Black film stars arrested by racist cops and accused of being pimps and/or prostitutes

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

Full disclosure: I have been a long time fan of my namesake Denzel Washington, my namesake thought not my kinsman, dating back to the time he appeared in the 80s hospital drama "St Elsewhere")

It never rains but it pours, last week in the London Metro I read a short article in whcih Denzel Washington, whilst in the course of promoting his new film "The Equalizer"( based on the 1980s TV series with Edward Woodward) which was shot in the Boston area, noting incidents when he and his wife Pauletta were accused of being a pimp and prostitute respectively( naturally any well dressed black couple HAD to be pimps, prostitutes or drug dealers -at least in the eyes of racist Boston cops!).

And now I have just read of an incident in which "Django Unchained" actress Daniele Watts(who is of course African American whilst her paramour is white) was arrested by LAPD detectives on suspicion of being a "hooker"(she and her boyfriend/husband were reporting making out in a parked car; some witnesses say it was full blown sex).

Question: would (white)cops have arrested a white star(James Franco, Tobey Maguire) for making out with a white female in a parked car- maybe, but I'm not holding my breath!

Anybody else think as I do?

Terry

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ball of confusion.

Beata

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Full blown sex in a parked car sitting in public? Yeah, I can totally see why the cops mistook her for a hooker.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By legacy6364

Sex in a parked car in public, and still the word racism comes into play.

People need to get their heads out their a#*.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Your threads are god awful and you should feel bad.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

They were f**king in a car, that tends to be a whore's occupational workplace.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How the hell is this racist? Jeez, guy, you're pretty biased when it comes to "F tha police" aren't ya?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like they were having sex in a parked car. Sounds like the police's assumptions were not baseless.

But yeah f**k the police cause I'm sure we'd be so much better off without people who arrest criminals in our society...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

:)

Loading Video...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Denzel in Training Day > any Cop.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI to my critics if and when police(either here in the UK or the US) perform their duties in a demonstratably non racist fashion I have no complaints- but when they DON'T- I feel I have good reason to draw attention to this. I have also criticisms of sections of the US media or pundits who criticize blacks(esp those in the public eye) for conduct that attracts little comment and less criticism when engaged in by whites

( be it Obama's golfing vacations- several of his Presidential predecessors from Dwight "Ike" Eisenhower to Ronald Reagan Bill Clinton and George W.Bush have been something less than workaholics again without any visible denunciation by the "whited sepulchres" of the Republican conservative right or rapper/actor Ice-T being attacked by Dinesh d'Souza for associating with ex-cons and gang bangers- ignoring the well known case of singer Frank Sinatra who despite being the honoured houseguest of two ostensibly "law and order" Republican Presidents( Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan) was known to have repeatedly schmoozed with Mafia bosses- incomparably more dangerous than ex-cons or gang members!) Talk about seeing the mote in your opponent's eye whilst ignoring the beam in your own!

Terry

PS Ms Watts may very well have been released without charge but what of the incident I referred to my OP about Denzel and wife Pauletta being mistaken for a pimp and prostitute?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsterStomp

In the case of Watts, she was in the wrong. TMZ even has a recording of the situation. The cop got a call of public disturbances and he went to investigate. She almost brought of up race-card immediately, she then started acting up and took off down the street.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Cream_God

Everything is racist nowadays

No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Is P.I.M.P.-ing a federal crime in America?....

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#15 frozen  Moderator
Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't think it was racist. The cops were notified by the people in the office building that there were people having sex in the car outside their building. The cop approached and asked for identification which the man presented, but she refused. Had she provided her identification, the incident would have been over in 5 minutes. It is within a cop's right to ask for identification when there is probable cause, so he did no wrong. It is all on her for making the scene, not the cop.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blade_R

How were they racist though? From my understanding somebody called the police and told them about people having sex in car, the police came and those two people fit the description of the people in question, so they were stopped.

I saw the video last night and it was not black film stars it was a (as in one) black film star and some random white dude. I don't think racism played a part in it.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are so fast to call racism now. The cop was just doing his job and she knew she was in the wrong. She thought pulling the race card would scare him off.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTFO with this constant everything is racist bull$hit. I'm so sick of people bringing up the race card in every situation. Not every incident involves racism. Deal with it or GTFO.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm so happy the race card exists, as a black man, I can do anything i want now.

"Oh, just because I kill him, you arrest me? Bet if I was white you'd look the other way! Pfft...racist".

"What do you mean I can't swim naked in someone else's pool?? It's cause their white and I'm black, isn't it?? You bigot!"

"I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't smuggle that much cocaine into the country...let me go though, or else you're a racist."

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@paracelsus: Yeah, police generally think women having sex in cars might be prostitutes, or at least something illegal. They're pretty vigilant about checking that kind of thing. Not that I know any of this from experience, mind you.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By legacy6364

GTFO with this constant everything is racist bull$hit. I'm so sick of people bringing up the race card in every situation. Not every incident involves racism. Deal with it or GTFO.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having sex in a car tends to warrant attention. I guess this "racist cop" just created a new stereotype about blacks having sex in cars.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cream_God
No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26 Lunacyde  Moderator

Move along....nothing to see here.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JulieDC

Having read several other articles on this subject, I am of the mindset that she probably wasn't having full blown sex in the car but that some witnesses perceived it that way. I am more concerned about what those witnesses think they saw rather than the cops in this case. As for Watt's response, I would have just shown my ID to get it over with rather than make a scene. I'd pick my battles because life is too short to try and fight them all. It was probably all a misunderstanding and her refusal to show her ID made it worse in the end.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By dernman

I really have to start looking at the creator of the thread before I enter. Each one is getting worse than the last. At this point I can't even pretend there is any credibility.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not racist...