Best WWE moment in the last year?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For me its easy. Its the moment Bubba Ray Dudley came out during Royal Rumble.

Whats the best moment in your opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kane breaking the total elimination record at Royal Rumble.

He has been there for over 2 decades, and has always done consistent good work, and is probably the most respected man in the entire locker room.

He deserves his mark in the records.

Honestly it pissed me off when Reigns beat his 1 night elimination record.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

The day I stopped watching :P

korrasami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Bubba Ray kicking ass at the Royal Rumble.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darling_Luna

@korrasami: I know, I haven't watched since like 2012 hehe

korrasami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By korrasami

@darling_luna: Why did you stop watching it? You realized it sucked? :p

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@korrasami: I know, I haven't watched since like 2012 hehe

Right around the time CM Punk started his main event rise :P

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@misterwhisper: Most respected goes to his (kayfabe) brother

Undertaker is the most respected performer in the ring and it is an honor just to have a match with him.

Glen is like the big brother to many of the stars in the back, he encourages them, gives them notes to help them, and even talks to creative to make sure their ideas are heard.

Taker is very old school, you have to earn his respect, Kane respects you as a colleague just by being there.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#12  Edited By TheCannon

Didn't they lose several hundred million dollars at some point last year? That's the best moment to me.

korrasami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: I heard Taker was a leader in the locker room as well and that besides being respected by Vince himself he is respected by everyone and that if he wants something like killing a guys push for example he could get it.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

2014: Daniel Bryan winning at Wrestlemania xXx

II. Lesnar pwning Cena at SummerSlam

III. Evolution Vs Shield

IV. Shield Imploding

V. Every Shield members solo run taking off.

2015:

Rollins winning the WWE WHC (+)

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#GiveDivasAChance is a good one

I'm proud that WWE listened to the voice of the people and are actually treating their women right. The matches have gotten longer and more interesting. That was a great moment for WWE this year.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Trying to decide between Brock vs Cena at Summerslam, Punk leaving finally or Rollins winning the title.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laflux

Trying to decide between Brock vs Cena at Summerslam, Punk leaving finally or Rollins winning the title.

Brock vs Cena was nice for shock value but I didn't like it for 4 reasons.

1. It made it blatantly obvious that it was going to be only Byran or Reigns who would face him at Mania.

2. It pretty much buried the rest of the roster. Cena has a very strong record (I'd agree his booking is way too strong), so that by proxy made everybody look like sh!t compared to Lesnar.

3. It was a Technical dud. Lesnar hits clotheslines, punches, 16 German suplexes, 1 Vertical and 2 F5'. Cena hit some punches, a clothesline, STF and an AA, and pretty much spent the rest of the match selling (And selling isn't his strong point lol).

4. It made no sense Cena being able to contend with Lesnar at Night of Champions, after being outclassed like that at Summerslam.

That match was simply a way to build Brock as a beast Reigns would take down (which didn't happen thank god) and because at that time, hardcore were pissed off with the WWE and they needed something to make them happy, even if it meant the sacrifice of Cena

I'm not even going to get into the Punk thing. Say what you want, but Punk was the most consistently over performer in WWE in his last 3 years. He outsold Cena in merch, got WWE a ton of mainstream recognition in the media with his worked shoot, and was so popular people where still cheering him when he poured Paul's ashes over the Undertaker. He may be somewhat overratted, but WWE losing him was a loss and an error on thier part.

Rollins winning the Title in the way he did completely dominates any of the other choices, just like Rollins is completely dominates any of the New Talent in the WWE right now in terms of Wrestling Ability, Mike Skills and the ability to draw heat.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@comicstooge said:

Brock vs Cena was nice for shock value but I didn't like it for 4 reasons.

1. It made it blatantly obvious that it was going to be only Byran or Reigns who would face him at Mania.

2. It pretty much buried the rest of the roster. Cena has a very strong record (I'd agree his booking is way too strong), so that by proxy made everybody look like sh!t compared to Lesnar.

