To the death

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EdwardWindsor

SAS they are just better peroid, thast why the seals often get Ex SAS people to help train them.  SAS are probably the best or second best special force team on Earth with only the Isreal Special forces being a contender or slight superior.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PikminMania

I guess the navy seals

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

SAS
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@lazystudent said:
SAS they are just better peroid, thast why the seals often get Ex SAS people to help train them.  SAS are probably the best or second best special force team on Earth with only the Isreal Special forces being a contender or slight superior.
True, but the Seals carry some deadly equipment, and have the better Tech I believe.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dark Cloud™

US Navy Seals. But both have seemingly ridiculous training methods.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime

standard equipment?
well the Navy seals have the good fortune of an open cheque book unlike the SAS who probably wont have the latest tech..
So for that im going for the Seals..

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Kastiel

Is it fair to compare these two? If my memory serves correctly the Seals mostly do underwater operations, while the SAS are more land oriented. Their training should be completely different.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PikminMania
@Kastiel: actually SAS is more of an air force
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@PikminMania said:
wrong. 
and this is kind of insulting to both the SAS and the SEALs
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chaos Prime
@PikminMania said:
True..Special Air Service
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@Kastiel said:
Is it fair to compare these two? If my memory serves correctly the Seals mostly do underwater operations, while the SAS are more land oriented. Their training should be completely different.
They both adapt to any situation.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PikminMania
@spiderbat87: NO YOUR WRONG!!

SAS stands for Special Air Service
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Spiderbat87..But they are part of the British army..Not the Air force... 

MrBigBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrBigBalls

SAS

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Kastiel
@comicdude23 said:
@Kastiel said:
They both adapt to any situation.
Of course they can. Most special forces of any nation are suppose to. It's just the fact I would have rather compared to the Navy Seals to the SBS instead of the SAS since they are more closely related in terms of equipment and handling. 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Chaos Prime said:
@PikminMania said:
True..Special Air Service
@PikminMania said:
@spiderbat87: NO YOUR WRONG!!  SAS stands for Special Air Service
As I am in the British Army i know what it stands for, as that may be true that the SAS was formed as an air assault special forces they very rarely if ever parachute in to active area's. they are separated in to different troops, Air troop, Boat Troop, Mountain Troop and Mobility Troop. However The US SEAL's are probably more akin to the SBS, but the SEAL's are a lot larger than both the SAS and the SBS
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the darknessss

the sas,wrote the book.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lance Bastro

navy seals 

we proved it during the American Revolutionary War

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@spiderbat87 said:

@PikminMania said:

wrong. and this is kind of insulting to both the SAS and the SEALs

What is insulting... the fact we are debating who is the betting trained, more efficient fighting force? Raising the question is disrespectful? Or claiming the SAS to be airforce oriented was disrespectful?
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lance Bastro said:
navy seals 

we prooved it during the American Revolutionary War
relevant much?
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@spiderbat87 said:

@PikminMania said:

wrong. and this is kind of insulting to both the SAS and the SEALs

What is insulting... the fact we are debating who is the betting trained, more efficient fighting force? Raising the question is disrespectful? Or claiming the SAS to be airforce oriented was disrespectful?
saying the blades where airforce
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Super_SoldierXII Y insulting? & Y disrespectful? Doesnt have anything to do with Obamas visit to my home town of London does it? :-)
Imo both teams are very skilled & good at wot they do.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lance Bastro
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
navy seals 

relevant much?
their navy invaded the us to no prevail, right?
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@spiderbat87
Ah... OK. Gotcha.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
navy seals 

relevant much?
Actually the Navy was highly successfull at capturing and holding coastal cities, it was the infantry and attack party's sent down from Canada in to the country side that largely failed also France, Spain and Holland were deciceve at expelling the British Navy but I fail to see why military action in the 1700's has any thing to do with to highly trained modern SF teams. 
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lance Bastro
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
navy seals 

relevant much?
Actually the Navy was highly successfull at capturing and holding coastal cities, it was the infantry and attack party's sent down from Canada in to the country side that largely failed also France, Spain and Holland were deciceve at expelling the British Navy but I fail to see why military action in the 1700's has any thing to do with to highly trained modern SF teams. 
the british were highly trained back then. they were the biggest navy fleet in the world back in those days and their infantry would probably stomp the current infantry now (if given pound for pound the same equipment)
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
navy seals 

relevant much?
the british were highly trained back then. they were the biggest navy fleet in the world back in those days and their infantry would probably stomp the current infantry now (if given pound for pound the same equipment)
if you actually believe that I'm kind of worried for you.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lance Bastro
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
navy seals 

relevant much?
trust me... if you give our men let's say swords & muskets.... and bring them back in the past via time machine. would they win? 

