• 134 results
#1 Posted by Justice Warrior (27 posts) - - Show Bio

So...he made it...any comments?

#2 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't have done roids, he is good enough that he doesn't need them, now his record will be tainted with a *

#3 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. i didn't know what you meant at first.

weren't a whole lot of other people using steroids too? so why blame him for everything?

#4 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question. Why,choose him to shoulder the burden of many? What about him is so special?

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Good question. Why,choose him to shoulder the burden of many? What about him is so special?"

We all know whats up. Its cause he's black, nobody said $#@! when Mark Mcgwire was breaking the single season home run record. Hell steroids weren't even on the banned substance list in baseball until like 1997 or something. Pitchers were even using riods, not to mention Palemaro went before the senate and pointed his finger at them all and said "I've never used steroids." only to fail a drug test two weeks later. But Bonds is the ass$#@% how does that work?

#6 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not the first player to use steroids. There's been Mark Maguire and that one Cuban guy.

#7 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

A-Rod will break it.

#8 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Good question. Why,choose him to shoulder the burden of many? What about him is so special?"

We all know whats up. Its cause he's black, nobody said $#@! when Mark Mcgwire was breaking the single season home run record. Hell steroids weren't even on the banned substance list in baseball until like 1997 or something. Pitchers were even using riods, not to mention Palemaro went before the senate and pointed his finger at them all and said "I've never used steroids." only to fail a drug test two weeks later. But Bonds is the ass$#@% how does that work?"

I agree, I hate to say it but I think it is because he is black.

#9 Posted by Reject (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
We all know whats up. Its cause he's black, nobody said $#@! when Mark Mcgwire was breaking the single season home run record. Hell steroids weren't even on the banned substance list in baseball until like 1997 or something. Pitchers were even using riods, not to mention Palemaro went before the senate and pointed his finger at them all and said "I've never used steroids." only to fail a drug test two weeks later. But Bonds is the ass$#@% how does that work?"
I agree, I hate to say it but I think it is because he is black."

So do I.

#10 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

No, it's because he's breaking/broke the greatest record in sports.

#11 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

No, it's because he's breaking/broke the greatest record in sports."

that's no excuse

#12 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

No, it's because he's breaking/broke the greatest record in sports."

I wish that was true.

#13 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

If only Ken Griffey Jr didn't get injured so much.

#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"If only Ken Griffey Jr didn't get injured so much."

Griffey's cool but I like Barry Bonds. His father (Bobby Bonds) was an allstar and his godfather is Willie Mays I mean come on. He's won a record 7 MVPs not to mention several gold gloves and batting titles. When reporters ask other major league players 90 percent of them all say he's been the best player in baseball since his rookie season.

I don't care if he took steroids or not so did alot of other people and they didn't come close to accomplishing what he did so there must be more to it then just the riods.

#15 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#16 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"zero edge says:
"If only Ken Griffey Jr didn't get injured so much."
Griffey's cool but I like Barry Bonds. His father (Bobby Bonds) was an allstar and his godfather is Willie Mays I mean come on. He's won a record 7 MVPs not to mention several gold gloves and batting titles. When reporters ask other major league players 90 percent of them all say he's been the best player in baseball since his rookie season. I don't care if he took steroids or not so did alot of other people and they didn't come close to accomplishing what he did so there must be more to it then just the riods."

Yeah Bonds is good, there's no denying that, whether he took steroids or not. I liked him when he was a gold glover... but his personality makes me dislike him and hard to root for.

#17 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

C'mon guys, surely you can't be serious! The guys record who he is breaking hank Aaron, he is black!! Why would racists care if a black guy is breaking a black guys record? The real reason is that everyone (not literally, but most) from media, people in the know, to even teamates say that Bonds is a real jerk. Most people don't think he is a likeable guy, if he were a nice guy/good teamate and didn't possibly use steroids everyone would be happy for him. Also another reason people didn't want to see him break the record is because of who's record he is breaking. Hank Aaron had to go through real death threats and hatred, real racism when he broke Babe Ruths record and he is a nice guy and a great teammate. Why would "the media" or whoever you think is racist just be racist against bonds? Why dont and didn't they hate Michael Jordan/Tiger Woods/Magic Johnson/Charles Barkley/Walter Payton/Emmit Smith/Barry Sander etc etc. Please tell me you guys don't think that people don't like bonds simply because he is black.

