#1 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

So...if any of you are like me (and I suspect you are) - you are just as much of a PC nerd as you are Comic nerds.

So I figured I'd make a thread where you can brag about how your PC costed more money than your car (yes...mine did).

Anyway. Here's mine:

• ASUS Sabretooth 990 FX Motherboard
  • AMD Phenom 2 x6 1090t. 3.2 ghz (I have an overlock profile @ 3.8)
  • Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
  • Radeon 6850 1GB GPU
  • Western Digital 500 GB HD
  • 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Memory
  • 850 watt 80+ Gold Corsair modular power supply (Overkill for what I have, but I wanted headroom for future upgrades)
  • Corsair 600t (white) Case
  • 2 200mm fans, 5 120's.
  • Klipsch 2.1 wireless sound system
  • Razer Naga (godsend for MMO players)
  • Logitech G510 Keyboard

Things I want to do:

• add a good sound card
  • add a blu-ray disk drive
  • upgrade my 120 fans (they're cheap ones) and add a 6th fan to the radiator for a push/pull set up
  • put my main system on an SSD instead of a HD and add swap the 500 GB for a 1 TB HD for storage
  • upgrade my GPU

Finished the build about 2 years ago, intended mostly for gaming. As you can tell I love Corsair products, they're pricey...but oh so good. I probably spent somewhere in the 1500~ range all together.

Now then, share you set ups! Feel free to include pictures! But don't make me feel like the lone ubernerd by not responding :D

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

I got that Intel Core Duo SON! Running Vista on this b**** too! Only the "A" and down arrow keys have popped of but they let me see that back-lit keyboard even better so it's cool. NVIDIA hi-def audio WUT!!! NVIDIA Ge Force 9400M G no i didn't...I did though.

#3 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had my laptop for 6 years and it only has one layer of crumbs and dead skin!

#4 Edited by Immortal777 (7732 posts) - - Show Bio

My PC sucks, I need to upgrade really bad all of you with good PC are bastards.

#5 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

My PC sucks, I need to upgrade really bad all of you with good PC are bastards.

QFT

#6 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

My Desktop can trump the OP's lame machine....

1. 12-Inch CRT Monitor With Monitor Filter - You got that right. My eyes won't get radiation beyotch! And yeah, my monitor's got some butt unlike the thin LCD's. Bigger and bulkier monitors are better just like in tanks.
  2. 2 Button Mouse - Not one button, TWO BUTTONS!
  3. Generic Keyboard - Left Shift Missing - The beauty of it is that the right shift is still intact.
  4. Intel Pentium 1 Processor - It's Intel! What else do you need?
  5. 32 MB SDR RAM - That's like 32 Million Bytes!
  6. 8 GB HD Drive - 8 Billion Bytes of data beyotch!
  7. Windows 95 Home Edition With Windows 98 Office - Some have Windows 7 and 8... I got 95. Losers.
  8. External Electric Fan - Busted my internal fan with some high-end gaming. Now an electric fan cools it. Bigger fan, better machine.
  9. Can Play Solitaire and Minesweeper with high frame rate
  10. Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 Installed - Fatality. I win. Flawless victory.

#7 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

1. 12-Inch CRT Monitor With Monitor Filter - You got that right. My eyes won't get radiation beyotch! And yeah, my monitor's got some butt unlike the thin LCD's. Bigger and bulkier monitors are better just like in tanks.
  3. Generic Keyboard - Left Shift Missing - The beauty of it is that the right shift is still intact.
  7. Windows 95 Home Edition With Windows 98 Office - Some have Windows 7 and 8... I got 95. Losers.
  8. External Electric Fan - Busted my internal fan with some high-end gaming. Now an electric fan cools it. Bigger fan, better machine.

Go home you're drunk!

#8 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Must have been Freeski.

#9 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

ASUS.

#10 Posted by WarBlade539 (4731 posts) - - Show Bio

So...if any of you are like me (and I suspect you are) - you are just as much of a PC nerd as you are Comic nerds.

So I figured I'd make a thread where you can brag about how your PC costed more money than your car (yes...mine did).

Anyway. Here's mine:

• ASUS Sabretooth 990 FX Motherboard
  • AMD Phenom 2 x6 1090t. 3.2 ghz (I have an overlock profile @ 3.8)
  • Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
  • Radeon 6850 1GB GPU
  • Western Digital 500 GB HD
  • 8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Memory
  • 850 watt 80+ Gold Corsair modular power supply (Overkill for what I have, but I wanted headroom for future upgrades)
  • Corsair 600t (white) Case
  • 2 200mm fans, 5 120's.
  • Klipsch 2.1 wireless sound system
  • Razer Naga (godsend for MMO players)
  • Logitech G510 Keyboard

Things I want to do:

• add a good sound card
  • add a blu-ray disk drive
  • upgrade my 120 fans (they're cheap ones) and add a 6th fan to the radiator for a push/pull set up
  • put my main system on an SSD instead of a HD and add swap the 500 GB for a 1 TB HD for storage
  • upgrade my GPU

Finished the build about 2 years ago, intended mostly for gaming. As you can tell I love Corsair products, they're pricey...but oh so good. I probably spent somewhere in the 1500~ range all together.

Now then, share you set ups! Feel free to include pictures! But don't make me feel like the lone ubernerd by not responding :D

I don't have a dextop as I am a traveling student but I do have a beastly CyberPower Fangbook X7-200

Stats:- 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM processor, a whopping 16GB of DDR3 system memory, and Nvidia's 4GB GeForce GTX 675MX with 64GB solid-state drive and 750GB hard drive, a DVD±RW drive, a backlit keyboard, and pretty good audio. Cost me close to 2000 American

#11 Posted by WillPayton (9712 posts) - - Show Bio

This is me standing in front of my sweet rig..

#12 Edited by WarBlade539 (4731 posts) - - Show Bio

This is me standing in front of my sweet rig..

BADASS DUDE!!! xD

#13 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a screen, a keyboard, a mouse and a motherboard.

#14 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

I got a screen, a keyboard, a mouse and a motherboard.

Eh?

You should also have the following:

• Memory (RAM)
  • HDD/Solid State
  • CPU (If not installed)
  • Optical Drive (Optional)
  • Power Supply
  • Casing

Life and Death are similar......

- Both Holds No Meaning.

#15 Edited by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: All that stuff is pretty much included into what I just said. So.... Yeeeeee.

#16 Posted by sousukesagara (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Elitist

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio
  • AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition
  • Some bog-standard motherboard nothing impressive
  • 1.5TB in SSD/HD
  • 16gig of Ram
  • Nvidia GTX 780
  • Thermal-Take Level 10 case

#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22794 posts) - - Show Bio

2007 gateway laptop with vista. complete with missing keys, food crumbs, and boogers jammed in between the keys. It takes rouphly 30 minutes to turn on and off. Can only have 1 or 2 tabs open or it freazes up and shuts off. Also the power cord is loose so you have to hold it just the right way. Yeah, my computer rocks.

#19 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

• AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition
  • Some bog-standard motherboard nothing impressive
  • 1.5TB in SSD/HD
  • 16gig of Ram
  • Nvidia GTX 780
  • Thermal-Take Level 10 case

How do you like your CPU? I'm thrilled with mine. I have several buddies who keep wanting me to switch to Intel...but naw.

#20 Edited by Strider92 (16765 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I'm perfectly happy with it. Is high-end intel better? Sure but if your CPU does what you want and does it well why spend out hundreds more just to reap benefits you don't actually need? At least thats my view.

#21 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I'm perfectly happy with it. Is intel better? Sure but if your CPU does what you want and does it well why spend out hundreds more just to reap benefits you don't actually need? At least thats my view.

Have you seen the new AMD CPU they just released? 8-core, 4.7ghz base speed and it will OC itself to 5.0 automatically if your system has the cooling requirements.

If I had the money...:P

#22 Edited by HumanRocket (8932 posts) - - Show Bio

Mines has a touchscreen and it came with youtube app that lets me download videos from youtube and save them as either a video or a MP3 file.

#23 Posted by consolemaster001 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

My political correctness is so awesome that no one gets offended.

#24 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18620 posts) - - Show Bio

My political correctness is so awesome that no one gets offended.

What the f!ck man? I was going to make that joke.

#25 Posted by consolemaster001 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

My PC is still only a few months old and seems to be doing fine, which is good enough for me.

Don't know specific specs off the top of my head, so I've lost a lot of nerd cred.

#27 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18620 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18777 posts) - - Show Bio

My PC is still only a few months old and seems to be doing fine, which is good enough for me.

Don't know specific specs off the top of my head, so I've lost a lot of nerd cred.

lol. Don't worry. I thought this thread would be filled with more PC Nerds. Apparently I'm just a one of a kind uber-nerd.

#29 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Nah the real PC guys are just too good to associate with us peasants. XP

#30 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

my pc makes yours look like sophisticated rocks.

#31 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

CPU: Amd FX 6300

RAM: 8gb dual channel

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650TI Boost (2gb version)

Will not run Crysis 3 on max, but it still maxes out most games I throw at it with a few very demanding ones on High settings. Plenty of power for me :).