Cosby 81%
obama 19%
#1 Posted by Joygirl (20840 posts) - - Show Bio

Wat

#2 Edited by Legendary_StarHero (18959 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill Cosby for sure.

#3 Posted by _slim_ (15934 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by KraytRawk (696 posts) - - Show Bio

What're we talking here. huh? Talkin scooter races? Rap battles? Pit fighting? Seeing who can utilize traffic cones to amplify a louder fart than the other? What?

#5 Posted by Marshall_Long (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

Jello Pudding is omnipotent.

#6 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Manchine (4302 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny vs Complete Idiot

#8 Posted by silkyballfro94 (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosby. But if Obama wasn't a politician, I'd hang with him.

#9 Posted by russellmania77 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by RetconCrisis (4674 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama's had his fair share of funny remarks at banquets. But Cosby takes it with da jell-oh pood-din'.

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (14295 posts) - - Show Bio

A FREE PUDDIN POP IN EVERY HOME!!!!!

#12 Posted by pooty (13000 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather hang with Obama. But Bill is exactly right about the current state of African Americans

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my.

#14 Posted by ColonelRunAway (380 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by King Saturn (218336 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Bogey (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill Cosby due to not drone striking women and children.

#17 Posted by russellmania77 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by SithLantern93 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (15230 posts) - - Show Bio

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nYk7R1QikV8

#20 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (15488 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill Cosby hates white acting.

I hate White acting.

Obama loves white acting.

So who you thiunk i am going to like more, the guy thta belives white acting is good or the one that belives is bad?

Cosby, white acting is wrong, white people arent so great and the whole concept eurocentrism bullshit is that bullshit, white people impact isnt as great as they want to belive it was.

#21 Posted by SaintWildcard (14478 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun Fact- Bill Cosby was once roommates with Hitler.

#22 Posted by russellmania77 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (15488 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Christian bale is white

But he speaks japanese, korean, mandarine and spanish.

So, he know from other people cultures.

Loading Video...

His spanish is mexican accent, he just need to speak more and he would speak like a mexican!!!!

Besides he is Batman!!!!

How could you hate Batman?

#24 Edited by Cable_Extreme (10554 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate White acting.

So who you thiunk i am going to like more, the guy thta belives white acting is good or the one that belives is bad?

Cosby, white acting is wrong, white people arent so great and the whole concept eurocentrism bullshit is that bullshit, white people impact isnt as great as they want to belive it was.

I sense a bit of racism in this post.

#25 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (15488 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I hate White acting.

Sorry but is not, is racist when you keep white washing history, eurocentrism is that, telling people europeans and people in the USA changed history, also to minimize the role of other countries, other races and other regions of the world.

It made sense in the colonization, but now, it makes no sense this is still in there.

You can still see eurocentrism, history is made a myth of the eurocentrism.

#26 Posted by russellmania77 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by ARMIV2 (9168 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I hate White acting.

Sorry but is not, is racist when you keep white washing history, eurocentrism is that, telling people europeans and people in the USA changed history, also to minimize the role of other countries, other races and other regions of the world.

It made sense in the colonization, but now, it makes no sense this is still in there.

Huh?

#28 Posted by Nelomaxwell (12323 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I hate White acting.

Yep

Fixed.

#29 Posted by IrishX (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the world we live in today. Saying "I hate white acting" and talking about "white washing" history isn't racist? Yes, it is. Obviously. But it's ok in society to be that way towards that particular race now.

#30 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10554 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I hate White acting.

So you are saying I am racist for whitewashing history ect? How would you know that I am not black, or hispanic, or hawaiian ect..You are assuming way too much about me, and also assuming I am a racist..... I simply pointed out your remark is a little racist, never said anything else.

#31 Posted by kgb725 (8747 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama

#32 Posted by Pr0metheus (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

Barack Ocosby

#33 Posted by wildvine (10982 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#34 Edited by JetiiMitra (9278 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I hate White acting.

I sense a lot.

#35 Posted by CuddleBear (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Cosby assuming that it is the Cosby that has a coke and a smile and shuts the **** up

#36 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosby.

#37 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (15488 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: so know white people impact in the world isnt so huge is racism?

@cable_extreme: Is tyhe whole way history is told, white people build everything, all the society change happened because of them and any other race or society that did it first, dont count or is totally ignore.

The Islam being the prime example!!!

Is not that you are racist, is just the way people see history.

