Bleach Online Game , Bleach Online MMORPG

jamieyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jamieyuan

Of course, this first disc only comes with five episodes, so we're not actually privy to any additional girls that may come into the mix, but the series is off to a good start. Understandably, there are some viewers who might be pretty sick of some of the more recycled jokes in the series—the "guy gets punched for a misunderstanding" is really old at this point, but the series does get a lot of mileage out of the children-of-the-yakuza/gangster premise. The episodes are also separated by cute vignettes of how different characters respond to different events, like giving/receiving Valentine's Day candy, and interacting with animals. Again, it's a fun play on pre-existing stereotypes that works surprisingly well.

The series also wins in terms of visuals, provided by the talented hands at SHAFT, and overseen by the experienced Akiyuki Simbo. It's beautifully drawn (although some of the fanservice shots linger juuuuuuust a little too long), and it's clear the team had a lot of fun making the show. Shots like Raku's straw poking into his green tea carton are cool, if not a little senseless, and the series effortlessly transitions between more cartoony shots with over-exaggerated faces, manga-inspired speed lines, and speech bubbles; to more realistic shots, with carefully-drawn parquet floors and other painstaking details.

Admittedly, Nisekoi may not be for everyone. While I find Chitoge's gruff exterior and gangster upbringing to be delightful, others may find her character off-putting and a little too commonplace. I think the deft juggling of archetypes and the inclusion of the yakuza/gangster angle is what gives the series its cheeky edge, but others may not feel the same way. For those who want to try before they buy, though, the series is still streaming on Crunchyroll, which removes some of the risk in committing to a $10/episode purchase.

More information about manga or anime games, please click http://www.gogames.me/

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hayden86

Looks like filler.

Jk