Boba and Jango Fett are not Mandalorian.

• 53 results
Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

So I just found out today from a good S.W. page on Facebook that neither Boba or Jango Fett are Mandalorian. I'm alittle bummed out but atleast their both badass bounty hunters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Because Facebook is the paragon of accurate information.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@squares said:

This.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

This is a status from The Star Wars Guru FB page.

If you have Season 2 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars there is a featurette called "Creating Mandalore." In this featurette Dave Filoni discusses Jango Fett and whether or not he is Mandalorian. Here is what was said:

"Now, all the history of Mandalore that you knew prior to the Clone Wars - it does exist. It absolutely exists. Were they a mercenary people? Yes, they absolutely are. Did they fight against the Jedi? Yes, they absolutely did. Is there a big battle where there is a cataclysm between them and the Jedi? Yes. Have we pushed that idea - that the cataclysm was so great, that the surface of Mandalore was laid to waste? Absolutely, we did. Because, to George, the Mandalorians - above all, dating back to Empire Strikes Back - are super commandos. They're a race of people that were a military. They can't be so vagabond as they appeared in the EU. They can't be this group of people that are vastly different in paint job and paint scheme because - if you do that, they look too much, immediately, like a bunch of Boba Fetts. It robbed Boba Fett of his uniqueness. We needed a military. We needed an army. They have a very uniform look. They are trying to bring back the ancient Mandalorian ways of being the Super commando and regain dominion for their mythology, their stories - which is what you could call - is what the EU is. That they are a warrior race and eventually mercenaries." - Dave Filoni

"So, the idea that Jango Fett is not a Mandalorian - that's something that comes directly from George. I think that - when we fist saw Jango in Attack of the Clones - that a lot of us, myself included, we assumed, "Oh, he must be a Mandalorian. There he is in Mandalorian armor." So, there's kind of this early assumption that Jango must be a Mandalorian. That was interesting to see. But, that was never stated in the film. It's never stated that he's Mandalorian. He's always just referred to as a bounty hunter." - Dave Filoni

"Once you have that silver, blue, black and grey armor - of course, the first thing is: "Well, why is Boba's green? Where is that coming from?" And, from the point that we've established in the Clone Wars - to the point whenever Boba gets his armor - there's one thing that I think is important, is that; Mandalorian armor exists during the Clone Wars. Mandalorian armor that's very close to the design and use of Boba's armor. Boba has tricked his armor out. He's added a few things that our Death Watch guys don't have because he's a bounty hunter and much like a gunslinger in the old west, would shoot someone and take their hat or take their guns or, y'know, you win a victory over another warrior and you take something of theirs - Boba Fett's armor probably is made up of different pieces of found Mandalorian gear. It's a little hodge-podge of mix n' match which I think, kinda lends itself to the idea that he acquires different pieces of Mandalorian armor over time. Why does he do that? Because his dad wore it. That's the connection for him. So I imagine this Mandalorian armor really isn't being created again and again and again when you look at the time of the Empire. Boba just - whenever he finds some of it, he fixes it up, he uses it. He's probably got a bunch of it in Slave 1. Different rocket packs, we've seen that on Boba. Different wrist guards, we've seen that on Boba. So how do our Death Watch go from being these silver, pristine-looking uniform military guys - there must be something that happens in between here and where Boba's getting all this weird green and yellow and red armor. Um, and we'll just have to wait and see." - Dave Filoni

"They are an important part of the Clone Wars in a lot of ways. In that, they are as much a threat to what Dooku's doing as they are to the Republic. They can't be left unmentioned when you do the Clone Wars. So it was a real privilege, I think, for myself and my whole crew to be involved in the creation of one of these legendary planets for George and - he was very specific with me on so many things and I'm always glad when he is because at the end of the day, y'know, 10, 20 years from now - that's, that's Mandalore. And when he looks at it, I want him to say, "That's what I pictured." Y'know? And I'm glad that fans now have the opportunity to see what he was thinking. And I look forward to seeing how, what we've done for George with the Mandalorians, effects now the future of the history and those people and what other creative people bring to the table to add to the rich tapestry which now is this unique Star Wars culture." - Dave Filoni

So there you have it. Jango Fett is not a Mandalorian, just a bounty hunter who came across the armor. Just like it was stated in the Clone Wars tv series. It is unfortunate, but I have updated the photo albums and taken all Jango Fett photos and moved them from the Mandalorian photo album to the Bounty Hunter photo album.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JakeN7

@rebel_leader1: It's a well known controversy that Lucas decided "f*** it" they aren't Mandalorian, sh*tting on 30-40 years of EU backstory. This is the same guy that said "Darth Maul and Darth Talon knew eachother and are friends" even though Talon was born about 200 years after Maul. Nobody cares, they're still written as Mandalorian to this day, and even in Clone Wars it never stated they weren't. It's the race that is listed on official sources, and Filoni isn't making sense. He wanted the clones to be Mandalorians, but not Jango and Boba? What? The clones ARE Jango and Boba. Filoni and Lucas are the same guys that tried to put Darth Revan as a Sith Lord entity advising the Son, even though canonically Revan turned to the light side of the Force.