#38 Posted by JetiiMitra (9278 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: No, it's racist to hate "white acting" for the reason that it's "white." That's literally the same thing as saying Asians can't drive because they're Asian. Using skin color to judge an ability like that is wrong. I don't care what gripes you have with history.

#39 Posted by TotalBalance (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Is tyhe whole way history is told, white people build everything, all the society change happened because of them and any other race or society that did it first, dont count or is totally ignore.

You aren't a member of the Nation of Islam by any chance are you?

#40 Edited by JetiiMitra (9278 posts) - - Show Bio

@totalbalance said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

That wouldn't have much to do with his point even if he was.

#41 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (15488 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@deathpoolthet1000: No, it's racist to hate "white acting" for the reason that it's "white." That's literally the same thing as saying Asians can't drive because they're Asian. Using skin color to judge an ability like that is wrong. I don't care what gripes you have with history.

I never say i hate white people, i hate "acting white" and like if being white was something special.

Cosby was the first person to made this public, the fact many black people acts like white people because they have problems with their cultural background or skin color, so they act like "white people" does.

I didnt explain myself and thats is my bad, but there is this idea that acting like "white people", the idea of white people being exceptional and the example that all other races should follow.

The Boondocks talked about this several times.

Is not my fault that the term is called acting white, besides the fact that calling it eurocentrism and americentrism is not that fair, since there is latin europeans and latin americans.

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Chinesse being another example.

No, just a person that dont like eurocentrism, americentrism and european/american exceptionalism.

Neither white exceptionalism and the people that follows that point of view.

#42 Posted by JetiiMitra (9278 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

I never say i hate white people, i hate "acting white" and like if being white was something special.

Cosby was the first person to made this public, the fact many black people acts like white people because they have problems with their cultural background or skin color, so they act like "white people" does.

I didnt explain myself and thats is my bad, but there is this idea that acting like "white people", the idea of white people being exceptional and the example that all other races should follow.

Is not my fault that the term is called acting white, besides the fact that calling it eurocentrism and americentrism is not that fair, since there is latin europeans and latin americans.

Oh, I get it. That makes more sense, the way you had it worded made it sound like you hated actors/actresses that were white. I agree that it's wrong that minorities had to emulate white behavior to do anything socially in many countries. My last English teacher had us read a bunch of Toni Morrison/Zora Neale Hurston, so the idea isn't new to me.

#43 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10554 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000:

@mitran said:

Being white is something special, just like being latino, black, indian ect.. Everyone should embrace who they are and their heritage. What exactly do you mean acting white? There are white people in many cultures that have many different characteristics. Are you generalizing an action to a certain race? I am of Celtic origin my family came from scotland about 2 years before i was born, heck i even have a scottish-american accent. Are you telling me that the majority of people in America act Scottish, and that you have to act Scottish to get by?

I would also point out that if you are talking about black people acting white, what traits are you giving them that you deem white? Are you degrading that individual for not acting like he/she is (as you would say)"inherently" supposed to?

#44 Edited by Marionettegeist (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000:

@mitran said:

Being white is something special, just like being latino, black, indian ect.. Everyone should embrace who they are and their heritage. What exactly do you mean acting white? There are white people in many cultures that have many different characteristics. Are you generalizing an action to a certain race? I am of Celtic origin my family came from scotland about 2 years before i was born, heck i even have a scottish-american accent. Are you telling me that the majority of people in America act Scottish, and that you have to act Scottish to get by?

I would also point out that if you are talking about black people acting white, what traits are you giving them that you deem white? Are you degrading that individual for not acting like he/she is (as you would say)"inherently" supposed to?

That whole "acting white", "acting black", etc. has a lot of unfortunate implications.

#45 Posted by Farkam (5780 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosby.

#46 Posted by JetiiMitra (9278 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000:

@mitran said:

The point he's making, I think, is that being white isn't any more special than being any other ethnicity. While there's nothing wrong with being proud of one's heritage, writing it into history at the expense of other cultures and countries is wrong, which is what he means with the Eurocentric/American exceptionalist points. I can agree that at least for elementary through middle school, there isn't really much of history taught that isn't dominated by the U.S. High school was a different story, but that also depends on the level of classes taken. The point is, only the West is looked at, without much regard to Eastern influence.