#18 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

C'mon guys, surely you can't be serious! The guys record who he is breaking hank Aaron, he is black!! Why would racists care if a black guy is breaking a black guys record? The real reason is that everyone (not literally, but most) from media, people in the know, to even teamates say that Bonds is a real jerk. Most people don't think he is a likeable guy, if he were a nice guy/good teamate and didn't possibly use steroids everyone would be happy for him. Also another reason people didn't want to see him break the record is because of who's record he is breaking. Hank Aaron had to go through real death threats and hatred, real racism when he broke Babe Ruths record and he is a nice guy and a great teammate. Why would "the media" or whoever you think is racist just be racist against bonds? Why dont and didn't they hate Michael Jordan/Tiger Woods/Magic Johnson/Charles Barkley/Walter Payton/Emmit Smith/Barry Sander etc etc. Please tell me you guys don't think that people don't like bonds simply because he is black.

"

it has nothing to do with the record whatsoever, it has to do with how they never said anything to the tons of other players to used steroids for performance enhancement.

#19 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
C'mon guys, surely you can't be serious! The guys record who he is breaking hank Aaron, he is black!! Why would racists care if a black guy is breaking a black guys record? The real reason is that everyone (not literally, but most) from media, people in the know, to even teamates say that Bonds is a real jerk. Most people don't think he is a likeable guy, if he were a nice guy/good teamate and didn't possibly use steroids everyone would be happy for him. Also another reason people didn't want to see him break the record is because of who's record he is breaking. Hank Aaron had to go through real death threats and hatred, real racism when he broke Babe Ruths record and he is a nice guy and a great teammate. Why would "the media" or whoever you think is racist just be racist against bonds? Why dont and didn't they hate Michael Jordan/Tiger Woods/Magic Johnson/Charles Barkley/Walter Payton/Emmit Smith/Barry Sander etc etc. Please tell me you guys don't think that people don't like bonds simply because he is black. "
it has nothing to do with the record whatsoever, it has to do with how they never said anything to the tons of other players to used steroids for performance enhancement."

Your kidding right? Mark Mcguire, sosa, and many others that i can't name (because I dont keep up with baseball) had to go in front of congress to testify, their careers in baseball/endorsements are ruined because of it. When is the last time you had seen or heard from Mark Mcguire? He won't even get into the hall of fame because of steroids and he never failed a test. Sosa is nothing more than a punchline now. How is it not about the record???? It's ALL about the record. Do you believe for one second that if bonds was at 200 homeruns that he would be getting ANY press?

#20 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
C'mon guys, surely you can't be serious! The guys record who he is breaking hank Aaron, he is black!! Why would racists care if a black guy is breaking a black guys record? The real reason is that everyone (not literally, but most) from media, people in the know, to even teamates say that Bonds is a real jerk. Most people don't think he is a likeable guy, if he were a nice guy/good teamate and didn't possibly use steroids everyone would be happy for him. Also another reason people didn't want to see him break the record is because of who's record he is breaking. Hank Aaron had to go through real death threats and hatred, real racism when he broke Babe Ruths record and he is a nice guy and a great teammate. Why would "the media" or whoever you think is racist just be racist against bonds? Why dont and didn't they hate Michael Jordan/Tiger Woods/Magic Johnson/Charles Barkley/Walter Payton/Emmit Smith/Barry Sander etc etc. Please tell me you guys don't think that people don't like bonds simply because he is black. "

Its not just about the record that's why. Why is he the only one being investigated yet Mark Mcguire went in front on the senate and did everything but shoot up in front of them yet lets get Bonds. You think Barry Bonds isn't getting death threats? What planet do you live on. You say Bonds is a mean guy, how do you know, cause the media said so, this wouldn't be the same media that Bonds has been at war with since the beginning of his career would it?

Tiger Woods? Are you joking. I take it you never heard the famous Fuzzy Zelor comment then.

#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
it has nothing to do with the record whatsoever, it has to do with how they never said anything to the tons of other players to used steroids for performance enhancement."
Your kidding right? Mark Mcguire, sosa, and many others that i can't name (because I dont keep up with baseball) had to go in front of congress to testify, their careers in baseball/endorsements are ruined because of it. When is the last time you had seen or heard from Mark Mcguire? He won't even get into the hall of fame because of steroids and he never failed a test. Sosa is nothing more than a punchline now. How is it not about the record???? It's ALL about the record. Do you believe for one second that if bonds was at 200 homeruns that he would be getting ANY press?"

