Breaking Bad' fake funeral draws fans

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The eulogy drew cheers but not everybody was happy about a mock funeral for Breaking Bad character Walter White, which drew more than 200 pretend-mourners to an Albuquerque-area cemetery Saturday.

The show, filmed in Albuquerque, recently ended its run after five seasons. White, a fictional chemistry teacher who became a drug kingpin, died in the last episode.

Relatives of several people buried at Sunset Memorial Park said they thought it was disrespectful and inappropriate to hold the mock funeral at a real cemetery.

“My son is buried about 15 yards from where the makeshift gravesite is,” Manuel Montano said. “This is a place of mourning.”

The funeral raised money through donations for a program that helps the homeless.

Organizers said they mean no disrespect to those with real loved ones buried at the cemetery, and general Manager Vaughn Hendren said the cemetery agreed to allow the funeral only after being assured the mock headstone can be removed if it becomes an attraction.

“We are a cemetery first and foremost. Our allegiance lies with our families that have allowed us to bury their loved ones here,” he said.

The eulogy was given by Michael Flowers, set decorator for the show.

“We all need closure,” Flowers told the assemblage. “The show is over — and what the hell are we going to do on Sunday nights?”

The funeral followed a procession led by a Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputies; the tan, beat-up RV made famous in the show; a hearse; and then fans’ vehicles. The procession shut down streets and took 10 minutes to pass.

Nick Gerlich, from Amarillo, Texas, said the funeral gave him “closure, I guess, in a strange kind of way. A way of paying respects to someone you feel like you know really well.”

Albuquerque resident Vicki Kowal said it was “good and befitting” to have the funeral.

“The show was shocking and twisted and amazing, and it had that psychological connection,” she said.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/10/21/breaking-bad-fake-funeral-walter-white/

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ people quit being so ultra-sensitive. It's not like they're stomping and spitting on the graves. They're dead, I really doubt they care if a mock funeral is being held near the area where they were buried.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

Jesus Christ people quit being so ultra-sensitive. It's not like they're stomping and spitting on the graves. They're dead, I really doubt they care if a mock funeral is being held near the area where they were buried.

I am more worried people did this for a fictional character.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

As long as it was being done jokingly I see no problem. If they were actually that sad though...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@dctv3363 said:

As long as it was being done jokingly I see no problem. If they were actually that sad though...

Did you read one of the guys they asked said it give him a closure and he is paying respects to some one he feel he knew very well.

It didnt give respect to the team that made the show, it give it to the character.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Utter proof people really have nothing to do at almost all times.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marionettegeist

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@dctv3363 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@dctv3363 said:

Did you read one of the guys they asked said it give him a closure and he is paying respects to some one he feel he knew very well.

It didnt give respect to the team that made the show, it give it to the character.

I read it but I just assumed he was being sarcastic. I HOPE he was being sarcastic. I can almost imagine someone saying that while holding back a snicker.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

LMFAO

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“We all need closure,” Flowers told the assemblage. “The show [Breaking Bad] is over — and what the hell are we going to do on Sunday nights?”

This may be my new favorite quote.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

“We all need closure,” Flowers told the assemblage. “The show [Breaking Bad] is over — and what the hell are we going to do on Sunday nights?”

No Caption Provided

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@dctv3363 said:

Hehehe! xD This is really funny. Do still miss Breaking Bad though.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marionettegeist

@dctv3363 said:

At least it ended before it could turn to crap like all shows inevitably do.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@dctv3363 said:

@samimista said:

@dctv3363 said:

At least it ended before it could turn to crap like all shows inevitably do.

Very much true! Was pleased with the ending.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By SaintWildcard

Im Breaking Sad. I hope hell treat you well .

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By PeppeyHare

They'll get over it