• 0 results
#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bioshock movie can't seem to catch a break. First, director Gore Verbinksi bailed because no one would support his R-rated version of Rapture. 28 Weeks Later Director Juan Carlos stepped in, but now he's abandoned the flooding city, too. The future of this movie is certainly looking bleak as it struggles to find a budget, and that's depressing news considering Bioshock is one of the most impressive modern franchises and crafted a eerily beautiful world to explore. So while we patiently wait for any good news regarding a big screen adaptation (I still want a comic!), one group decided to take matters into their own hands and create a fan film. Once you're done watching, share your thoughts on who you'd want to direct the adaptation. Enjoy.

source: my blog

#2 Posted by Inverno (13315 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks promising.

#3 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea why Bioshock is getting a film. The game is far too expansive to cram into a two hour film.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: 2.5 hours in the right hands could do a great job teasing us with the world and leave it open to a potential trilogy.

Then again, I'm a big fanboy of the franchise :D

#5 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@Illuminatus: 2.5 hours in the right hands could do a great job teasing us with the world and leave it open to a potential trilogy.

Then again, I'm a big fanboy of the franchise :D

I really think this film will go the way of the Gears of War film-nowhere.
#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Bioshock sucks.

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Bioshock sucks.

Y U BREAK MY HEART?

@Illuminatus: See above as well.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Because its incredibly fun?

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: If I were to be serious, I don't really see potential in a Bioshock movie. Or at least, I don't think it could do the game justice.

#11 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's become a movie. And think would be good as in r rated film. Also I can't for new one to come. It looks really nice

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

BioShock is an incredible game, but sadly, I don't see a film progressing anywhere.

#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @Deranged Midget: @HolySerpent: @Illuminatus: Well, under the assumption it does move forward, who would be your choice to direct? And what part of the story would it focus on?

I still really want a prequel comic. Maybe following a family when the chaos begins.

/fanboyism

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: 1 is really the only option.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'd like to see De Toro take a shot at the franchise and either the story focus' on the first game or when Andrew Ryan first built Rapture and leading up to the civil war.

#16 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Del Toro would be ideal, but the man can't commit to a project for more than a month before flaking and moving on to something else he "truly cares about". I love the guy's artistic-style, but he's annoying. 

Anyways, they should just give it too Neil Blomkamp.

#17 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan...

#18 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

when in doubt, go to Uwe.

Uwe never fails...

#19 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I saw this. Very well done.

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: Part of me would love to see that just because we know how awful it would be.

But then everything else in me is saying

#21 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: haha yeah, I get the feeling if the movie ever comes out, it's going to be like, Alone in the Dark quality.

Not enough buzz from this game to make it into massive movie production, imo.

#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: But it's such a good franchise, damn it!

#23 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: eeeh, not sure if we can say the entire franchise is good. the first game was great. i heard the second was rubbish, and i can't say anything about the latest one.
#24 Edited by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: I strongly disagree with rubbish. I agree that using the same environment twice took away a huge part of the appeal to much of the crowd (didn't have the same impact a second time around), but I still really enjoyed playing through the story. Seeing the world through the little sister's eyes was pretty damn neat-o, too.

Then again, I <3 Bioshock. It's easily in my top 5 games.

Plus, Infinite looks sweet.

#25 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

a bioshock movie should never be made unless its R rated

a pg-13 bioshock would be just terrible

#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bearded Justice: That's exactly why it has encountered so many issues.

#27 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

when in doubt, go to Uwe.

Uwe never fails...

#28 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, as far as game franchises go, i'm still waiting for Metal Gear to hit the big screen, I would say God of War, but the whole Clash of the Titans/Wrath of the Titans basically took that helm.

#29 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor: It's tough to hate the man when he's so happy looking all the time, lol.

What about Half-Life? That seemed like an obvious choice for such a long time.

#30 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: Agreed, the team of Blomkamp and Peter Jackson would be ideal.

#31 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: lol, I think he's happy because of the German tax loophole that makes him a fortune which, in turn, funds his P.O.S. movies (I just saw his latest Bloodrayne movie, regrettably).

You know, funny enough, I never got into the Half-Life title, i've had a few friends that enjoy the series, but otherwise, the main games I stick to are the Resident Evil series, Metal Gear, Dead Space, etc. I used to be a huge arcade buff, and stuck to action games when I was a kid, but as i've gotten older, survival and horror/action 3rd person player games have definitely kind of held a place in my heart.