Bonds may go to prison, I dont hear anybody even talking about Mark Mcguire. Failed test? they found a banned substance in his locker. Dont give me this Bonds is just a bad guy BS.

#22 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
Its not just about the record that's why. Why is he the only one being investigated yet Mark Mcguire went in front on the senate and did everything but shoot up in front of them yet lets get Bonds. You think Barry Bonds isn't getting death threats? What planet do you live on. You say Bonds is a mean guy, how do you know, cause the media said so, this wouldn't be the same media that Bonds has been at war with since the beginning of his career would it? Tiger Woods? Are you joking. I take it you never heard the famous Fuzzy Zelor comment then. "

First of all Bonds teamates and MOST guys in baseball when asked say that bonds is a jerk. If you don't want to believe them, then their is nothing I can do becuase your're right I don't know him personally. If it were just reporters saying it that would be one thing, but when baseball takes a players poll, or asks the players about him the general consenus is that he is a jerk. Out of all the black guys in sports, and the majority of guys are black, why bonds, if it is racism it wouldn't be just bonds, it would be all black guys. As far as tiger woods goes c'mon man, their isn't one person i know that doesn't like and pull for tiger woods. He is the only player in the world that causes tv ratings to go up for golf, if the media or whoever was racist, this wouldn't happen. You mention one guy Fuzzy Zelor some old timer who may be a racist, but that is one guy! Out of all the other guys I named Michael Jordan, Emmit etc you come up with fuzzy zelor and one racist comment? If it is racism then Why wasn't everyone out to get Emmit when he broke walter paytons record? Why did no one ever say Barry Sanders is a jerk? Why is Griffey so loved?

#23 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
Your kidding right? Mark Mcguire, sosa, and many others that i can't name (because I dont keep up with baseball) had to go in front of congress to testify, their careers in baseball/endorsements are ruined because of it. When is the last time you had seen or heard from Mark Mcguire? He won't even get into the hall of fame because of steroids and he never failed a test. Sosa is nothing more than a punchline now. How is it not about the record???? It's ALL about the record. Do you believe for one second that if bonds was at 200 homeruns that he would be getting ANY press?"
Bonds may go to prison, I dont hear anybody even talking about Mark Mcguire. Failed test? they found a banned substance in his locker. Dont give me this Bonds is just a bad guy BS."

Banned and illegal are two different things steroid are a controlled substance ANDRO is not. THey found ANDRO in his locker which you can buy over the counter in GNC! I know because I took it for a while. The olympics tests for high levels of caffeine and you can get disqualified for it, but your not going to go to jail because its not illegal!

#24 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
Its not just about the record that's why. Why is he the only one being investigated yet Mark Mcguire went in front on the senate and did everything but shoot up in front of them yet lets get Bonds. You think Barry Bonds isn't getting death threats? What planet do you live on. You say Bonds is a mean guy, how do you know, cause the media said so, this wouldn't be the same media that Bonds has been at war with since the beginning of his career would it? Tiger Woods? Are you joking. I take it you never heard the famous Fuzzy Zelor comment then. "
First of all Bonds teamates and MOST guys in baseball when asked say that bonds is a jerk. If you don't want to believe them, then their is nothing I can do becuase your're right I don't know him personally. If it were just reporters saying it that would be one thing, but when baseball takes a players poll, or asks the players about him the general consenus is that he is a jerk. Out of all the black guys in sports, and the majority of guys are black, why bonds, if it is racism it wouldn't be just bonds, it would be all black guys. As far as tiger woods goes c'mon man, their isn't one person i know that doesn't like and pull for tiger woods. He is the only player in the world that causes tv ratings to go up for golf, if the media or whoever was racist, this wouldn't happen. You mention one guy Fuzzy Zelor some old timer who may be a racist, but that is one guy! Out of all the other guys I named Michael Jordan, Emmit etc you come up with fuzzy zelor and one racist comment? If it is racism then Why wasn't everyone out to get Emmit when he broke walter paytons record? Why did no one ever say Barry Sanders is a jerk? Why is Griffey so loved?"

you cant use griffey and tiger because they havent been accused of using steroids. everyone else who has been accused or even proven has been left alone after a while. bonds though is waved around like a flag as if he is the only one who has ever used steroids. and he's never even tested positive. it may not be entirely up to racism but that must play some part in it.