500 modern infantry (with classic weapons) vs 500 red coats 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
navy seals 

relevant much?
trust me... if you give our men let's say swords & muskets.... and bring them back in the past via time machine. would they win?  500 modern infantry (with classic weapons) vs 500 red coats 
No, with hardly any training on the weapons they would not, just like if it was the reverse no past solider's could compete with modern trained soldiers. I am in the BA I know. I am also not going to continua on with this pointless argument 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By slimj87d

Truth is: SAS relied a lot on senior operatives. A lot of those operatives have since retired. Their new flagship of recruits do not have the experience that their senior retirees. The SAS are still good. 

Navy SEALs have 100s of new recruits yearly, and also have the superior support (SOCOM), technology and weaponry. In the past, people have compared these new SEAL recruits with the SAS which mainly composed of a lot of senior operatives with tons of experience. But by not investing too much into your future, the SAS do not have as much experience as they once did.  

Also, we are not even considering DEVGRU, the elite SEAL TEAM SIX that has gone unnoticed for years since Richard Marcinko's days. None of you guys knew who they were until they killed Bin Laden. This team is better than the SAS and operate on the levels of Delta Force and the CIA Black Ops.  

With all that said, the SAS are one of the best. But if we compare a team with similar years of experience, SEAL TEAM 6 (DEVGRU) has the advantage. 

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@SlimJ87D said:

Truth is: SAS relied a lot on senior operatives. A lot of those operatives have since retired. Their new flagship of recruits do not have the experience that their senior retirees. The SAS are still good.  Navy SEALs have 100s of new recruits yearly, and also have the superior support (SOCOM), technology and weaponry.  Also, we are not even considering DEVGRU, the elite SEAL TEAM SIX that has gone unnoticed for years since Richard Marcinko's days. None of you guys knew who they were until they killed Bin Laden. This team is better than the SAS and operate on the levels of Delta Force and the CIA Black Ops.   With all that said, the SAS are one of the best. But if we compare a team with similar years of experience, SEAL TEAM 6 (DEVGRU) takes this fight.

WOW! How do you know so much about the SEALs, Google or experience? Either way, impressive well thought out answer sir!
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By slimj87d
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Truth is: SAS relied a lot on senior operatives. A lot of those operatives have since retired. Their new flagship of recruits do not have the experience that their senior retirees. The SAS are still good.  Navy SEALs have 100s of new recruits yearly, and also have the superior support (SOCOM), technology and weaponry.  Also, we are not even considering DEVGRU, the elite SEAL TEAM SIX that has gone unnoticed for years since Richard Marcinko's days. None of you guys knew who they were until they killed Bin Laden. This team is better than the SAS and operate on the levels of Delta Force and the CIA Black Ops.   With all that said, the SAS are one of the best. But if we compare a team with similar years of experience, SEAL TEAM 6 (DEVGRU) takes this fight.

WOW! How do you know so much about the SEALs, Google or experience? Either way, impressive well thought out answer sir!
I was trying to be a SEAL but I went the wrong route. I unenlisted to go to boot camp and then to BUD/S, I decided to go to college and OCS, but I didn't know majoring in engineering with make me fat and out of shape. When I tried to go back to my old training regiments I injured my shoulder. So I can't do as much pull-ups anymore. 

Also, my uncle is a green beret, and he is THE green beret that you read about that audit the Navy SEALs new jump school so they don't have to send their guys to airborne anymore. He worked with SAS a lot and tells me about them all the time. I use to study and research a lot about SF because it is a child hood dream lost to me.  

