Black people thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@FiMFTW said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

People are black people are white big deal.

The sooner we stop judging people by their skin colour the better.

Who are you, Captain Politically Correct?

lol No.I am just making an important point as all

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By Nelomaxwell

UGH here we go again.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By 18hunt

Hi I'm black!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#304  Edited By Blood1991

@18hunt said:

Hi I'm black!

Nice to meet you. I am white.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell said:

UGH here we go again.

No not unless I can help it.I keep getting called back to this thread.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By Blood1991

@FiMFTW said:

I don't understand..... When you meet someone do you see them as a grey blob? Not judging I agree with, but there is alot on inequality you just sweep under the rug when you say race doesn't matter, because to someone who has to live in a world where beauty is seen as a white woman, where the average guy is a white guy, where the hero is a white guy, the female lead is a white woman, and anyone of another race is a token, it does matter.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@FiMFTW said:

I don't understand..... When you meet someone do you see them as a grey blob? Not judging I agree with, but there is alot on inequality you just sweep under the rug when you say race doesn't matter, because to someone who has to live in a world where beauty is seen as a white woman, where the average guy is a white guy, where the hero is a white guy, the female lead is a white woman, and anyone of another race is a token, it does matter.

I am not saying inequality doesn't matter but people aren't just discriminated against due to skin colour either.

Racial equality has improved much I am not saying that racism does not exist off course it does but inequality exists in many forms.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Blood1991

@Blood1991 said:

@FiMFTW said:

I am not saying inequality doesn't matter but people aren't just discriminated against due to skin colour either.

Racial equality has improved much I am not saying that racism does not exist off course it does but inequality exists in many forms.

Of course and it is important to recognize them the best we can. I see the problem and I try to address it, because so many people DON'T see it. That is why I think talking about Race, gender, and any other form of generalized hate is important. I think the more we understand and get to know people who are different from us the better we can appreciate our differences. When people close themselves off from that we get bigotry.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@FiMFTW said:

Of course and it is important to recognize them the best we can. I see the problem and I try to address it, because so many people DON'T see it. That is why I think talking about Race, gender, and any other form of generalized hate is important. I think the more we understand and get to no people who are different from us the better we can appreciate our differences. When people close themselves off from that we get bigotry.

I totally agree with that.

But the way I saw this thread it didn't seem like it was for that partly due to the title and the OP since its not just black people who are victims of racism but everyone regardless of their ethnicity can be.That's the ironic thing about racism its colour blind

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Blood1991

@Blood1991 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@FiMFTW said:

Of course and it is important to recognize them the best we can. I see the problem and I try to address it, because so many people DON'T see it. That is why I think talking about Race, gender, and any other form of generalized hate is important. I think the more we understand and get to no people who are different from us the better we can appreciate our differences. When people close themselves off from that we get bigotry.

I totally agree with that.

But the way I saw this thread it didn't seem like it was for that partly due to the title and the OP since its not just black people who are victims of racism but everyone regardless of their ethnicity can be.That's the ironic thing about racism its colour blind

This is true, and perhaps it would have been a better idea to make a generalized discussion on race and gender, but I take it with a grain of salt. Alot of people are afraid to talk about it and I refuse to be that way.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@Blood1991 said:

@FiMFTW said:

See now I have to jump in because by saying racism exist but the world has all other forms of inequality you do 2 things. You one trivialize racism by saying "oh but there are so many more things in the world to worry about" 2 you become the stereotypical person who has not experienced such and thing and basically says it's not important to you. Which is negation again, which you seem to do on a consistent basis in threads related to diversity. This makes you seem like the stereotypical white American male which I'm hoping you're not because, I won't be able to take all this negation serious.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell:I never did any of that in my post.I never trivialized racism I take it very seriously just like any other form of discrimination and hatred.When I hear about such cases it hurts.I feel for other people in those situations because they are fellow human beings living and breathing thinking and feeling creatures.

I have not experienced racism but I have experienced discrimination and bullying for alot of my life. I am not negating anything stop making a mountain out of a mole hill seriously now.

@Blood1991: Not me its a shame people cant be more open about things like that.Maybe more could be done if people were I don't know

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@mrdecepticonleader: I'm not making anything into anything and I'm not the only one who has seen you try to sweep things under the rug and called you on it. In this thread alone it's been about 7 times. You keep saying discrimination happens all over. I'll agree but that has nothing to do with this thread. So to point I question why are you even here? You say you've been discriminated against cool and bullied so have I only difference is there are places you can go and people won't make an assumption about you based on what you were born looking like. Or stop you and your friends for stealing something because you 'fit a description'  or trying to walk home from work in your own neighborhood for that matter. You keep saying people go through stuff is true but the fact that you use it in response to the thread is and questions other people ask on it is irrelevant.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@Nelomaxwell:

Lol...Rosa Acosta.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@laflux said:

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

@TotalBalance said:

@TotalBalance said:

@TotalBalance said:

Still does anyone want to debate me on the concept of race? For starters there really is no such thing as a black person or white person. Just made up.