#25 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
First of all Bonds teamates and MOST guys in baseball when asked say that bonds is a jerk. If you don't want to believe them, then their is nothing I can do becuase your're right I don't know him personally. If it were just reporters saying it that would be one thing, but when baseball takes a players poll, or asks the players about him the general consenus is that he is a jerk. Out of all the black guys in sports, and the majority of guys are black, why bonds, if it is racism it wouldn't be just bonds, it would be all black guys. As far as tiger woods goes c'mon man, their isn't one person i know that doesn't like and pull for tiger woods. He is the only player in the world that causes tv ratings to go up for golf, if the media or whoever was racist, this wouldn't happen. You mention one guy Fuzzy Zelor some old timer who may be a racist, but that is one guy! Out of all the other guys I named Michael Jordan, Emmit etc you come up with fuzzy zelor and one racist comment? If it is racism then Why wasn't everyone out to get Emmit when he broke walter paytons record? Why did no one ever say Barry Sanders is a jerk? Why is Griffey so loved?"

Jesus man your truly lost. Your right rascism in sports is none exsistent. I named Fuzzy cause it was the most famous. Okay here ya go. Look at Micheal Vick, dog fighting, are you serious, this goes on every day yet he's all over t.v. like he killed 9 people. The medias screaming for him to be banned, outside the Falcons dome there are two sides, one side is saying give him prison time and ban him and the other side is like who $#@!ing cares. And its a fact that the pro Vick side is black and the anti side is white. Racism is alive an well in sports my friend. You may want to ignore it but it doesn't mean I have to.

#26 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
Bonds may go to prison, I dont hear anybody even talking about Mark Mcguire. Failed test? they found a banned substance in his locker. Dont give me this Bonds is just a bad guy BS."
Banned and illegal are two different things steroid are a controlled substance ANDRO is not. THey found ANDRO in his locker which you can buy over the counter in GNC! I know because I took it for a while. The olympics tests for high levels of caffeine and you can get disqualified for it, but your not going to go to jail because its not illegal!"

Are you white?

#27 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

you cant use griffey and tiger because they havent been accused of using steroids. everyone else who has been accused or even proven has been left alone after a while. bonds though is waved around like a flag as if he is the only one who has ever used steroids. and he's never even tested positive. it may not be entirely up to racism but that must play some part in it."

amen

#28 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
Jesus man your truly lost. Your right rascism in sports is none exsistent. I named Fuzzy cause it was the most famous. Okay here ya go. Look at Micheal Vick, dog fighting, are you serious, this goes on every day yet he's all over t.v. like he killed 9 people. The medias screaming for him to be banned, outside the Falcons dome there are two sides, one side is saying give him prison time and ban him and the other side is like who $#@!ing cares. And its a fact that the pro Vick side is black and the anti side is white. Racism is alive an well in sports my friend. You may want to ignore it but it doesn't mean I have to."

Why are you getting so upset? You haven't responded to any of my previous points. Here is the problem when someone white or black does something bad they get in trouble for it and it isn't necessarily racism.When White athletes behave and are good teamates and citizens they get rewarded with television/good publicity Peyton Manning/Mike Alstott when Black athletes behave and are good teeammates they get rewarded with television/good publicity Emmitt Smith/Jerry Rice. YOu notice that racism isn't brought up with respect to "the good guys" only when someone does something bad like Dog fighting, which is a FELONY that mean federal offense. DO you truly believe that if Peyton Manning where involved in and funding a Dog Fighting ring that people would just say "0h well he's white" let him keep playing HELL NO. Dog fighting again is illegal and if Vick is involve he will hopefully get punished for it.

#29 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

""0h well he's white""

lmao. i kinda agree a little more with gambler but that's the funniest thing i've heard all day.