IF ANYONE wants to be a SEAL, from what I hear it's best to either go to the Naval Academy to become an officer or go in enlisted and score 75+ on your ASVAB. 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Lance Bastro said:
do people in britain perfer captain britain or captain america?
what has this got to do with anything? stop trolling on this guys thread
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slimj87d
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
They prefer neither because they don't know who Captain Britain really is, but they know that Captain Britain is made by Americans. And they don't like Captain America at all because he's American. Hence why they decided to change the name of the Captain America movie in all of Europe and many other countries. 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@SlimJ87D said:
@spiderbat87 said:
@Lance Bastro said:
They prefer neither because they don't know who Captain Britain really is, but they know that Captain Britain is made by Americans. And they don't like Captain America at all because he's American. Hence why they decided to change the name of the Captain America movie in all of Europe and many other countries. 
are you just making stuff up?
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@SlimJ87D said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I was trying to be a SEAL but I went the wrong route. I unenlisted to go to boot camp and then to BUD/S, I decided to go to college and OCS, but I didn't know majoring in engineering with make me fat and out of shape. When I tried to go back to my old training regiments I injured my shoulder. So I can't do as much pull-ups anymore.  Also, my uncle is a green beret, and he is THE green beret that you read about that audit the Navy SEALs new jump school so they don't have to send their guys to airborne anymore. He worked with SAS a lot and tells me about them all the time. I use to study and research a lot about SF because it is a child hood dream lost to me.   IF ANYONE wants to be a SEAL, from what I hear it's best to either go to the Naval Academy to become an officer or go in enlisted and score 75+ on your ASVAB. 

The Marines are the faster route to being a SEAL are they not...? I tried to join the Canadian military at 18 (rebelious phase). Uncle pulled me out and sent me to India instead! LOL! Quite a contrast. Went from soldiering to buddhism overnight. Always had a lot of respect for those elite soldiers. Must be a hell of a lifestyle. The closest we have to real life superheroes I suppose (though I imagine it's not nearly so glamorous as that).
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By slimj87d
@spiderbat87 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Lance Bastro said:

are you just making stuff up?
Dead serious. 

@Super_SoldierXII

said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Super_SoldierXII

said:

@SlimJ87D

said:

I was trying to be a SEAL but I went the wrong route. I unenlisted to go to boot camp and then to BUD/S, I decided to go to college and OCS, but I didn't know majoring in engineering with make me fat and out of shape. When I tried to go back to my old training regiments I injured my shoulder. So I can't do as much pull-ups anymore.  Also, my uncle is a green beret, and he is THE green beret that you read about that audit the Navy SEALs new jump school so they don't have to send their guys to airborne anymore. He worked with SAS a lot and tells me about them all the time. I use to study and research a lot about SF because it is a child hood dream lost to me.   IF ANYONE wants to be a SEAL, from what I hear it's best to either go to the Naval Academy to become an officer or go in enlisted and score 75+ on your ASVAB. 

The Marines are the faster route to being a SEAL are they not...? I tried to join the Canadian military at 18 (rebelious phase). Uncle pulled me out and sent me to India instead! LOL! Quite a contrast. Went from soldiering to buddhism overnight. Always had a lot of respect for those elite soldiers. Must be a hell of a lifestyle. The closest we have to real life superheroes I suppose (though I imagine it's not nearly so glamorous as that).
You can become a SEAL, or any part of our SF if you are a patriot, have the heart (which I truly did not), physical ability and are bright. All you have to do is enlist and score well on your ASVAB and your PT. Then you get accepted into BUD/S. But passing BUD/S is hard. And then you have SQT and even after that, a 2 to 3 deployment probationary period until you deserve your Trident.  