There are physiological differences though between the "races" though that makes it possible to differentiate between these alleged "races". If we wanted to I am sure we could also divide humanity into the tall and short race based on that particular physiological characteristic. Humans are always looking for ways to differentiate between each other hence we segregate each other into groups, smart/dumb, black/white, omnivore/vegetarian, religious/non-religious, etcetera.....

What do you mean physiological differences? Please elaborate more. Differences in a group of people is mostly likely due to different environments. We humans have already divided ourselves but yet we are still related to one another because all groups of [people can trace their genetics back to Africa.

For example the skin color of the various races is a physiological difference. So is, for example the cranial capacity (size of the brain) different between the races. In the end we all evolved from monkeys which evolved from early mammals but I don't think you would argue we are the same as Horses, or would you?

That's all due to different envoroments...West Africans are shorter and more muscular compared to East Africans They also have different head shapes, while East Africans are taller and more slimmer than West Africans.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0012261;jsessionid=BED9ADCD25F6D0037D5E772D024DB951.ambra01

And I know we evolved from primates. That basically in a way helps my argument. Again all humans can trace their genetics back to Africa. Phenotypes do not correlate with genotypes

Except we have a lot of hereditary factors that do affect physiological outcomes regardless of environment. Even if a black man lived in northern Europe all his life he would not become white. I am not a biologist but it seems silly to argue that the current racial physiology we observe today is entirely environmental.

They are not a different species but there are differences between the various "races".

Incorrect, how would he become white when white does not exist and its just a skin tone...And it doesn't work like that..For environments to play effect it usually takes a really long time. Also certain diets play a huge a effect too. You should also note that Africans of west African descent who live in Western countries are usually taller than the ones in West Africa. Why is that? They are not mixed. The something is said for African Americans too. And I also told you about West Africans being shorter, muscular and different skulls compared to East Africans, while East Africans have different skull types, are more taller and are more slim. But group of people live on the continent of Africa and are genetically African and related.

Here are some examples...

Maasi people of Kenya(East African stock)

Yoruba people of Nigeria(West African stock)

See the difference in height,skull shape and body structure all together? Yet both groups are still looked at as 'Black African' and bother groups are African and are related. So yes environments and diets does play a effect.

Fair point, but half of my ethnicity is Yoruba and I am relatively tall.

True I met some tall Yoruba. But my main point was that WA are much more muscular and shorter compared to EA. But what I notice is that when Yoruba people or people of West African descent live in Western Countries they are usually taller. It could be due to different diet...

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell said:

@mrdecepticonleader: I'm not making anything into anything and I'm not the only one who has seen you try to sweep things under the rug and called you on it. In this thread alone it's been about 7 times. You keep saying discrimination happens all over. I'll agree but that has nothing to do with this thread. So to point I question why are you even here? You say you've been discriminated against cool and bullied so have I only difference is there are places you can go and people won't make an assumption about you based on what you were born looking like. Or stop you and your friends for stealing something because you 'fit a description' or trying to walk home from work in your own neighborhood for that matter. You keep saying people go through stuff is true but the fact that you use it in response to the thread is and questions other people ask on it is irrelevant.

Well you are since you made stuff up which wasn't even in my post. I have not swept anything under any rugs either.

So what is this thread for? Talking about only part of the problem regarding discrimination or what? I am here because people keep calling me out on the posts I have made I was done with this thread I am not here on my own accord.

I think this entire thread is irrelevant when talking about issues like this.

People have made assumptions about me because of the way I am.People wanted to start fights with me and wind me up due to me large build and 6ft 5 height.Its a cruel world out there and nearly everyone is picked on in someway based on many factors.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@mrdecepticonleader:Whatever man I've got a good response for this I'll tell everyone who enters this thread not to call you out. How's that sound? Good ? Great.
Bye.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell said:

@mrdecepticonleader:Whatever man I've got a good response for this I'll tell everyone who enters this thread not to call you out. How's that sound? Good ? Great. Bye.

Whatever if people want to call me out on things I have said then fine.I might not just answer them in future or something along those lines.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@mrdecepticonleader: Check the OP Bruh, just for you make sure I spelled your handle right. Cause I am dead ass about my statement.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Check the OP Bruh, just for you make sure I spelled your handle right. Cause I am dead ass about my statement.

There was no need for that. "Bruh"

Dead ass about your statement? I don't understand.Do you mean dead serious?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@mrdecepticonleader: It's already done. You don't have to worry about it anymore.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell said:

@mrdecepticonleader: It's already done. You don't have to worry about it anymore.

There was no need don't like being the main attention of the OP and singled out.Id like you to remove it actually.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@mrdecepticonleader: As long as your okay with people call you out and having to explain yourself then no prob.
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell: fine

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

@joshmightbe: I'm still wondering why any group of people have their own month.

