@Nelomaxwell: hell yeah

#202 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4278 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not black I'm brown dammit

#203 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

I'm not black I'm brown dammit

Even better.

#204 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone think the president will do anything to stop crime in his home state?

#205 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4278 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: lol yup

#206 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udS-OcNtSWo

I think we need to do better than this.

#207 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udS-OcNtSWo

I think we need to do better than this.

Sweet Brown took a single moment and starred in her own commercial and on Tosh.O so I say she is doing just fine. Waaaaay better than the backing up lady.

Skip to 00.43

#208 Posted by King Saturn (224455 posts) - - Show Bio
Ghetto Classic 

#209 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: Word.

#210 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@tg1982 said:

@pooty said:

@tg1982 said:

@pooty said:

After all the $hit we have put blacks and indians through they deserve much more then we have given them

What do you mean by "WE"?

Myself and other americans who have taken advantage of or benefited from the way blacks and Indians were mistreated.

Oh. What did you do to benefit?

Not too long ago i was very different then how i am now. but i have lied on minorities, stolen from them, donated to "anti-gay" groups, ended a long time friendship with someone when they dated someone of a different race. Said every negative racist words to their faces. I once went verbally ballistic on a black cop. He had every right to shoot me dead. I have heard bosses demean minorities and stood by and did nothing. Wow. i don't even like remembering those things.

I see. Well, atleast you recognized it, and took/are taking steps to correct and improve yourself. So I respect you for that.

#211 Posted by jhazzroucher (16164 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: how are you tg1982? : )

#212 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: I'm doing good. Thank you for asking. How are you? :-)

#213 Posted by jhazzroucher (16164 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@jhazzroucher: I'm doing good. Thank you for asking. How are you? :-)

i'm fine. : )

#214 Posted by jhazzroucher (16164 posts) - - Show Bio

where is everybody?

#215 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

where is everybody?

Right here. 

So I've been thinking why don't Storm have a book?
#216 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Question.

Why was the "brown people" thread locked but this one left alive?

#217 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@FalconPuuunch said:

Question.

@Vance Astro

Does it matter?
#218 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@FalconPuuunch said:

Question.

@Vance Astro

Are you brown? Cause all shades of Dark are welcomed here.
#219 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Oh and thanks for blessing the thread Vance. Wonderin' if you have some jewels for the brothas and sistas today?
#220 Edited by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Question.

@Vance Astro

No... am I still welcomed here? :P

#221 Posted by King Saturn (224455 posts) - - Show Bio
Thinking about that dude Theo and his Back to Africa stuff... 
#222 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Question.

@Vance Astro

No... am I still welcomed here? :P

Everyone is welcome here due to the fact that genetically black folks spawned everyone else. Thank you EVE gene. So welcome.
#223 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:
@Vance Astro: Oh and thanks for blessing the thread Vance. Wonderin' if you have some jewels for the brothas and sistas today?
I don't have any jewels but I do want to ask a question. Is anyone else tired of EVERYONE making a big deal out of Chris Brown and Rihanna?
#224 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
What happened to Theo?
#225 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Black people aren't black. They're brown.

#226 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

This is what I get for clicking this thread.

#227 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@ColonelRunAway said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

LOL.

There needs to be more diversity in film, television, and comics.

Look at Marvel: NOW, not a single title has a non white protagonist.

#228 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

And yes, I'm black.

Although I believe the only true race is the human race.

@King Saturn said:

African Americans are Stepping There Game Up... it's just there are still too many of us who have the "N!gga Mentality" and that is what is holding up sh!t for us.

I don't use the word, and I feel if blacks want to be treated like human beings, we shouldn't hold up a double standard.

#229 Posted by King Saturn (224455 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:
@King Saturn said:
What happened to Theo?
I think the police got him...
#230 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: I thought they got back together and that was the end of it.@ColonelRunAway said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Welcome. 

@xxxddd
I'll counter with this I've heard that the word N!gga is actually a bastardization of the Word Negus an ethopian term for king.
#231 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:
@Vance Astro: I thought they got back together and that was the end of it   

They did, but what I'm saying is people are making a big deal about that.

#232 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Question.

@Vance Astro

LOL.

#233 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

Hickman's at least trying. Most of New Avengers so far is from Black Panther's point of view, and the main Avengers are way more diverse than your average team book.

Where I draw the line is them giving motherf***ing MORBIUS an ongoing but still being afraid to give Blade the same chance the movies did.