And my Uncle (by marriage) ended up divorcing my Aunt. It's a very harsh lifestyle. It's hard to be a family man. 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@SlimJ87D: You are obviously talking bullsh!it because I'm British I know who Captain Britain is I don't know any one who dosent like Captain America and they have not changed the name of the film
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By slimj87d
@spiderbat87 said:

@SlimJ87D: You are obviously talking bullsh!it because I'm British I know who Captain Britain is I don't know any one who dosent like Captain America and they have not changed the name of the film

Then why else would they change the name of the movie? Just because YOU are British doesn't speak for everyone in your (and my extended families) village areas. Obviously you know who he is because you're on a comic book forum. 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@SlimJ87D said:
@spiderbat87 said:
Then why else would they change the name of the movie? Just because YOU are British doesn't speak for everyone in your (and my extended families) village areas. 
THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED THE NAME. Ok and what makes you such an expert on Britain then? (dont live in a village)
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimj87d
@spiderbat87 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Then why else would they change the name of the movie? Just because YOU are British doesn't speak for everyone in your (and my extended families) village areas. 
THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED THE NAME. Ok and what makes you such an expert on Britain then? (dont live in a village)
First off, I don't really care. I've only heard what I have heard in interviews and the hard decision about the name of the Captain America movie in Europe. Second, I don't really care about arguing about the matter. It'd be a waste of my time. You're already heated and angry about it. You can have it, you win because we are going off tangent. 
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@SlimJ87D said:
@spiderbat87 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@spiderbat87 said:
First off, I don't really care. I've only heard what I have heard in interviews and the hard decision about the name of the Captain America movie in Europe. Second, I don't really care about arguing about the matter. It'd be a waste of my time. You're already heated and angry about it. 
They changed the name in Russia and North Korea, nether of witch has anything to do with the UK. Get your facts right next time before you start making stuff up. 
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spartan92

a guy i used to work with used to be in the army about 20 - 25 years ago and he told me a story that supposedly the SAS were training not far off from regular soldiers, and they were both training in a field which had a very small cabin about the size of a porta loo. after training was over the SAS went up to soldiers and made a bet that they can sneak a bottle out of the cabin by the next morning that was surrounded by soldiers without them noticing. so they took the bet and had 6 men surround the cabin and a man standing on top and guarded it through the night til morning came without hindrance. The SAS came back next morning and the soldiers were all like " ha ha you lose the bet " and the SAS were like " ok then open the cabin " and the bottle was gone, the soldiers checked the cabin and their was no sign of entry what so ever and supposedly to this day the soldiers still dont know how they got the bottle out of the cabin.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@spartan92 said:
a guy i used to work with used to be in the army about 20 - 25 years ago and he told me a story that supposedly the SAS were training not far off from regular soldiers, and they were both training in a field which had a very small cabin about the size of a porta loo. after training was over the SAS went up to soldiers and made a bet that they can sneak a bottle out of the cabin by the next morning that was surrounded by soldiers without them noticing. so they took the bet and had 6 men surround the cabin and a man standing on top and guarded it through the night til morning came without hindrance. The SAS came back next morning and the soldiers were all like " ha ha you lose the bet " and the SAS were like " ok then open the cabin " and the bottle was gone, the soldiers checked the cabin and their was no sign of entry what so ever and supposedly to this day the soldiers still dont know how they got the bottle out of the cabin.
I havent heard that but i do know that the SAS used to train by parachuting and infiltrating in to friendly bases, they would sneak through the camp and put stickers on each of the soldiers doors saying "your dead" then exfiltrate without being seen. 
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spartan92
@spiderbat87
wow, i bet that shook the soldiers up. i guess they dont call them the best in the world for nothin.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By slimj87d
@spiderbat87 said:
@SlimJ87D said:
@spiderbat87 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@spiderbat87 said:
First off, I don't really care. I've only heard what I have heard in interviews and the hard decision about the name of the Captain America movie in Europe. Second, I don't really care about arguing about the matter. It'd be a waste of my time. You're already heated and angry about it. 
They changed the name in Russia and North Korea, nether of witch has anything to do with the UK. Get your facts right next time before you start making stuff up. 
* Applauses* 
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nick_hero22

Seals because they are basically equally trained but the Seals have superior technology, and didn't the Seals take out Osama Bin Laden.
TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheSheepHerder

Both of them are very good forces but I would always go with the Special Air Service. 

Who dares wins!

Avatar image for luke_moonwalker
Luke Moonwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Luke Moonwalker

This is like asking "who would win a fight, an American or a Brit? " They both have the best equipment in the world, both groups have elite training and both train all the time to maintain their skills. So it basically comes down to who you think is cooler and who has more mystique or notoriety.