.

Do you promise??

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonez_

TL;DR

ShadowSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShadowSilver
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter much to me. The word "promise" doesn't make it more intense or real IMO as opposed to if someone just said they'd do something. Not honoring your word, no matter what specific words are used, is the same to me in any case. But then again its not that big of a deal to me anyway. Sometimes things change or things come up and you can't keep a promise.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only make promises when I know I can fulfill them and I even warn people to not "promise" anything to me. I really have a thing about honoring fufillments and I find promises to be held very high.

Like Jayc1324 life isn't a straight line that is 100% planned. Things happen that is literally out of control. Which is why one should only promise when they know they can fulfill it. Otherwise, I won't trust that person for a LONG time.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I promise to try and keep more of my promises from now on...but no promises.