Don't change the photo albums. Lucas' word isn't law anymore. He sold that right.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

If anyone wants more clarification, insight or have questions you can ask the source on his Facebook page.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

@jaken7: Sorry for the late reply I agree with you. Hopefully the new Lucasfilm Story Group can make the final decision.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yes they are.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokerpoker: Apparently not according to Lucas and Filoni..

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebel_leader1: Yeah, those new Holorcron dudes who got hired literally just to keep track of the canon. I'm sure they'll make the right call.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It will be most interesting to see what EU stuff will be canon or not there will be pissed off fanboys for sure.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have a FB account check out the pages Mandalore and The Star Wars Guru

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Jokerpoker

@rebel_leader1: idk, it's just kinda stupid that suddenly after 40 year Lucas comes out and says "April Fools, Boba and Jango really aren't Mandalorian! Ha!".

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokerpoker: Lucas just loves to mess with S.W fans lol

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

I don't believe any of this.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By The_Deathstroker

Idk if it's just me or not, but I've heard this before, multiple times.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't believe any of this.

What black magic is this!!!

Yes they are.

Not according to Facebook!!!

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebel_leader1: Yeah well, no matter what they do, they aren't going to please everyone.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@jaken7: Oh *phew*

For some reason I started to doubt my knowledge that they weren't already confirmed to be Madalorians... This.... This was a scare.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I didn't either at first until I read the featurette

I still don't believe any of it just because someone is trying to retcon his origin. Has anyone read Open Seasons?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstrokergeist: Nah, it is known Khaleesi. (MAYBE IF YOU WATCHED GAME OF THRONES YOU'D UNDERSTAND THE REFERENCE AND LAUGH AT MY FUNNY JOKE!)

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@jaken7: Only 47 year olds with nothing better to do on a Saturday night watch GoT hehe

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rebel_Leader1

@dragonborn_ct: I guess George didn't want them as Mandos but the EU authors went ahead anyway or something like that I don't know what the big deal is with Lucas.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna:

1. GoT is most popular among the 18-24 demographic.

2. It airs on SUNDAY nights.

Try again honey bunny. :P

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It's for 20 somethings who think watching it makes them older and cooler hehe And it having lots of sex is only a selling point for people who don't have it or a stable interwebs connection hehehe

: P

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna: No, it's for people who like a good story, gory action, and dynamic characters. The titillating sex scenes are just icing on the cake.

Don't knock it 'til you tried it Luna! You don't know anything about it >:P

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

My reaction to Lucas not wanting the Fetts to be Mandalorians.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JakeN7

@darling_luna: No, a delicious one. Don't talk about it like you've seen it. :P

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I guess George didn't want them as Mandos but the EU authors went ahead anyway or something like that I don't know what the big deal is with Lucas.

I don't know what the f*ck is wrong with him. Dude doesn't know what the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" means.

Whatever I don't take GL's word on the Expanded Universe seriously.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I swear if he ever came out and said that the Thrawn Trilogy wasn't canon or something like that I would literally freak the hell out. Hire a hitman or something lol

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jango and Boba aren't Mandalorians? They are THE Mandalorians.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Well, that's just too bad. Both served as Mandalore; hence, they are Mandalorian. Couldn't give a crap what TCW said - that is where the contradiction lies, going against multiple other sources. It stands out as the inconsistent source.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JediXMan  Moderator

@dragonborn_ct: I swear if he ever came out and said that the Thrawn Trilogy wasn't canon or something like that I would literally freak the hell out. Hire a hitman or something lol

Well... from what we know, it might not be canon after VII.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@rebel_leader1 said:

Didn't they that SW VII would be set 20 or 30 years after Return? If that is true, then the Thrawn Trilogy is safe.

I hope so......................

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

@rebel_leader1 said:

Didn't they that SW VII would be set 20 or 30 years after Return? If that is true, then the Thrawn Trilogy is safe.

I hope so......................

Maybe, but the rumor is that they're wiping the slate of post-VI EU.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Honestly doesn't matter to me either way. It doesn't change who they are, what they've done, or their sense of warrior spirit. They could say they were damn Gungans (ok, maybe that would cross a line but you get what I'm saying) and it really wouldn't matter to me. Jango may not have been born Mandalorian but became indoctrinated into their culture, who knows. That's the problem with EUs sometimes.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: All Boba did was deliver Han to Jabba and fall in a hole. :/

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: hahahahah. I joke.

Please don't storm my place with torches and pitchforks.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: "Alright guys, let's go home..." *lowers torch and pitchfork*

"Ahhhhh"

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Whew. Close one. Almost ducked into my Batca....my basement.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@jaken7: @risingbean: Its funny but its true. I want never much a Fett fan till I read some of the EU stuff. Otherwise he just looks awesome haha.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Star Wars; your creators need to have more knowledge of your history.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They are Mandalorian....

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't them not being Mandos just make their feats all that more impressive? But anyway...don't really care either way for it. /Shrug.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: @risingbean: Its funny but its true. I want never much a Fett fan till I read some of the EU stuff. Otherwise he just looks awesome haha.

I had the action figure as a kid. That was when I first liked him. He used to take on Secret Wars Spider-Man and Wolverine and Super Powers Batman and Superman. Ah the joys of youth.