#234 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what Suck about being black? If You're too dark you are shunned and insulted by other black people no matter what you do.

#235 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Question.

@Vance Astro

Does it matter?

Not really, I was just curious.

#236 Edited by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Vance Astro: I thought they got back together and that was the end of it.@ColonelRunAway said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Welcome.

@xxxddd: I'll counter with this I've heard that the word N!gga is actually a bastardization of the Word Negus an ethopian term for king.

N****r is simply a slightly different spelling of the Latin word for black which is niger.

#237 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is getting a little ridiculous.

#238 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones said:

You know what Suck about being black? If You're too dark you are shunned and insulted by other black people no matter what you do.

Maybe if you're in elementary school. I don't know any grown people who do this. I know there is a thing with preference but I don't know about the shunning and insulting. 

@ColonelRunAway said:

@xxxddd said:

Hickman's at least trying. Most of New Avengers so far is from Black Panther's point of view, and the main Avengers are way more diverse than your average team book.

Where I draw the line is them giving motherf***ing MORBIUS an ongoing but still being afraid to give Blade the same chance the movies did.

They gave blade SEVERAL chances. It didn't work. 
#239 Posted by Isis_Liafador (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@ColonelRunAway said:

@xxxddd said:

This may be of interest.

#240 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Welcome.

@xxxddd: I'll counter with this I've heard that the word N!gga is actually a bastardization of the Word Negus an ethopian term for king.

Nigger is simply a slightly different spelling of the Latin word for black which is niger.

True, however it is still extremely offensive since it was used as a derogatory term by many people for a very long time. Same with the swastika. Initially it means "of a higher being" but people took that and created something ugly out of it.

#241 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@TotalBalance said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Welcome.

Nigger is simply a slightly different spelling of the Latin word for black which is niger.

True, however it is still extremely offensive since it was used as a derogatory term by many people for a very long time. Same with the swastika. Initially it means "of a higher being" but people took that and created something ugly out of it.

It only truly became a pejorative during the 20th century, before then it was simply another word for black. I do find it a bit ridiculous how angry some folk get over a white man saying the "N-word" though.

#242 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@TotalBalance said:

It only truly became a pejorative during the 20th century, before then it was simply another word for black. I do find it a bit ridiculous how angry some folk get over a white man saying the "N-word" though.

-_-
#243 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@TotalBalance said:

-_-

Could you elaborate on that? I don't quite get the point you are trying to get across with "-_-".

#244 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@TotalBalance said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Welcome.

I don't think anyone should be saying that word. Its a word that oppressed a large group of people for a very long time. I will agree however that it is ridiculous that some people think it's ok for only certain people to say that word. It's not a word to be proud of, at least not anymore. It belongs to no one and if you don't want it being said by a white man you shouldn't say it yourself. That's how I feel about it at least.

#245 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@TotalBalance said:

Could you elaborate on that? I don't quite get the point you are trying to get across with "-_-".

Are you black?
#246 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

@TotalBalance said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

@TotalBalance said:

@Nelomaxwell said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Welcome.

I don't think anyone should be saying that word. Its a word that oppressed a large group of people for a very long time. I will agree however that it is ridiculous that some people think it's ok for only certain people to say that word. It's not a word to be proud of, at least not anymore. It belongs to no one and if you don't want it being said by a white man you shouldn't say it yourself. That's how I feel about it at least.

It was not a word but people who caused oppression. Can you imagine a history class where you are not allowed to say the word "Nazi" because it oppressed and killed a lot of people. It is intellectually dishonest to pretend these words don't exist, I agree we should not be using them to insult people but there is no reason for them not to be used as necessary in a scholarly setting.

#247 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@TotalBalance said:

Are you black?

The answer to that would be no.

#248 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@TotalBalance said:

That explains why you don't get the anger that people have towards the word.
#249 Posted by TotalBalance (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@TotalBalance said:

That explains why you don't get the anger that people have towards the word.

Or perhaps that is what lets me see how unjustified their anger towards a word is since I am from a (fairly) unbiased position. I can see how people would be insulted being called the "N-word" but I have gotten angry responses just because I said the word while quoting historical texts or news reports in class. It is as if they think that I should blot out the word just because they don't like it. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn has the "N-word" written in it over 200 times, Am I just supposed to pretend it is not upon the page when we are doing class readings?

#250 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3264 posts) - - Show Bio

A little positive video for this thread. :)

Black/African civilizations.