• 114 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Who's heading back to Pandora on Sept 18th (US release date)?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xanni15

The first one was okay, though I was mad that nothing worthwhile was inside the Vault, and I do hope the story/plot is much better this time around.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

The first one was okay, though I was mad that nothing worthwhile was inside the Vault, and I do hope the story/plot is much better this time around.

The conclusion was awful.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

That's an understatement. One of the worst endings for any game in recent memory, especially due to everything that was built up before that.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

That's an understatement. One of the worst endings for any game in recent memory, especially due to everything that was built up before that.

I heard Rage's ending is up there as well, but to be honest I stopped about 75% or so into the game.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

I heard Rage's ending is up there as well, but to be honest I stopped about 75% or so into the game.

At least Rage had decent length, though, but that could make the ending that much worse. lol The biggest issue was the lack of a boss. That maybe should be a spoiler? I don't know how to do it though.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

At least Rage had decent length, though, but that could make the ending that much worse. lol The biggest issue was the lack of a boss. That maybe should be a spoiler? I don't know how to do it though.

Really? Many criticized Rage's single player for not being long enough. The races and card game kept me amused for quite some time, though.

No, I don't believe that requires a spoiler. I heard it just ends rather abruptly when things begin to pick up, too.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

I really enjoyed Borderlands (hence the reason i've got number 2 on pre-order) I just hope they iron out the problems the first one had!

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

Really? Many criticized Rage's single player for not being long enough. The races and card game kept me amused for quite some time, though.

No, I don't believe that requires a spoiler. I heard it just ends rather abruptly when things begin to pick up, too.

It might just be me, I hate rushing through games. I want to get my moneys worth so I explore to my hearts content. I know some who said they beat it in under 10 hours while some took twice that long.

My biggest gripe, once you finish the game you realize that it was an obvious setup for the sequel. So you just spent $60 or whatever for a game with no definitive ending or boss fight but did setup the ssequel nicely so they can hit the ground running.

Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Tyrannotaur

I'm getting Borderlands 2 on day one. I really enjoyed the first game. One of the few games I ever strained to try to 100% (still need to finish the Underdome stuff, which I don't feel like doing). I actually thought the ending to the first one was clever. Especially if you know the Pandora's Box myth. Cause you know the planet is named Pandora.. Not the greatest ending but not God-awful either.

I started out with Mordecai, but then moved on to Lillith on a subsequent playthrough because she is way Over Powered. For the sequel I'll probably start with either Zero or Maya. I'd like to try out Axton too. The Gunzerker doesn't interest me. There's also the Mecromancer girl, but she won't be out until later.

Did anyone manage to secure the Loot chest edition? That was gonna be my one big purchase of the fall but I couldn't preorder it anywhere and had to settle for the regular special edition.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

It might just be me, I hate rushing through games. I want to get my moneys worth so I explore to my hearts content. I know some who said they beat it in under 10 hours while some took twice that long.

My biggest gripe, once you finish the game you realize that it was an obvious setup for the sequel. So you just spent $60 or whatever for a game with no definitive ending or boss fight but did setup the ssequel nicely so they can hit the ground running.

I'm with you. I've never tried to rush through a campaign first time through. Crackdown took me forever because I was having so much fun exploring, but when determined in co-op, I was able to beat the campaign in a few mere hours with a buddy. Yeah, I know a few who claim the game only took them just over 9 hours and such, but they also didn't dive into the racing tournament and all that. Shame. At the same rate, this is extremely off-putting for a select few games. I'm still not even close to beating GTA4 and I honestly question if I'll ever dive back into it. I want to, but there's just so much to do and I honestly have no idea what's even going on anymore.

I never tried it, but it was disappointing that (competitive) multiplayer was limited to vehicles. Seemed like a fun mode (mature Mario Kart or Mod Racers if you will), but they had the potential for so much more. Obvious deathmatch / team deathmatch modes aside, it would have been hilarious fun to play any of the mini-games competitively (the card game, for example).

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By YoungJustice

It looks Gotham City Imposter'esque.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Zero is the most appealing choice, but my friend already called dibs. Guess I'll be the soldier :P

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By WarBlade539
Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to preorder this soon and start off with Zer0. My biggest issue with Borderlands 1and 2 so far is that only 2 players can play on one console. I figured they would fix it during BL2 but according to the Hammerlock trailer it's still only 2 players on one console. Oh well looks like my 3rd friend will be playing elsewhere. That being said i'm happy they are allowing two player to go online on the same console instead of one because that part about the first game was just weird.. Anyway I also hope they stop people from modding their gear online too. Well I can't wait i'm definitely getting this and tekken tag tournament 2 as well

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

What's a story? But let's be honest, who truly cares for a story in a Diablo style FPS? That's where the true enjoyment comes from; massive boss battles, ridiculous loot and chaotic characters.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: Well, having a decent story certainly wouldn't hurt :P

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By utotheg38

@k4tzm4n: But..............The gaming thread

D:

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By pixelized

Can't wait to be Maya!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n said:

Of course it wouldn't and I truly have full confidence in Gearbox in pulling it off even better this time around.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@utotheg38 said:

@k4tzm4n: But..............The gaming thread

D:

What about it? :P

In that thread, talk of Borderlands 2 can get lost in a page and quickly buried. This is a thread solely dedicated to talking about this specific game.

