British press misses point on "Asian" sex gang

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

The elephant in the living room( or the dog that did not bark to quote Sherlock Holmes) in the British press reportage of the "Asian" sex gang of Pakistani/Afghan men that bought and sold teenaged white girls like cattle is the omission of their religious affiliation- namely Muslim- to my mind. It may be argued that their formal faith is a "red herring" as most Muslims are as appalled by their depraved behaviour as are their Christian, Hindu, Jewish or agnostic/atheistical countrymen but they cannot have it both ways. When Catholic clergy or religous(of either sex) are accused, charged or convicted of sexual abuse of minor children, the press(or certain commentators mainly liberal/leftist/agnostic) rarely hesitate to make the point that they ARE Catholic clergy or religious, but when Muslim men feel free to enslave "kuffar"( infidel or unbeliever) girls for sexual purposes in a way that would be unthinkable for the females of their own faith, the press engages in the sort of mealy mouthed hairsplitting that I have heard all too often from leaders of my own Church(Catholic if anybody wants to know) as well as from "Asian community leaders"( "or old men with beards and nothing going on upstairs" as critics aptly dub them) who spend more time dcrying "Islamophobia"( a boo word used to silence criticisms of jihadism just as much as "reactionary red-baiting" "McCarthyism" was sued to squelch Western criticism of Soviet human rights violations esp during the Cold War).

Anybody think as I do?

Terry

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Kairan1979

We have similar problems in Russia. They want us to believe there are no ethnic crime groups. If a group of Chechens commit crime, the media is avoiding the fact that criminals are Chechens. But if Russian man kills a Chechen, they are immediately looking for nationalism angle, even if it's a simple robbery or a crime of passion.

"Criminal doesn't have a nationality"? What a load of BS.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jorgevy

Welcome to Planet Earth. Wonder why aliens haven't visited us yet? it's because of this sort of stuff. They will try to avoid our idiotic planet as much as possible....

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Jorgevy said:

Welcome to Planet Earth. Wonder why aliens haven't visited us yet? it's because of this sort of stuff. They will try to avoid our idiotic planet as much as possible....

Or maybe aliens are just douche bags.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jorgevy

@NlGHTCRAWLER: even if they are, they are the smart kind

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@Jorgevy said:

Lol you've planted a pretty funny image in my head with that comment.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

@Strider92: well, I had a pretty funny one as well when I made the comment :)

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Inner_Demon

@Jorgevy: Ever get the sense that the alien sightings that have occurred are the equivalent of the "nice" family that gets lost on vacation and wanders into the bad part of town?

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Jorgevy said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: even if they are, they are the smart kind

Smart? Sure. Friendly? Not likely.

@Inner_Demon said:

Ever get the sense that the alien sightings that have occurred are the equivalent of the "nice" family that gets lost on vacation and wanders into the bad part of town?

If aliens are real I seriously doubt that they are friendly.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jorgevy

@Inner_Demon: probably xD

@NlGHTCRAWLER: highly depends

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Jorgevy: On?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jorgevy

@NlGHTCRAWLER: many factors. I dont feel like talking about it extensively, specially in a thread where it is off topic

but I'll give you one: civilizational degree

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The problem here is that you have a dichotomy where one group is treated one way and another is treated differently. Honestly I don't think it matters what religion or ethnic group you are. A crime is a crime and universally all groups are just about equally likely to commit crime. 

Anyways just make up your mind press. Make ethnicity an issue or don't but follow the same rule for all cases.