#32 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: <3 District 9.

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor: No problem there, man. To each their own. Resident Evil 4 is a must own, imho. I'm excited for 6. And Dead Space? Those games simply rock so far.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate horror survival...

#35 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Why for?

#36 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor: BECUZ AHM SCARED.

Honestly though, its because I hate the concept of saving up on Ammo. It irritates me.

#37 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@progenitor: BECUZ AHM SCARED.

Honestly though, its because I hate the concept of saving up on Ammo. It irritates me.

LOL. Yeah, I can understand that, it irritates me too at times. I can honestly say the only survival horror that freaks me out is the Dead Space series, especially Dead Space 2, which I highly recommend, I torture my fiancee by playing it when we're together. I think the only survival horror game where you didn't have to worry about ammo was either Resident Evil 2 or 3.

#38 Edited by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: A spray n' pray kind of guy, eh?

Personally, I like the notion of restricted ammo. It puts you on edge and you need to make sure you use all of your weapons wisely. A perfect fit for horror survival, since you need to feel like you're not an unstoppable soldier and you're never safe.

GO BACK TA HALOZ, REVAAMPZOE.

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor said:

LOL. Yeah, I can understand that, it irritates me too at times. I can honestly say the only survival horror that freaks me out is the Dead Space series, especially Dead Space 2, which I highly recommend, I torture my fiancee by playing it when we're together. I think the only survival horror game where you didn't have to worry about ammo was either Resident Evil 2 or 3.

Never played Dead Space, heard its scary as fck. LOL

@k4tzm4n said:

@ReVamp: A spray n' pray kind of guy, eh?

Personally, I like the notion of restricted ammo. It puts you on edge and you need to make sure you use all of your weapons wisely. A perfect fit for horror survival, since you need to feel like you're not an unstoppable soldier and you're never safe.

GO BACK TA HALOZ, REVAAMPZOE.

Not necessarily. I just don't like the notion of the fact that if you use all your ammo at one point, you're fcked up ahead. Then again I never actually played through one whole Survival Horror game, so I'm not sure that's the case.

U JUS MAD CUS I GUT SKILLZ AT DA GAME, KETZZZZ

#40 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Honestly, I never ran out of ammo. When it came to battle heavy sequences, I'd definitely blast through all of my ammo in the weapons I was saving for the right moment and more powerful choices, but I'd usually walk out with at least half a clip for my back-up weapon of choice. Plus, after such hectic sequences the game would usually give you more ammo before it happened and almost always plenty after.

PROBLEM?

But really, I love Halo as well. I'm a shooter junkie.

Wait, that sounds wrong.

#41 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: UR A DRUGGY?

#42 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I guess. I wouldn't really know.

That doesn't make sense, why would I have a problem with being better than you... o.o

I don't like Halo.

Nothing wrong with the truth man.

#43 Edited by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor: I love Bane and Kraven for a reason...

lol but really, major no.

@ReVamp: You should give a demo for one of them a shot if you have a 360/PS3.

OH, SNAP. You're lucky all of my screenshots of my Counter-Strike glory days were on a computer long gone.

What franchises do you like?

#44 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: lulz, well I guess I can relate, seeing as my 2 favorites are Captain America and Albert Wesker. DRUGGIES ASSEMBLE!

#45 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I have. I said a full game on purpose.

Good game, if a bit outdated its still beautiful.

What Franchised don't you like? (I require an answer first so I can give you a truthful answer)

Nah, I kid. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, CoD -- before it went to hell, Battlefield (2142) and right now I'm into Tribes: Ascend.

#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Nah dawg, Dead Space is more of a jump scare than actual horror. It's a fantastic game though, if you're a fan of Resident Evil 4 then you'll instantly feel at home.

@k4tzm4n: District 9 was a masterpiece indeed! RESIDENT EVIL 6 ZOMG!!! Unfortunately Operation Raccoon City was the bastard child of the series... :(

#47 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
Dead Space is freaking bonkers, and that's saying something coming from a guy like me.
#48 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Yeah, I've heard quite a few bad things about RE: ORC.

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Bad is putting it nicely. It has a good concept but it just fails as game entirely. Terrible A.I, enemies are almost infinite in numbers, terrible level design, terrible hit detection, controls are sluggish and the character are boring.

#50 Posted by k4tzm4n (49115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Sounds like a good way to spend $60!