1. Until we get equal representation, particularly in history, this is what we get

2. We celebrate our culture and accomplishments as a people during this month.

Considering the fact that most history books are dominated by white achievements its only fair we get our own month.

@King Saturn said:

African Americans are Stepping There Game Up... it's just there are still too many of us who have the "N!gga Mentality" and that is what is holding up sh!t for us.

Wait you're black?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Jnr6Lil said:

@White Mage said:

@Xanni15 said:

@joshmightbe: I'm still wondering why any group of people have their own month.

1. Until we get equal representation, particularly in history, this is what we get

2. We celebrate our culture and accomplishments as a people during this month.

Considering the fact that most history books are dominated by white achievements its only fair we get our own month.

@King Saturn said:

African Americans are Stepping There Game Up... it's just there are still too many of us who have the "N!gga Mentality" and that is what is holding up sh!t for us.

Wait you're black?

Saturn's the Blackest guy on here with the exception of DATNIGGA.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nelomaxwell: Ah, I try not to act black on this forum. I generally assume that a comic book thread would be made up of white guys.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Jnr6Lil: I've seen you in the hip-hop thread you don't try hard enough lol jk.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nelomaxwell: I mean, you don't want to come off as a stereotype.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell: I mean, you don't want to come off as a stereotype.

True but sometimes it feels good to represent.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nelomaxwell: Yeah but on this forum, it would look stupid.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell: Yeah but on this forum, it would look stupid.

Why's that?
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nelomaxwell: Because I'm assuming its a mostly white forum.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Jnr6Lil said:

I'm not sure how that plays into how you act? Are you afraid of being judged for being black?
TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By TotalBalance

@Jnr6Lil said:

If I am honest I have always felt the exact opposite. I have always thought that the majority of Viners were black.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@TotalBalance said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

If I am honest I have always felt the exact opposite. I have always thought that the majority of Viners were black.

I'd say the majority of the more well known viner's are black. Some of us tend to be showy.
TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By TotalBalance

@Nelomaxwell said:

@TotalBalance said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I'd say the majority of the more well known viner's are black. Some of us tend to be showy.

That is likely where I got the impression from then.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I'm not sure how that plays into how you act? Are you afraid of being judged for being black?

No no, Its just whites sometimes dont understand blacks act, or even the use of slang, so its best to act like them when around them.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@TotalBalance said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@TotalBalance said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

That is likely where I got the impression from then.

Debating is also a past time to most of us.
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

No no, Its just whites sometimes dont understand blacks act, or even the use of slang, so its best to act like them when around them.

If you feel that way bro. I don't think you should act anyway for anyone. Only time I act like anyone is when I'm being satirical, glib or mocking them. 
Just saying act how you want to. If they don't get you don't worry, we don't get how they act either.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

lol

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@_slim_ said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

lol

Come on brotha Slim you can't just come in here and not drop some jewels on the matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell: Sorry to disappoint, but I've got nothing to say on it.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@_slim_ said:

Aight then. Do you think there are more black people in here (CV) than white people?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nelomaxwell said:

@_slim_ said:

Aight then. Do you think there are more black people in here (CV) than white people?

Nah, I think the pink toes outnumber us. But there is a lot of black people on here... more than I thought actually.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Blood1991

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I'm sorry you feel you have to act a certain way, because you feel pressure from the majority or feel it simpler to blend in with the majority. I doubt it means much, but I understand. For whatever reason white people can be very sheltered to racial problems. At least in the U.S.

I know this is the Black thread, but I found this to ooze truth.

and I don't think anyone means any harm in it "well most of them". They just don't know.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Blood1991: Yeah please don't think it's because I'm being pressured. It's just if you act black around whites, I guarantee they'll look confused, or just automatically label you as ghetto.

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

If you feel that way bro. I don't think you should act anyway for anyone. Only time I act like anyone is when I'm being satirical, glib or mocking them. Just saying act how you want to. If they don't get you don't worry, we don't get how they act either.

No its not that. Its just that theres a certain place for acting certain ways.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

If you feel that way bro. I don't think you should act anyway for anyone. Only time I act like anyone is when I'm being satirical, glib or mocking them. Just saying act how you want to. If they don't get you don't worry, we don't get how they act either.

No its not that. Its just that theres a certain place for acting certain ways.

Again I ask, why? Are you offending anyone? And if so why are they offended?
Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Blood1991

@Jnr6Lil: Which is sad in it's own right, but you have the choice to act however you want to dude.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Nelomaxwell: No offense, You just don't want to be awkward.

@Blood1991: I don't see how its sad. Many blacks do it, You simply can't act the way you do around black people, with white people. Jokes you make around blacks, whites won't understand or see as funny. Different races, mean you sometimes got to act different ways.