#30 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Apparition says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
you cant use griffey and tiger because they havent been accused of using steroids. everyone else who has been accused or even proven has been left alone after a while. bonds though is waved around like a flag as if he is the only one who has ever used steroids. and he's never even tested positive. it may not be entirely up to racism but that must play some part in it."
amen"

Again the reason they are waving bonds around is because of the RECORD!! Again, do you think bonds would be in the media AT ALL if he had 200 home runs? If you think that if bonds was a .250 hitter averaging 30 homeruns with a total of 200 that he would be the center of the steroid scandal your sadly mistaken. Again the record that he broke was held by a black man!! A racist person hates people based on race meaning they wouldn't like hank aaron meaning they wouldn't care if bonds broke his record.

#31 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
Jesus man your truly lost. Your right rascism in sports is none exsistent. I named Fuzzy cause it was the most famous. Okay here ya go. Look at Micheal Vick, dog fighting, are you serious, this goes on every day yet he's all over t.v. like he killed 9 people. The medias screaming for him to be banned, outside the Falcons dome there are two sides, one side is saying give him prison time and ban him and the other side is like who $#@!ing cares. And its a fact that the pro Vick side is black and the anti side is white. Racism is alive an well in sports my friend. You may want to ignore it but it doesn't mean I have to."
Why are you getting so upset? You haven't responded to any of my previous points. Here is the problem when someone white or black does something bad they get in trouble for it and it isn't necessarily racism.When White athletes behave and are good teamates and citizens they get rewarded with television/good publicity Peyton Manning/Mike Alstott when Black athletes behave and are good teeammates they get rewarded with television/good publicity Emmitt Smith/Jerry Rice. YOu notice that racism isn't brought up with respect to "the good guys" only when someone does something bad like Dog fighting, which is a FELONY that mean federal offense. DO you truly believe that if Peyton Manning where involved in and funding a Dog Fighting ring that people would just say "0h well he's white" let him keep playing HELL NO. Dog fighting again is illegal and if Vick is involve he will hopefully get punished for it. "

What has Bonds done? As far as I know he hasn't been convicted of anything. Same with Micheal Vick. And of course Peyton Manning would get better press coverage then Vick, are you serious? What points have you made, because nobody was racist against Jordan it cant be happening to Bonds? That doesn't even make sense.

#32 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
amen"
Again the reason they are waving bonds around is because of the RECORD!! Again, do you think bonds would be in the media AT ALL if he had 200 home runs? If you think that if bonds was a .250 hitter averaging 30 homeruns with a total of 200 that he would be the center of the steroid scandal your sadly mistaken. Again the record that he broke was held by a black man!! A racist person hates people based on race meaning they wouldn't like hank aaron meaning they wouldn't care if bonds broke his record."

Most of those people are dead. You think there still working? Its got nothing to do with who held the record before and everything to do with who's breaking it now.

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
amen"
Again the reason they are waving bonds around is because of the RECORD!! Again, do you think bonds would be in the media AT ALL if he had 200 home runs? If you think that if bonds was a .250 hitter averaging 30 homeruns with a total of 200 that he would be the center of the steroid scandal your sadly mistaken. Again the record that he broke was held by a black man!! A racist person hates people based on race meaning they wouldn't like hank aaron meaning they wouldn't care if bonds broke his record."

i would like to say that it isn't who holds the record that someone like that cares about but who is going to break the record. they dont give up on the home run title (which is the biggest title in that sport right?) simply because a black man holds it. every time someone who isn't white takes that record, someone who was racist would be upset about it. the only time they wouldn't be was if a white person reclaimed it. but i still say that youre right that it isn't all about race. it's a little bit of all of it, and race is a part of that. oh and i do think they would be talking about bonds still even if he hadnt been going for the record. they needed a scapegoat to direct all the anger about steroids on and he's it, for whatever reasons you believe.

#34 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
amen"
i would like to say that it isn't who holds the record that someone like that cares about but who is going to break the record. they dont give up on the home run title (which is the biggest title in that sport right?) simply because a black man holds it. every time someone who isn't white takes that record, someone who was racist would be upset about it. the only time they wouldn't be was if a white person reclaimed it. but i still say that youre right that it isn't all about race. it's a little bit of all of it, and race is a part of that. oh and i do think they would be talking about bonds still even if he hadnt been going for the record. they needed a scapegoat to direct all the anger about steroids on and he's it, for whatever reasons you believe."

I like you.

