Bluray Player problems, please, help me!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

Okay, I was very hesitant about buying a Blu ray player, because I had a perfectly good DVD player and I didn't really want to spend extra money for something that has slightly better picture quality. However, my DVD player broke so I said "whatever" and got a Blu ray since they seem to be taking over. It's a Samsung player, and I have had it for about two months now. However, I've noticed that when I play some DVDs on it (not bluray discs) that they skip and flicker a lot. I've then put the DVD in my computer to see if that was the problem and it played fine, there's no scratches or fingerprints on the discs either, which leads me to believe, that it's either the player or the HDMI cable (which is pretty cheap admittedly)

Then again, I don't know much about technology, so I come here, do you guys have any suggestions to what's wrong with my player? I need help, Man of Steel is coming out and I wanna watch it without worrying about my player getting crazy!!

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I dont know anything about blu-ray players but I had a similar problem with my computer a while back, the monitor flimmered alot and extra much when I started a game (increased FPS), I switched out my cable to a proper HDMI cable and it fixed my issue, my old converter was crap. I know its not the exact same thing but sounds similar, blu-ray DVD's got alot going on at once, so if you can afford it switching cables might help, maybe you can borrow one from someone you know for an hour just to see if it fixes anything? Otherwise id guess your player has issues, luckily its only been 2 months so warranty should still be good.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16