#1 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Whisper_ (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullsh!t.  

Also, this 

Current Massachusetts law bans all sorts of weapons and imposes draconian prison terms for their possession. Many knives such as switchblades are illegal outright. You need a license to carry pepper spray.  One could guess this has made the city much safer from rogue female joggers.

And this 

MORAL: “Take away knives, scissors and guns and only criminals will have knives, scissors & guns.”

#3 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the same city that shut down because of cartoon advertisements, and deployed a SWAT team because an old man was seen purchasing a "suspicious" amount of toys. In other words, Boston has pretty much declared war on not being a bunch of robots, and I wouldn't go there even if I was being paid to.

#4 Posted by Alurvelve (3669 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow_Thief said:
This is the same city that shut down because of cartoon advertisements, and deployed a SWAT team because an old man was seen purchasing a "suspicious" amount of toys. In other words, Boston has pretty much declared war on not being a bunch of robots, and I wouldn't go there even if I was being paid to.
LMFAO, I REMEMBER THIS!!!! 
#6 Posted by darth_brendroid (1725 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait. So are they going to eventually ban knives and forks, forcing people to eat with spoons? 

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (86157 posts) - - Show Bio

Modern politicians aren't just corrupt, they are morons!

#8 Posted by danhimself (21320 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope other states don't follow this....I'm not legally allowed to own a gun so I purchase a lot of knives

#9 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17561 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

Truer words have never been spoken my herculean friend
#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (16120 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow_Thief said:
 SWAT team for an old guy?LOL
#11 Posted by Mercy_ (93365 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow_Thief We don't talk about those...
#12 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Knives you can pick up in any kitchen store anyway. But banning guns i still think is a good thing.

#13 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14517 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol its  funny to me that as a nation you fought for your freedom from our Empire  due to our "strick" rules then you went and made your own much harsher and may i say slightly more mental rules.

#14 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

Items don't kill people...PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE...

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (86157 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mikepool said:

@PowerHerc said:

Truer words have never been spoken my herculean friend

Yes, sadly.

#16 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats silly 

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (14386 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadow_Thief said:
pretty much all that needs to be said
#18 Posted by CATPANEXE (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

some knives ruin it for all the knives. my butter knife wouldn't hurt a fly.

#19 Edited by Edamame (29857 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:

Lol its  funny to me that as a nation you fought for your freedom from our Empire  due to our "strick" rules then you went and made your own much harsher and may i say slightly more mental rules.

lol  The United States is Great Britain's rebellious child.
#20 Posted by joshmightbe (26584 posts) - - Show Bio

You know if they do successfully ban all manufactured weapons people will just go back to pointy sticks and rocks cause if there's one thing history has taught us it's that when people want to kill people they will find a way

#21 Posted by RisingBean (6699 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with banning the equipment the populace needs to defend themselves is that the bad guys will still manage to get ahold of deadly weapons. The police are not there to save you, they are there to arrest the guy who killed you after the fact. They can't be everywhere at once, after all. I'd much rather put my life into my own hands as a responsible gun owner then hope and pray that the police or an overzealous Batman fan will save myself or my family.
#22 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14517 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Thats preety much as i see it lol
#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to Australia. You Americans don't realise just how lucky you are to have such easy access to weapons.  

BATONS ARE ILLEGAL HERE.

#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Welcome to Australia. You Americans don't realise just how lucky you are to have such easy access to weapons.   BATONS ARE ILLEGAL HERE.
.... WTF
#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Welcome to Australia. You Americans don't realise just how lucky you are to have such easy access to weapons.   BATONS ARE ILLEGAL HERE.
.... WTF
Yep. Same with handguns, any form of non-recreational knife, or even body armour. Body armour is illegal, unless you're a licensed police or security officer. 
#26 Edited by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
.... WTF
Yep. Same with handguns, any form of non-recreational knife, or even body armour. Body armour is illegal, unless you're a licensed police or security officer. 
Same in Holland, although i'm not sure about Batons... but i think they are.
#27 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8361 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we are establishing gradually that almost everywhere sucks ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Earth!