Avatar image for bearded_justice
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Bearded Justice

I know very little about either of these units, so based purely on flavor I'm saying SAS. 
I find this decently interesting though, because I was quite unaware that the Seals were that elite
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ARMIV

Ahhh...this is tough...judging from everything I've read, I'd say this could go either way...

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ssejllenrad

I was always under the impression that the 1st-SFOD (Delta) is US's top and not DEVGRU. But then again, I'm not American so I won't know.

As for the two, I pick SAS. Historically speaking, they had better feats. Though to be logical, I don't think any special forces team would really brag all their accomplishments. So in the end, I wouldn't know anything.

Anyone knows how the Sayeret Matkal and the Shaldag Unit of Israel would fare against these guys?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By PowerHerc

Navy Seals win.
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Chaos Burn

Guess we have to see which MW3 campaign will be more fun, England or USA....

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Chaos Burn said:
Guess we have to see which MW3 campaign will be more fun, England or USA....
Problem with MW is that they have special forces for the brits and infantry for the americans. Not a good comparison.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#57  Edited By AssertingValor

British rule......................
jakecornier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The british do not comment on sas missions and unlike our american counterparts we have carried out hundreds of top secret mission that the pubic just will not hear about. 2003 - iraq the americans had to ask the british sas to find missile sites so that the americans could bomb them. Reasons why they didn't use their own guys? because they haven't had good enough training full stop. The sas has the longest basic training in the world with the lowest pass rate of 2% . For all the idiot who think the americans have better equipment so therefore better overall, Its bullshit.. The sas are the only british unit that can choose what weapons they have, Yes including the top secret sniper rifle that only the british sas use. The same weapon is recorded to have the worlds longest sniper kill. At this time there isnt a special forces that would even stand a chance against the sas.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like asking "who would win a fight, an American or a Brit? " They both have the best equipment in the world, both groups have elite training and both train all the time to maintain their skills. So it basically comes down to who you think is cooler and who has more mystique or notoriety.

What he said!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAS because I played as SAS in Call of Duty and if that sh*t is real then I guess its real.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trust me... if you give our men let's say swords & muskets.... and bring them back in the past via time machine. would they win?

500 modern infantry (with classic weapons) vs 500 red coats

Bro, do you even history?

French And Indian War, General Braddock and his 2000 got their arse handed to them from about a 1000 French and some Native American warriors from the Iroquois nation.

Our troops nowadays would decimate them.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By silent_bomber

@slimj87d said:

They prefer neither because they don't know who Captain Britain really is, but they know that Captain Britain is made by Americans. And they don't like Captain America at all because he's American.

Probably accurate 3-5 years ago, Captain America is a lot more popular these days though due to the movies.

and I'd say a lot of the unpopularity was centered around the perceived "blind patriotism" factor more than just him being an American.

Captain Britain may have been better known in the late 70s early 80s here, but that is before my time.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By CitizenSentry

S.A.S wins.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way. Both are great special forces and on any given day either could win.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Flumox56

I am going with SAS if for no other reason that they have the best motto "Who Dares Wins", Though I am a little biased.

**Edit**- A better comparison might of been US Navy Seals & SBS (Special Boat Service/Section) as they are both naval special forces units.

But saying that the Seals aren't restricted to to operations at/from sea.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY to test this as no one has ever been both and operated with both, so no one knows the expertise and skills that both have.

Also, a fight between two groups of people depend largely on the individuals. The most skilled Marines on Earth could probably beat your average Navy Seal.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

But if I had to choose, I'd choose SAS, for the pure fact that it is a land based fight, not in a Maritime environment, and the SAS are an army base SF. A better comparison would be Rangers vs SAS. Though the SEALS are very well trained all round.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Aren't Navy Seals, more like, I dunno, Navy units? I don't see how they could win against land units. I know nothing about modern day army stuff tho, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong please : P. My interest in warfare stops around Napoleonic times : P

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Navy Seals, more like, I dunno, Navy units? I don't see how they could win against land units. I know nothing about modern day army stuff tho, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong please : P. My interest in warfare stops around Napoleonic times : P

The seals is for sea, air and land. They're really really really crazy well trained for all three.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAS are much more mentally tougher and physically from the stories I heard about them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Both special forces are so elite that I can't pick a clear winner. I'd give the fight a clear-cut draw.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a silly thread. Hardly anyone here knows enough about either of those teams to know who would win.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76 Lunacyde  Moderator

This is a silly thread. Hardly anyone here knows enough about either of those teams to know who would win.

BINGO.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAS they trained the seals after all.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers