#1 Posted by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm shocked

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-boy-meets-world--sequel-scoop--cory-turns-into-mr--feeny-.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/girl-meets-world-pilot-disney-boy-meets-world_n_2084129.html

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
@slacker the hacker said:

I'm shocked

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-boy-meets-world--sequel-scoop--cory-turns-into-mr--feeny-.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/girl-meets-world-pilot-disney-boy-meets-world_n_2084129.html

holy sh!t... 
#3 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God no.

#4 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10098 posts) - - Show Bio

Won't work.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
everyone is trying to reboot sh!t... 
#6 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10098 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause reality TV is dead lol. I used to watch boy meets world though =]

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Nefarious (20339 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not surprised.

#9 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Won't work.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give pretty much any non reality show a shot, remember folks if we don't support scripted shows we're just asking for another Snooki

#11 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Boy Meets World? Huh, I watched it as a kid but the show kinda sucked.

#12 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Topanga definitely looks like a mom now. They could just replace Ben Savage with Fred Savage and say he's an alcoholic.

#13 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard about this earlier. Boy Meets World is one of my favorite shows. I don't think it'll be the same but I won't judge. It may be interesting if the original actors/actresses of Corey, Feeney, and Topanga reprise their roles. Maybe even bring back Shawn. Personally though I rather have more reruns of Boy Meets World rather than a sequel but hey, this may just surprise us all.

#14 Edited by Wolfrazer (6714 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya...I really don't think it'll be close to Boy Meets World in terms of the story and all that.....but will see, but now I don't really see it working with the way media is today and their reality shows.

#15 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

I've heard about this earlier. Boy Meets World is one of my favorite shows. I don't think it'll be the same but I won't judge. It may be interesting if the original actors/actresses of Corey, Feeney, and Topanga reprise their roles. Maybe even bring back Shawn. Personally though I rather have more reruns of Boy Meets World rather than a sequel but hey, this may just surprise us all.

#16 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Yeah, Topanga definitely looks like a mom now. They could just replace Ben Savage with Fred Savage and say he's an alcoholic.

Damn... she could still get it.

#17 Posted by QN5 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I pray they leave it as is.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: I'm fairly sure they can get most of the cast back, the guy who played Eric is the only one who's been getting consistent work since the show ended

#19 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:I forgot his name but the dude with the glasses who was friends with Eric in the first few seasons appeared on Full House a few times. Minkus I saw on One Tree Hill when that aired.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: I know the guy who played Eric was the voice of Batman from Batman Beyond, Ron Stoppable from Kim Possible and Lion-O from the new Thundercats series

#21 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Oh wow. I didn't know that. I honestly would of never guessed he was in Batman Beyond or Kim Possible. I dunno about him but I'd like Shawn to appear since he's Cory's best friend. Maybe even bring Shawn's half/step brother too. Think his name was Joey.

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: I think the kid who played Shawn was in a horror movie right after the show ended but its been a good 10 years since I've seen him in anything. He could be working at Denny's for all I know.

#23 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Lmao! Your comments always crack me up. xD You never know these days. Kenan or Kel I believe have been having financial problems for awhile. I know Mr. Feeney is still alive and I'm sure he would come back.

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: Feeny may be retired and he'd been a lot of stuff before Boy Meets World and a few things after, plus he was the Voice of K.I.T.T. in the original Knight Rider

#25 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Oh wow. Didn't know that. I always liked how he was the main teacher through the years. I did like the teacher who drove the motorcycle. Him and Corey had a good relationship. Always wondered how come he didn't appear towards the end. I unfortunately didn't start watching Boy Meets World til maybe 2006 or 2007. Disney used to air reruns and then ABC Family did but very early in the mornings.

#26 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8857 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: Didn't he die or something

#28 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: He was on Melissa & Joey last year. Actually related to Joey Lawrence in real life I believe. If you mean the biker teacher I'm not sure. He could be though. Haven't seen him on anything else.

#29 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: God has nothing to do with this act of random violence.

#30 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8857 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Crom-Cruach: God has nothing to do with this act of random violence.

LOL!

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: I was talking about the teacher, the character tho not the actor. I remember he had a motorcycle accident toward the end of one season and after they had their dramatic episode about that he was never heard from or seen again.

#32 Edited by Wolfrazer (6714 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@Samimista: I was talking about the teacher, the character tho not the actor. I remember he had a motorcycle accident toward the end of one season and after they had their dramatic episode about that he was never heard from or seen again.

Johnathan Turner, no he didn't die. He just never appeared again, right as everyone is about to graduate from High School. Minkus calls him out off screen. Also Shawn's bother was named Jack.
#33 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Oh! I guess so. I don't really remember to well. But yeah he was never really mentioned after that. I wish more reruns of the show would air.

@Wolfrazer said:

@joshmightbe said:

Johnathan Turner, no he didn't die. He just never appeared again, right as everyone is about to graduate from High School. Minkus calls him out off screen. Also Shawn's bother was named Jack.

Yeah Jack. Knew it began with a 'J' lol. He was an awesome character. xD

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: That makes it weird that he just disappeared given that he was a huge part of their lives. Not as bad as Judy from family matters tho, how did no one ever point out that one of the Winslow kids just disappeared.

#35 Posted by _Hawk_ (2058 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Topanga....I would bang the sh!t out of her.

2. C and T will have a teen daughter....someone can't add cause that would mean she would have been preggo in High School

3. Cory will be a teacher.....eh.

#36 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i would watch this show over anything 'reality'

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Hawk_: maybe its set slightly in the future