#35 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

The point isn't steroids is it? I thought the point was race, isn't tiger woods black? isn't griffey black? so if we are talking about racism being involved then they woud be included right? If the media or whoever that is racist is out to get bonds and trying to pin steroids on him (not according to everyone because of the record) because he is black then why arent' they trying to pin something on Tiger/Griffey? Why didn't they "set-up" emmitt smith when he broke paytons record?

#36 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm done with this. You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.

#37 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I'm done with this. You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want."

Thanks for responding to my points. Good argument.

#38 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
Thanks for responding to my points. Good argument."

No No your right, Jordan and Emmett didn't get hated on so there's no racism in sports. Great point.

#39 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
No No your right, Jordan and Emmett didn't get hated on so there's no racism in sports. Great point."

This thing just keeps on buzzing

#40 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

"This is something we, as African-American athletes, live with every day," Bonds said. "I don't need a headline that says, 'Bonds says there's racism in the game of baseball.' We all know it. It's just that some people don't want to admit it. They're going to play dumb like they don't know what the hell is going on."

Barry Bonds

#41 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
No No your right, Jordan and Emmett didn't get hated on so there's no racism in sports. Great point."

I changed my mind, Bonds is totally clean! His, Sosa and Mcguires miraculous increase in size and homeruns were just due to clean living. And The government planted the evidence at Mike Vicks house to make it look like he was involved in Dog Figthing.

#42 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a time-worn pattern of a federal government and a predominantly white media tearing down a strong black athlete -- who this time happens to be on the cusp of besting the home run mark of a beloved white icon.

"If you have a black man who's conscious and independent and on the verge of breaking Babe Ruth's record...that's frightening,” said Leonard Moore, a Louisiana State University professor who teaches a course on the history of the African-American athlete. “If you speak out, if you don't play to what white America wants, there will be persecution, scrutiny and unfair reporting.”

#43 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"There's a time-worn pattern of a federal government and a predominantly white media tearing down a strong black athlete -- who this time happens to be on the cusp of besting the home run mark of a beloved white icon. "If you have a black man who's conscious and independent and on the verge of breaking Babe Ruth's record...that's frightening,” said Leonard Moore, a Louisiana State University professor who teaches a course on the history of the African-American athlete. “If you speak out, if you don't play to what white America wants, there will be persecution, scrutiny and unfair reporting.”"

NIce quote, but didn't you say earlier "Its got nothing to do with who held the record before and everything to do with who's breaking it now." That being a history class, I am sure that racism was rampant back in the day (Hank Aarons). Also, Bonds beat Babe Ruth a while ago and I don't recall anything being mentioned about steroids or even a big deal being made out of it I don't even remember when he did it. If Bonds didn't add 40lbs of muscle at age 35 (very unlikely naturally) and he wasnt involved with Balco (that is not disputed) and wasn't named in the same book that outed Mcguire/sosa, then their wouldn't be any stink about the record at all. Do you think bonds is totally clean? I don't think he is, I also don't think Mcguire or Sosa is. There are thousands of strong black athletes who obey the law and the rules of their league I have serious doubts that they feel that they are discriminated against at all. Michael Vick came into the NFL and was the biggest thing since sliced bread, he had the highest jersey sales, he drove the most attendance, and you never heard anything about the league being racist (especially when the falcons paid him 100 million dollars). Now that he has been federally indicted on dog fighting charges and the league has asked him not to play while it is resolved they are racist.

#44 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"There's a time-worn pattern of a federal government and a predominantly white media tearing down a strong black athlete -- who this time happens to be on the cusp of besting the home run mark of a beloved white icon. "If you have a black man who's conscious and independent and on the verge of breaking Babe Ruth's record...that's frightening,” said Leonard Moore, a Louisiana State University professor who teaches a course on the history of the African-American athlete. “If you speak out, if you don't play to what white America wants, there will be persecution, scrutiny and unfair reporting.”"

