Billy Joel is God

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This performance is so damn amazing and flawless. His whistle gives me chills, he is playing the piano like a master, he has a legendary voice & the song lyrics is beautiful

No Caption Provided
Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've heard better.

Get on Coolio's level.

Loading Video...

CombatKung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie: Check out "Root Beer Bag" from Streetlife Serenade. That is some sweet stuff there.

My favorite albums are The Stranger and 52nd Street.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@taquie: Finally someone around here who has good taste in music.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Billy Joel

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iI like billy joel. he has written so many great songs over the years.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Taquie

I've heard better.

Get on Coolio's level.

Loading Video...

Pfft that is not even live xD

Playing live is way more pressure than doing studio albums. I like that song though

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's good but he's not God.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie said:
@heatblaze123 said:

I've heard better.

Get on Coolio's level.

Loading Video...

Pfft that is not even live xD

Playing live is way more pressure than doing studio albums. I like that song though

Your a nice person. I had to keep my opinion on Coolio too myself. Didn't have anything positive to say on the matter.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Lol do you really think that is comparable to what Billy Joel did in that performance? I noticed Coolio's voice was a bit shaky & he did some lines wrong. Billy Joel on the other hand proved his amazing talent of doing multiple instruments at the same time and making it sound great. His voice is perfect there too

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth: Haha thanks, i treat people how i want to be treated (As long as they don't start to mess with me and get on my mind)

I don't think Coolio has the natural talent that Billy Joel has, but I still do like some of his songs because they are classic to me

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Joel is Legendary... I would put Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, Elton John, Freddie Mercury ahead of him though. Not by a whole lot.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie said:

@heatblaze123: Lol do you really think that is comparable to what Billy Joel did in that performance? I noticed Coolio's voice was a bit shaky & he did some lines wrong. Billy Joel on the other hand proved his amazing talent of doing multiple instruments at the same time and making it sound great. His voice is perfect there too

Nah, not comparable. Coolio's was way better. I'm just joking :P.

"he did some lines wrong."

Aside from mixing up 10 with 11, that's the only one.

"Billy Joel on the other hand proved his amazing talent of doing multiple instruments"

Playing one instrument doesn't count as playing multiple instruments. Although I will give credit where credits due since it's hard to sing and play a complicated instrument like the piano.

"a bit shaky"

Everyone sounds a bit shaky on live, even mr Joel himself..

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

More of a Bowie man myself.

He was at his best live in 1978.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 Straight-Fire  Online

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

This makes me sad, and want to vomit.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Straight-Fire  Online
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

Aw why? =(

Because Lady Gaga is one of the banes of my existence musically speaking, I despise her music and find it abdominal. I almost dislike it as much as I hate Taylor Swifts, which is on a whole other level of putrescence all together.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

That title belongs to Bob Seger.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Joel is Legendary... I would put Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, Elton John, Freddie Mercury ahead of him though. Not by a whole lot.

@jonez120 said:
@ordinaryalan said:

This.

King: I agree with the underlined names being above Joel.

Jonez: Bob Seger is a Rock God no doubt about it.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Straight-Fire  Online

@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

Aw why? =(

Because Lady Gaga is one of the banes of my existence musically speaking, I despise her music and find it abdominal. I almost dislike it as much as I hate Taylor Swifts, which is on a whole other level of putrescence all together.

Damn, we have extremly different taste in music, it seems 'cause you dislike two of my favorite artist. Haha.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

Aw why? =(

Damn, we have extremly different taste in music, it seems 'cause you dislike two of my favorite artist. Haha.

We do indeed have extremely different tastes in music. Because I do indeed detest two of your favorite performers. You can keep Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift all to yourself, and I'll take Madonna and Katy Perry instead. :)

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie:

This is probably my favorite Joel song...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

The greatest live performance ever.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Straight-Fire  Online

@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

Aw why? =(

We do indeed have extremely different tastes in music. Because I do indeed detest two of your favorite performers. You can keep Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift all to yourself, and I'll take Madonna and Katy Perry instead. :)

Eh heh heh well at least you like Katy Perry, she's one of my favorites too. =) And Madonna? I haven't really listened to her music but she's known as the queen of pop so nothing else has to be said about her. :P

Though I believe Tay Swift will take that title from her by the time she's Madonna's age. Hell, Gaga probably will too. >:P

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

Aw why? =(

Eh heh heh well at least you like Katy Perry, she's one of my favorites too. =) And Madonna? I haven't really listened to her music but she's known as the queen of pop so nothing else has to be said about her. :P

Though I believe Tay Swift will take that title from her by the time she's Madonna's age. Hell, Gaga probably will too. >:P

Not if there is any justice in the universe. Actually in my honest opinion, it will be a cold day in hell that ever happens, but dream on. :)

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Straight-Fire  Online

@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

Lady Gaga > Billy Joel.

Aw why? =(

Not if there is any justice in the universe. Actually in my honest opinion, it will be a cold day in hell that ever happens, but dream on. :)

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING! ;)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By dernman
@thatguywithheadphones said:
Loading Video...

The greatest live performance ever.

This is too me an example of me not understanding why people are so big on him. Sure there are a couple of good songs but this isn't one of them in my opinion. I'd ask for someone to explain it to me so I can at least understand even if not agree but I think this is just one of those things you either get it or not.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@jonez120 said:
@ordinaryalan said:

This.

Marvin Gaye easily rivals Smokey Robinson in terms of Music Quality... Smokey was a better Songwriter though. Elton John may have more quality singles than everyone else I named. Stevie Wonder is another honorable mention while I am thinking about it.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth said:
@king_saturn said:

@jonez120 said:
@ordinaryalan said:

This.

Marvin Gaye easily rivals Smokey Robinson in terms of Music Quality... Smokey was a better Songwriter though. Elton John may have more quality singles than everyone else I named. Stevie Wonder is another honorable mention while I am thinking about it.

I disagree with you is all. Smokey Robinson trumps Marvin Gaye IMHO, and Billy Joel trumps Elton John IMHO. Elton John has better showmanship, but Billy is a better pianist.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@king_saturn said:

@jonez120 said:
@ordinaryalan said:

This.

I disagree with you is all. Smokey Robinson trumps Marvin Gaye IMHO, and Billy Joel trumps Elton John IMHO. Elton John has better showmanship, but Billy is a better pianist.

I don't know who smokey robinson is but I wouldn't put Freddie mercury above Billy Joel. While Freddie has a stronger voice & is a great entertainer. Billy Joel is the much better piano player and overall instrument player & I might even reach and say that Billy Joel is more of a poet. I'd rate them equally

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie said:

I don't know who smokey robinson is but I wouldn't put Freddie mercury above Billy Joel. While Freddie has a stronger voice & is a great entertainer. Billy Joel is the much better piano player and overall instrument player & I might even reach and say that Billy Joel is more of a poet. I'd rate them equally

Uh...you ever listen to Bohemian Rhapsody?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@king_saturn said:
@naamah_obyzouth said:
@king_saturn said:

@jonez120 said:
@ordinaryalan said:

This.

I take it you don't care much for Elton John or Marvin Gaye then since you didn't even mention them.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

weird way to spell Kanye but it's cool

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love him. Like fresh air, listening to music by someone who has talent.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Joel playing at the bar three in the morning is the reason I throw up.