• 57 results
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92680 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH. Saw this earlier.

#3 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks for him.

#4 Edited by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

350$ for a belt! N!gga must be selling dope.

#5 Edited by TotalBalance (741 posts) - - Show Bio

And some people say racism is dead.

On another note, who the hell wastes 350$ on a belt.

#6 Posted by CuddleBear (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

fashion police!!!

#7 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

$350 for a belt smh that should be a crime

#8 Posted by Samimista (20668 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

SMH. Saw this earlier.

This. Quite ridiculous. 0.0

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

Who spends that much on a belt?

#10 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Racist NYC cops? Noooooo. A minority falsely being accused of shop lifting? Noooooo. This isn't news, its a sad everyday reality. He's lucky they didnt shoot him dead and then claim they only meant to tazz him.

#11 Edited by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

Racist NYC cops? Noooooo. A minority falsely being accused of shop lifting? Noooooo. This isn't news, its a sad everyday reality. He's lucky they didnt shoot him dead and then claim they only meant to tazz him.

^ this

#12 Edited by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10048 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of the little black girl that got kicked out of school for rockin' dreads.

#13 Posted by russellmania77 (14956 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel safer now

#14 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

No, surprise, Forest Whitaker was acused of stealing in a coffee shop, Oprah Winfrey was acused in Europe of trying to steal a purse ,umm so the beat of the drum keeps going! The black college football player was killed by cops. Really it never ends, and it won't.

#15 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Only ni**as buy gucci belts when they get a little bit of money. But this racism has got to end

#16 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

"Fed up with the bull***"

#17 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to laugh right now. And point my finger at all the idiots who believe the phrase post racial actually describes our society. On another note, We as black folks need to learn how to spend money better.

#18 Posted by Juiceboks (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to laugh right now. And point my finger at all the idiots who believe the phrase post racial actually describes our society. On another note, We as black folks need to learn how to spend money better.

That's the real lesson here.

#19 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

Not really, the lesson is to remind Negros who still thinks that this can't happen to them to open their eyes. The spending is secondary, just because a black man or woman has something expensive wouldn't change the fact that this happens.

#20 Posted by Juiceboks (8460 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@nelomaxwell said:

Not really, the lesson is to remind Negros who still thinks that this can't happen to them to open their eyes. The spending is secondary, just because a black man or woman has something expensive wouldn't change the fact that this happens.

Ehh, I think the black community is fairly aware that sh!t like this still happens. What many don't realize is that sporting expensive gear and outlandish cars only helps fit the profile many cops go by. Not saying enjoying life's commodities is a bad thing, but just be aware of how others will actually see you "fitted up."

#21 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@juiceboks said:

@nelomaxwell said:

Ehh, I think the black community is fairly aware that sh!t like this still happens. What many don't realize is that sporting expensive gear and outlandish cars only helps fit the profile many cops go by. Not saying enjoying life's commodities is a bad thing, but just be aware of how others will actually see you "fitted up."

Which leads to my point. The "profile" No one else get's harassed for dressing a certain way, at least not by cops. Also there are some whitewashed negros who believe his doesn't happen.

#22 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope his suit goes through as the whole thing is ridiculous. A lot of things need to change in law enforcement.

#23 Posted by Knightfall225 (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism is so...ughhh! How could you hate somone because of the color of their skin it just doesnt make sense at all........ God is probably facepalming

#25 Edited by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way there is a cop stupid enough to use those exact words. Like as PC as it is you know your gonna get in trouble.

#26 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10114 posts) - - Show Bio

Im so jealous, the dude just walked into a pile of money. Walked in with money that took him a while to save, walks out with a bag of money.

#27 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

And some people say racism is dead.

On another note, who the hell wastes 350$ on a belt.

I dont think anyone has really claimed that. It's a ubiquitous ism, shared amongst all races. Still, this is a shame. And, lol, your right, $350...he could have saved for another month and afforded a PS4 or XBox One.

#28 Posted by superstay (9695 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

Black people save money to buy worthless items. Well worthless depending on who you ask but they do save money to do so.

#30 Posted by mikethekiller (8389 posts) - - Show Bio

While buying a 350 dollar belt seems silly to me I've probably spent my money buying things that other people would consider silly, so who am I to judge?

#31 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

While buying a 350 dollar belt seems silly to me I've probably spent my money buying things that other people would consider silly, so who am I to judge?

If you think about it Spending that much on anything that isn't essential is stupid. I mean what do you need video games for?

#32 Posted by mikethekiller (8389 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

If you think about it Spending that much on anything that isn't essential is stupid. I mean what do you need video games for?

You don't need video games as well as many other things.

#33 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@mikethekiller said:

My point. Most people on here will probably try to argue the validity of video games as opposed to a belt because they're not fashion conscious.

#34 Posted by mikethekiller (8389 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@mikethekiller said: for differ

My point. Most people on here will probably try to argue the validity of video games as opposed to a belt because they're not fashion conscious.

It's different strokes for different folks.

#35 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

@mikethekiller said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@mikethekiller said: for differ

It's different strokes for different folks.

Also to rule the world.

#36 Posted by MaccyD (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

No, surprise, Forest Whitaker was acused of stealing in a coffee shop, Oprah Winfrey was acused in Europe of trying to steal a purse ,umm so the beat of the drum keeps going! The black college football player was killed by cops. Really it never ends, and it won't.

It was actually suggested that Oprah may have been oversensitive in that situation due to the "US perception of African Americans."