"Acting white" is more about the U.S, I believe, when in our history (and sometimes even now), minorities would have to do things like conform to Christianity, or dress a certain way, or do their hair to look similar to natural white features (straight vs coiled/curly especially) - things like that. Since which European ethnicity a person is doesn't really matter in the U.S. (at least that I've seen or read about), it's all sort of lumped into "white." What is beautiful or proper is determined by those with status, and since those with status in the U.S. tended to be white males, if a minority wanted to rise in social status, they couldn't do so by acting what would be considered uncouth or by visibly being different.

#47 Posted by ARMIV2 (9168 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I hate White acting.

Yep

Fixed.

...I don't even know anymore.

#48 Edited by Cable_Extreme (10554 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Said:

The point he's making, I think, is that being white isn't any more special than being any other ethnicity. While there's nothing wrong with being proud of one's heritage, writing it into history at the expense of other cultures and countries is wrong, which is what he means with the Eurocentric/American exceptionalist points. I can agree that at least for elementary through middle school, there isn't really much of history taught that isn't dominated by the U.S. High school was a different story, but that also depends on the level of classes taken. The point is, only the West is looked at, without much regard to Eastern influence.

"Acting white" is more about the U.S, I believe, when in our history (and sometimes even now), minorities would have to do things like conform to Christianity, or dress a certain way, or do their hair to look similar to natural white features (straight vs coiled/curly especially) - things like that. Since which European ethnicity a person is doesn't really matter in the U.S. (at least that I've seen or read about), it's all sort of lumped into "white." What is beautiful or proper is determined by those with status, and since those with status in the U.S. tended to be white males, if a minority wanted to rise in social status, they couldn't do so by acting what would be considered uncouth or by visibly being different.

He specifically said whitewashing America's history, and that "telling people Europeans and people in the USA changed history, also to minimize the role of other countries, other races and other regions of the world". It is a fact that the majority of settlers in America were white Europeans. In fact, all of the office holders, landowners were white men. Telling people about how the Government was formed ect... is not whitewashing. It is sadly, just how it was. Also, what makes Christianity a white religion?

I would also argue that people do not dress white, white people in Europe do not dress like they did in the early colonies, nor do we dress like them now, Black people have the full ability to dress how they want, same with any other culture. If they wish to straighten their hair, that is their choice, but it has no effect on how they act, it is just the person they choose to be. My mother, and my cousins all have curly red hair, and my beard is quite curly, far from the "straight" hair white generalization.

Now don't lacerate me for speaking this next point, I don't intend to disrespect to anyone. But nowadays, Black people are gaining Nation Wide acceptance and benefits, such as scholarships, business required employment and much more. Heck I even went to school in a failry poor part of houston, I had a single mom that didn't make much money, well instead of getting a bunch of help with college, I am having to work double time and take out tons of loans. My friend who has two parents and is better off than me, got nearly a full ride through college simply for having african american dna. I think we are far from the stereotypical America nowadays.

#49 Posted by JetiiMitra (9278 posts) - - Show Bio

He specifically said whitewashing America's history, and that "telling people Europeans and people in the USA changed history, also to minimize the role of other countries, other races and other regions of the world". It is a fact that the majority of settlers in America were white Europeans. In fact, all of the office holders, landowners were white men. Telling people about how the Government was formed ect... is not whitewashing. It is sadly, just how it was. Also, what makes Christianity a white religion?

I would also argue that people do not dress white, white people in Europe do not dress like they did in the early colonies, nor do we dress like them now, Black people have the full ability to dress how they want, same with any other culture. If they wish to straighten their hair, that is their choice, but it has no effect on how they act, it is just the person they choose to be. My mother, and my cousins all have curly red hair, and my beard is quite curly, far from the "straight" hair white generalization.

Now don't lacerate me for speaking this next point, I don't intend to disrespect to anyone. But nowadays, Black people are gaining Nation Wide acceptance and benefits, such as scholarships, business required employment and much more. Heck I even went to school in a failry poor part of houston, I had a single mom that didn't make much money, well instead of getting a bunch of help with college, I am having to work double time and take out tons of loans. My friend who has two parents and is better off than me, get nearly a full ride through college simply for having african american dna. I think we are far from the stereotypical America nowadays.

The point on history went for the world, or at least that was the point I was making. America's history wasn't "whitewashed," the rest of the world's history was "whitewashed" by America and Europe. Which is true to an extent, at least in my experience. The role of Europe and the U.S. in world affairs is very much maximized and roles played by the Middle East and Far East are overlooked, minimized, or non-existant in elementary and middle school, and even high school depending on the level of courses taken. (Protestant) Christianity was very much a white religion as far as the U.S. was concerned in the 1700s-1800s, which was the time I was referring to and the earliest instance I could think of during which minorities were forced to assimilate into American culture (as slaves). You could also go further back to Spaniards and conquistadors assimilating or destroying native tribes.