NIce quote, but didn't you say earlier "Its got nothing to do with who held the record before and everything to do with who's breaking it now." That being a history class, I am sure that racism was rampant back in the day (Hank Aarons). Also, Bonds beat Babe Ruth a while ago and I don't recall anything being mentioned about steroids or even a big deal being made out of it I don't even remember when he did it. If Bonds didn't add 40lbs of muscle at age 35 (very unlikely naturally) and he wasnt involved with Balco (that is not disputed) and wasn't named in the same book that outed Mcguire/sosa, then their wouldn't be any stink about the record at all. Do you think bonds is totally clean? I don't think he is, I also don't think Mcguire or Sosa is. There are thousands of strong black athletes who obey the law and the rules of their league I have serious doubts that they feel that they are discriminated against at all. Michael Vick came into the NFL and was the biggest thing since sliced bread, he had the highest jersey sales, he drove the most attendance, and you never heard anything about the league being racist (especially when the falcons paid him 100 million dollars). Now that he has been federally indicted on dog fighting charges and the league has asked him not to play while it is resolved they are racist. "

When McGuire suddenly balked up nobody gave a $#@! its common knowledge that after the baseball strike the sport was in trouble so it looked the other way while Big Mac and Sosa single handedly brought it back, never mind how they did it, but then here comes Bonds about to pass Babe Ruth and thats when the $#@! hit the fan. I don't doubt you didn't hear any fuss back then since you already admitted you don't pay attention to baseball.

I never said the NFL was racist. I don't know if your not paying attention or you just need to be right on this issue, I'm not sure.

#45 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
NIce quote, but didn't you say earlier "Its got nothing to do with who held the record before and everything to do with who's breaking it now." That being a history class, I am sure that racism was rampant back in the day (Hank Aarons). Also, Bonds beat Babe Ruth a while ago and I don't recall anything being mentioned about steroids or even a big deal being made out of it I don't even remember when he did it. If Bonds didn't add 40lbs of muscle at age 35 (very unlikely naturally) and he wasnt involved with Balco (that is not disputed) and wasn't named in the same book that outed Mcguire/sosa, then their wouldn't be any stink about the record at all. Do you think bonds is totally clean? I don't think he is, I also don't think Mcguire or Sosa is. There are thousands of strong black athletes who obey the law and the rules of their league I have serious doubts that they feel that they are discriminated against at all. Michael Vick came into the NFL and was the biggest thing since sliced bread, he had the highest jersey sales, he drove the most attendance, and you never heard anything about the league being racist (especially when the falcons paid him 100 million dollars). Now that he has been federally indicted on dog fighting charges and the league has asked him not to play while it is resolved they are racist. "
When McGuire suddenly balked up nobody gave a $#@! its common knowledge that after the baseball strike the sport was in trouble so it looked the other way while Big Mac and Sosa single handedly brought it back, never mind how they did it, but then here comes Bonds about to pass Babe Ruth and thats when the $#@! hit the fan. I don't doubt you didn't hear any fuss back then since you already admitted you don't pay attention to baseball. I never said the NFL was racist. I don't know if your not paying attention or you just need to be right on this issue, I'm not sure."

Who Are you saying is racist? Baseball? I thought you were saying sports in general, which would include the NFL.

#46 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
When McGuire suddenly balked up nobody gave a $#@! its common knowledge that after the baseball strike the sport was in trouble so it looked the other way while Big Mac and Sosa single handedly brought it back, never mind how they did it, but then here comes Bonds about to pass Babe Ruth and thats when the $#@! hit the fan. I don't doubt you didn't hear any fuss back then since you already admitted you don't pay attention to baseball. I never said the NFL was racist. I don't know if your not paying attention or you just need to be right on this issue, I'm not sure."

Who Are you saying is racist? Baseball? I thought you were saying sports in general, which would include the NFL.

"

Baseball in the beginning, but also the media covering Bonds. Not all but at least 50% There's racism in all sports I mean theres no argument there.

#47 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
Who Are you saying is racist? Baseball? I thought you were saying sports in general, which would include the NFL. "
Baseball in the beginning, but also the media covering Bonds. Not all but at least 50% There's racism in all sports I mean theres no argument there."

C'mon the media. You know what Chris Rock says about the media.

#48 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
Who Are you saying is racist? Baseball? I thought you were saying sports in general, which would include the NFL. "
Baseball in the beginning, but also the media covering Bonds. Not all but at least 50% There's racism in all sports I mean theres no argument there."

C'mon the media. You know what Chris Rock says about the media."

Chris Rock? I doubt he became the spokesmen for black America.

#49 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
C'mon the media. You know what Chris Rock says about the media."
Chris Rock? I doubt he became the spokesmen for black America."

No, but you quoted bonds, and I don't think bonds is the spokesman either.

#50 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to appoint myself as the spokesman for all races!