#37 Posted by HeckTate (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

They should arrest the makers of that belt, because at $350 it better include all the utilities Batman's belt comes with. Seriously though, what kind of insane markup is that? There's no way you can tell me the materials and craftsmanship of any belt is worth that much. Check out the Salvatore Ferragamo website if you want to see why rich a-holes with a crazy amount of disposable income have no idea how much things are actually worth. $350 isn't even their high-end belts, they have some going for $500+

And because I do see the convo concerning "some people consider video games an overpriced luxury" I'll just say this: Video games are made mostly through the efforts of a large group of people working different parts of the creative process (writing, animating, encoding, testing, etc). They take time, a lot of hard work, and a degree of creativity to create. The item we're talking about here is a belt, which is more than 5x the price of an average video game on it's release date (assuming $60). The process that went into creating the belt was: the designer creates the concept, it's OK'd by the company, the company then acquires the materials and facilities needed to produce the belt, it's then put into production. There's a huge difference when you consider what you're actually paying for. Designer items are simply not even close to worth the amounts charged for them.

#38 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

It was actually suggested that Oprah may have been oversensitive in that situation due to the "US perception of African Americans."

If they knew that womans net worth ( Oprah Winfrey net worth and salary: Oprah Winfrey is a media mogul, TV host and author who has a net worth of $2.9 billion.) they wouldn't have dared to approach her. It is was suggested they were prejudice, and ignorant there! Looking at the facts here what would you say?

#39 Edited by MaccyD (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: Oprah may not appear on Swiss tv. Also the clerk simply stated that he/she just showed/suggested cheaper alternatives if she wanted it. The comments also stated that Swiss have been known to be anti-Americanism.

There are no facts here, but one person's word against another. One person's word just happens to come from a famous person.

#40 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@evilvegeta74: Oprah may not appear on Swiss tv. Also the clerk simply stated that he/she just showed/suggested cheaper alternatives if she wanted it. The comments also stated that Swiss have been known to be anti-Americanism.

There are no facts here, but one person's word against another. One person's word just happens to come from a famous person.

That's not my point, it's about respect period! They showed a lack of it, point blank! Furthermore if it didn't happen then why would they be compelled to apologize for the actions which didn't occur?

#41 Posted by cameron83 (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

Black people save money to buy worthless items. Well worthless depending on who you ask but they do save money to do so.

You really are generalizing. People of other ethnicities do this too. It is more dependent on the person,less on the ethnic group....unless you were joking,in which case I am clueless.

And if he wants to spend 350 on a belt,live and let live.

It's a damn shame that racism exists,let alone is still this strong. It's a sad reality that it happens to even 1 person,let alone most every group. But humanity has never failed to disappoint me. At this point I don't even think I care anymore.

But it is funny that people say that it doesn't exist or that it's near dead....it really is funny.

But anyway,doesn't surprise me.....

truth

@mercy_ said:

SMH. Saw this earlier.

This. Quite ridiculous. 0.0

This.

Sometimes the stupidity of some people really does disappoint me

#42 Posted by joyguy (89 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be a crime punishable with jail time to spend more than 40 bucks on a belt. How vain can you be.

#43 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

@joyguy said:

It should be a crime punishable with jail time to spend more than 40 bucks on a belt. How vain can you be.

That's not the issue, and your way of thinking is part of the problem in the world. If you make the money or have it's your prerogative to spend it the way you feel. Speaking of being vain, Joygirl is gonna find you, and it won't be pretty, for the name likeness. I'm sure you already heard this though, now that's being vain!

#44 Posted by nick_hero22 (6812 posts) - - Show Bio

The world isn't pretty and pink like we were led to believe after all!

#45 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by DeathandGrim (2042 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sometimes hard to be black. I would know.

#47 Edited by cameron83 (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Really cuz?Really?

What? You kinda were generalizing.....I doubt that you actually think in such a way,but what you typed seem much different than what you intended.

Anyway,those parts about "Humanity disappointing me" and "this doesn't surprise me" weren't directed at you,for the record.....

#48 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell said:

What? You kinda were generalizing.....I doubt that you actually think in such a way,but what you typed seem much different than what you intended.

Anyway,those parts about "Humanity disappointing me" and "this doesn't surprise me" weren't directed at you,for the record.....

I was generalizing and it was entirely on purpose, It's a problem and what's worse we're the only ones who get profiled for it. My point was that people don't realize that black people would actually prefer to purchase something useless for the sake of showing how much they can floss. Not saying that other groups won't do it but frankly I don't care about other groups and you know this.

#49 Edited by cameron83 (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@nelomaxwell said:

I was generalizing and it was entirely on purpose, It's a problem and what's worse we're the only ones who get profiled for it. My point was that people don't realize that black people would actually prefer to purchase something useless for the sake of showing how much they can floss. Not saying that other groups won't do it but frankly I don't care about other groups and you know this.

1. It's a problem and what's worse we're the only ones who get profiled for it.

Yup,that's part of the ignorance and I agree with you.

2. My point was that people don't realize that black people would actually prefer to purchase something useless for the sake of showing how much they can floss

But why not say "many"? Why say "in general" which refers to "most". There is no point in making it seem as if it's black people in particular when you know better.

#50 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Because I find most to be an accurate assessment. I didn't say all I said most. The co-option and corruption of our culture as it exists through the corpratized garbage they're claiming is rap has failed us and has created a generation of people more obsessed with the appearance of opulence then actual substance. Tell me I'm wrong, You live down south, I know you see it. Go to Magic City or King of Diamonds where dudes walking in with backpacks full of singles to make it rain. Come on, bro...we know what's up.