#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

What were you not especially excited for but ended up loving last year? Since this is Off-Topic, that naturally means it applies to movies, games, tv, music, books, etc.

Staff
#2 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Spider for me.

I jumped in right in the middle of things with no info on the series and I honestly didn't expect to really like Kaine.

He quickly turned out to be one of my favorite comic characters and Scarlet Spider is probably one of my favorite Marvel series right now.

#3 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

How amazing The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 turned out to be. I knew it would be fantastic but man, it was exceptional.

Dredd was also a pleasant surprise. I know it didn't hit it's goal for a sequel but they have to do at least one, if not two more. Karl Urban owned the role.

Once Upon A Time surpassed its legendary first season by making one of the greatest half seasons of any television show ever.

That OP became staff. ;)

#4 Posted by MonsterStomp (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

How amazing The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 turned out to be. I knew it would be fantastic but man, it was exceptional.

For real? Never seen it.

#5 Posted by Jean199999 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally gave in and tried some Chuck Palahniuk, I'm a fan now.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this just good surprises? 

#7 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

Indeed, even for non-fans, the final battle is worth seeing. It really "gets" you.

#8 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Man

#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
Yes.
Staff
#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (14729 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and BP divorce.

#11 Posted by BumpyBoo (7614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jean199999 said:

Finally gave in and tried some Chuck Palahniuk, I'm a fan now.

Nice one, you definitely won't regret it :)

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32129 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
Yes.
hmmm In that case Valiant Comics in it's entirety 
#13 Posted by MonsterStomp (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

Indeed, even for non-fans, the final battle is worth seeing. It really "gets" you.

I liked the final battle on Eclipse. That gave me chills.

#14 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

Walking Dead Video Game by Telltale.

#15 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

The one in BD2 will give you so many emotions, first you're shocked, blown away, then surprised, etc.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

The one in BD2 will give you so many emotions, first you're shocked, blown away, then surprised, etc.

Now I want to watch it. Just want to see Jacbo get into more fights though. He seemed to have manned up in Pt 1

#17 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

Now I want to watch it. Just want to see Jacbo get into more fights though. He seemed to have manned up in Pt 1

He's a cool character, though the way other characters treated him in BD2 was awful. I felt bad for him. In the fight they showcase him in a way.

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

He's a cool character, though the way other characters treated him in BD2 was awful. I felt bad for him. In the fight they showcase him in a way.

Sad. He was crushing on Bella for the whole series. I hope she's not treating him like sh*t.

#19 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

#20 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

The Walking Dead. I never read wanted anything to do with it before I watched the pilot on netflix, then read issue #103.

#21 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd. It was definitely pleasant surprise specially after the trailer looked so dull and the once 100%-rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (15255 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: Hey, Hey! Stay out of this mate! :P

#23 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: Hey, Hey! Stay out of this mate! :P

Kirsten Stewart Twilight? The same that bring the horror of Kirsten Pokemon Asthma Attack

#24 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Xanni15 said:

For real? Never seen it.

Sad. He was crushing on Bella for the whole series. I hope she's not treating him like sh*t.

Uh...

#25 Edited by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Shane die on The Walking Dead. I felt a certain satisfaction after witnessing that.

#26 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies:

• Silver Linings Playbook
  • LooperThe Master
  • Dredd
  • Paranorman
  • The Grey

Comics:

• Scarlet Spider
  • Hawkeye
  • Saga
  • The Manhattan Projects

TV:

• The Walking Dead
  • Suits
  • White Collar

Games:

• Dishonored
  • Far Cry 3
  • The Walking Dead
  • XCom: Enemy Unknown
  • FTL
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Journey
  • Fez
#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
Seeing Shane die on The Walking Dead. I felt a certain satisfaction after witnessing hat.
I was actually a bit disappointed with the scene. Carl killing a zombified Shane isn't nearly as powerful as Carl being forced to headshot a human Shane.  
Staff
#28 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

What were you not especially excited for but ended up loving last year? Since this is Off-Topic, that naturally means it applies to movies, games, tv, music, books, etc.

Without a doubt "The Paperman" short before Wreck It Ralp. Went in not knowing about it at all and came out mind-blown.

#29 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
@Nefarious said:
Seeing Shane die on The Walking Dead. I felt a certain satisfaction after witnessing hat.
I was actually a bit disappointed with the scene. Carl killing a zombified Shane isn't nearly as powerful as Carl being forced to headshot a human Shane.  
You have a point because Shane was unarmed when he zombified. 
#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Wreck it Ralp was pretty good, i think it would suck amazingly, but it was as underrated as much as Toy Story 3, Ratattouille and Wall-E are overrated.

#31 Edited by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

You dare to speak ill of Toy Story 3 or Wall-E?! 

I SAY GOOD DAY, SIR. 

But yes, Wreck-It Ralph was awesome. 

@Lunacyde said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Without a doubt "The Paperman" short before Wreck It Ralp. Went in not knowing about it at all and came out mind-blown.

For sure, it was a beautiful short.
Staff
#32 Posted by SmashBrawler (5419 posts) - - Show Bio
  • I, Vampire (which I started to read last year).
  • Dredd.
  • Sleeping Dogs.
#33 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

You dare to speak ill of Toy Story 3 or Wall-E?!

I SAY GOOD DAY, SIR.

But yes, Wreck-It Ralph was awesome.

@Lunacyde said:

@k4tzm4n said:

For sure, it was a beautiful short.

Wreck It Ralph was awesome. Toy Story 3 was also awesome. Wall-E was not in either of their leagues as far as I am concerned.

This may hurt my man cred, but the Papermanaforced me connect with a well of emotion I didn't even know I had anymore lol.

#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde: Agreed that Toy Story 3 and Wreck-It Ralph are superior to Wall-E, but I still adore that movie. 
Staff
#35 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

What did you think of the short before Wreck it Ralph? I thought it was one of the best things Pixar's ever done.

#36 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17509 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

The Dark Knight Returns movie.It was very well done and I cant wait till the next part.Was a very pleasant surprise.

#37 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Toy Story 3 was the worst one in the trilogy, Wall E was a mess that send horrible messages to people, besides it try to sell at everybody Global Warming Terror, Fat People is everything that is wrong in the world and Oudated Hippie Ideas.

#38 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCerealKillz said:

@k4tzm4n:

What did you think of the short before Wreck it Ralph? I thought it was one of the best things Pixar's ever done.

I agree with Luna's statement above. Emotional and beautiful. 

@DeathpooltheT1000: Can't say I agree with you at all, but you're entitled to your opinion.

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah, definitely better than expected!
Staff
#39 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@k4tzm4n:

The Dark Knight Returns movie.It was very well done and I cant wait till the next part.Was a very pleasant surprise.

Not so manye people notice one thing, but they fixed many problems that the comic has, like Batman being too damn Frank Miller Avatar.