After that was when I focused on the U.S. during the 1900s, which is when trying to rise socially wasn't as easy as it is now. There was a fair difference in how minorities and whites could dress (mainly due to the difference in wealth), and if a minority wanted to raise in social status, it would be incredibly difficult due to the racism that would be faced. Presenting oneself as "white," would be considered simply being professional and besides white mannerisms (proper speech and manners and whatnot) would be the way to start at . Also, the hair part of course doesn't refer to all white ethnicities, but if you'll look at pictures of black models in, say, the 1960s, none or very few are going to have what's considered "natural" black hair - tight coils and kinks, afros, and the like. They're also generally going to have smaller lips and in many cases lighter skin - because at the time, white features were what was considered "beautiful."

At the moment, yes, it's much easier to be a minority than it was then. I just went through the whole "getting into college" thing last year, and being a mixture of a good deal of races (black and hispanic predominantly), I got scholarship opportunities that my white friends didn't have - so trust me, I heard all that from them and no, I'm not offended. The "black benefits" that are going on are a result of a guilt trip that people with money seem to be having over how minorities were treated in the past. I honestly think it's a temporary thing and I don't agree with it or think it's fair. But that doesn't change the fact that in the past, minorities were treated terribly. We've come a long way, but the fact is that in the past, in order to get anywhere in life, a minority had to act a certain way - and that was the way that "white" people acted.

Aaaand I just realized we're way off-topic, though I'm not sure what the topic was to begin with. PM if you want to continue?

#50 Edited by Cable_Extreme (10554 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

Now don't lacerate me for speaking this next point, I don't intend to disrespect to anyone. But nowadays, Black people are gaining Nation Wide acceptance and benefits, such as scholarships, business required employment and much more. Heck I even went to school in a failry poor part of houston, I had a single mom that didn't make much money, well instead of getting a bunch of help with college, I am having to work double time and take out tons of loans. My friend who has two parents and is better off than me, get nearly a full ride through college simply for having african american dna. I think we are far from the stereotypical America nowadays.

The point on history went for the world, or at least that was the point I was making. America's history wasn't "whitewashed," the rest of the world's history was "whitewashed" by America and Europe. Which is true to an extent, at least in my experience. The role of Europe and the U.S. in world affairs is very much maximized and roles played by the Middle East and Far East are overlooked, minimized, or non-existant in elementary and middle school, and even high school depending on the level of courses taken. (Protestant) Christianity was very much a white religion as far as the U.S. was concerned in the 1700s-1800s, which was the time I was referring to and the earliest instance I could think of during which minorities were forced to assimilate into American culture (as slaves). You could also go further back to Spaniards and conquistadors assimilating or destroying native tribes.

After that was when I focused on the U.S. during the 1900s, which is when trying to rise socially wasn't as easy as it is now. There was a fair difference in how minorities and whites could dress (mainly due to the difference in wealth), and if a minority wanted to raise in social status, it would be incredibly difficult due to the racism that would be faced. Presenting oneself as "white," would be considered simply being professional and besides white mannerisms (proper speech and manners and whatnot) would be the way to start at . Also, the hair part of course doesn't refer to all white ethnicities, but if you'll look at pictures of black models in, say, the 1960s, none or very few are going to have what's considered "natural" black hair - tight coils and kinks, afros, and the like. They're also generally going to have smaller lips and in many cases lighter skin - because at the time, white features were what was considered "beautiful."

At the moment, yes, it's much easier to be a minority than it was then. I just went through the whole "getting into college" thing last year, and being a mixture of a good deal of races (black and hispanic predominantly), I got scholarship opportunities that my white friends didn't have - so trust me, I heard all that from them and no, I'm not offended. The "black benefits" that are going on are a result of a guilt trip that people with money seem to be having over how minorities were treated in the past. I honestly think it's a temporary thing and I don't agree with it or think it's fair. But that doesn't change the fact that in the past, minorities were treated terribly. We've come a long way, but the fact is that in the past, in order to get anywhere in life, a minority had to act a certain way - and that was the way that "white" people acted.

Aaaand I just realized we're way off-topic, though I'm not sure what the topic was to begin with. PM if you want to continue?

Oh man did we get off topic lol