@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Of course it wouldn't and I truly have full confidence in Gearbox in pulling it off even better this time around.

I hope so. Regardless, the gameplay looks every bit as fun.

@pixelized said:

Can't wait to be Maya!

I really wanted Zero, but a buddy already called him. Guess I'll be the generic soldier because I'm a FPS fanboy :D

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: The gameplay looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait for the game! I'm just stuck in choosing between Zero and the Gunzerker.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By utotheg38

@k4tzm4n: You could at least stop by..................Show a brothers thread some love....................... I did for yours...........................

lol

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n: The gameplay looks absolutely fantastic and I can't wait for the game! I'm just stuck in choosing between Zero and the Gunzerker.

Zero! Man, he's a freaking ninja sniper. You can't top that.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I KNOW! He's so sick! Although in the original, I merely played as the soldier class.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I KNOW! He's so sick! Although in the original, I merely played as the soldier class.

WUT!?

Mordecai was a total boss, man.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: I know, I know! I'm a disgrace! We should re-play the game to get pumped for the sequel!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pixelized

@k4tzm4n said:

@pixelized said:

Can't wait to be Maya!

I really wanted Zero, but a buddy already called him. Guess I'll be the generic soldier because I'm a FPS fanboy :D

Ha! I play with my boyfriend and he fell in love with Zero the moment he saw him... which isn't really all that surprising considering he used Mordecai in the first one. I just hope Maya's Phaselock ability upgrades to do some fantastic AoE ("Area of Effect" for non nerds), as I'm going to miss my portable safety zone with Lilith's Phasewalk.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Putting my money on Halo 4.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deranged Midget

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Almost everyone is mate, but leave that for another thread!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Deranged Midget
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Speaking of the story...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/24/gearbox-why-borderlands-2s-story-wont-suck

Gearbox continuously improves and expands on their games. They always show extreme dedication to their work no matter how bad the game might turn out *cough Duke Nukem Forever*. But I'm extremely excited for Borderlands 2 and especially Aliens: Colonial Marines next year.

YES!  I really hope there's some great co-op modes for that one.
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: Don't know if you caught it, but there's a spectacular game mode where 4 players play as the Marines and make their way through a map trying to get to the extraction, while the rest play as the Xeno's. It looks fantastic:

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Deranged Midget: Yup, I did.  Definitely some exciting stuff!  I'm a sucker though for your generic wave based/survival mode, so I hope there's something like that again.
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: As am I, that's why I'm so addicted to Left 4 Dead and Gears of War's Horde mode :P

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Deranged Midget

Wicked news regarding Borderlands 2. Gearbox is giving players the opportunity to pre-spec their character of choice before the game even launches.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/09/borderlands-2-skill-tree-builder-goes-live

Gearbox has released a Borderlands 2 Skill Tree Builder on its official site. The builder allows players to customize Axton (Commando), Salvador (Gunzerker), Zero(Assassin) or Maya (Siren) by distributing points in order to plan out their characters.

A little more info regarding what you can do with the pre-spec tree:

According to the Gearbox forums, additional functionality will be added next week, including the ability to share character builds with others via direct links and sounds from Borderlands 2's in-game skill trees when distributing points. The ability to right click to remove points will also be added, as players currently have to hit “reset” to start over if they misplace a point.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By laflux

@k4tzm4n said:

I'm with you. I've never tried to rush through a campaign first time through. Crackdown took me forever because I was having so much fun exploring, but when determined in co-op, I was able to beat the campaign in a few mere hours with a buddy. Yeah, I know a few who claim the game only took them just over 9 hours and such, but they also didn't dive into the racing tournament and all that. Shame. At the same rate, this is extremely off-putting for a select few games. I'm still not even close to beating GTA4 and I honestly question if I'll ever dive back into it. I want to, but there's just so much to do and I honestly have no idea what's even going on anymore.

I never tried it, but it was disappointing that (competitive) multiplayer was limited to vehicles. Seemed like a fun mode (mature Mario Kart or Mod Racers if you will), but they had the potential for so much more. Obvious deathmatch / team deathmatch modes aside, it would have been hilarious fun to play any of the mini-games competitively (the card game, for example).

I have fond memories of that game. I thought it was only useful for the halo 3 beta they had with it, but it was class in itself.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@laflux: I'm so grateful for that Halo 3 beta. I was already psyched for the game (played the Crackdown demo over and over and over), but that Halo demo helped lure in tons of new fans :D

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Xanni15
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock

I need to play the first one.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Static Shock: Honestly, there's no true story building up to it so you won't miss out on but it's a great game regardless.

@k4tzm4n: Looking pretty positive from that IGN review.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Gamestop has a midnight release for it.  So much win.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: Do you think there will be local 2 player online (like Halo)?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch: Yes, there's 2 player split-screen co-op!
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: Oh I mean could I go online with a guest? Or does the game only allow 2 players at a time anyways?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch: Yes, the video in the OP says the two local players can go online.  (6:16ish)
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By _Zombie_

I really wish I had the money to get it.