3. It was a Technical dud. Lesnar hits clotheslines, punches, 16 German suplexes, 1 Vertical and 2 F5'. Cena hit some punches, a clothesline, STF and an AA, and pretty much spent the rest of the match selling (And selling isn't his strong point lol).

4. It made no sense Cena being able to contend with Lesnar at Night of Champions, after being outclassed like that at Summerslam.

1) Most stuff WWE does is blatantly obvious. For the record, Ambrose was also a contender, but WWE dropped the ball on him.

2) Good. He's the biggest monster heel since early 90's WCW Vader.

3) It was still a shocking moment and very well received by fans and critics alike.

4) Alas, that is the only flaw. Cena's Superman booking rises again. God dammit.

@laflux said:

I'm not even going to get into the Punk thing. Say what you want, but Punk was the most consistently over performer in WWE in his last 3 years. He outsold Cena in merch, got WWE a ton of mainstream recognition in the media with his worked shoot, and was so popular people where still cheering him when he poured Paul's ashes over the Undertaker. He may be somewhat overratted, but WWE losing him was a loss and an error on thier part.

You know I don't like the guy, c'mon. He was a 2nd rate WWE champion.

@laflux said:

Rollins winning the Title in the way he did completely dominates any of the other choices, just like Rollins is completely dominates any of the New Talent in the WWE right now in terms of Wrestling Ability, Mike Skills and the ability to draw heat.

Zayn's easily as good a wrestler as he is, is great on the mic and draws as much love from a crowd as any wrestler I've ever seen.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

Ambrose could have a contender yes, WWE did drop the ball on him.

So Cena Burying the roster is bad, but for Brock its fine :p

Don't get me wrong, I liked it, and if anything it was great comedy (Me saying I didn't like it for 4 reasons, was me not liking the four aspect in and of themselves). A large part of me actually liked it, because I felt that beating was justice for all the times Cena had beaten Jericho clean (He beat Jericho in his first PPV Dammit)

Yea, Cena didn't have to face Lesnar 3 times, if Lesnar was going to end the fued with the title. I would have much rather had Orton face Lesnar as he was hot at the time with his whole RKO meme thing.

Zayn's doesn't count cause he's not in the main roster. Furthermore, Zayn hasn't proven he can draw as a heel. He's a fantastic face, no doubt, but Rollins has been face and heel and performed well. Wrestling ability is a wash, I think they are both tremendous talents. Rollins is better on the Mic to me, but Zayn has more inherent charisma (hence why people love him so much).

Also I don't know how you can complain about Cena burying people and not mention Punk? Punk could main event a PPV to save his life unless he was facing Cena?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@comicstooge:

Ambrose could have a contender yes, WWE did drop the ball on him.

So Cena Burying the roster is bad, but for Brock its fine :p

Brock didn't bury anyone. He made Seth look like a champ multiple times. You know how little he's had to do with the roster.

@laflux said:

Yea, Cena didn't have to face Lesnar 3 times, if Lesnar was going to end the fued with the title. I would have much rather had Orton face Lesnar as he was hot at the time with his whole RKO meme thing.

Agreed.

@laflux said:

@comicstooge:

Zayn's doesn't count cause he's not in the main roster. Furthermore, Zayn hasn't proven he can draw as a heel. He's a fantastic face, no doubt, but Rollins has been face and heel and performed well.

I don't think he can be a heel. He couldn't draw heat if he tried. Seriously, just look at his face.

That does't make him any worse a performer. Ricky Steamboat was one of the greatest ever and he never once went heel.

@laflux said:

Also I don't know how you can complain about Cena burying people and not mention Punk? Punk could main event a PPV to save his life unless he was facing Cena?

True.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@comicstooge:

Zayn's doesn't count cause he's not in the main roster. Furthermore, Zayn hasn't proven he can draw as a heel. He's a fantastic face, no doubt, but Rollins has been face and heel and performed well.

I don't think he can be a heel. He couldn't draw heat if he tried. Seriously, just look at his face.

That does't make him any worse a performer. Ricky Steamboat was one of the greatest ever and he never once went heel.

Ehh, I think it does to an extent. No saying he isn't great, but the faces of WWE/WCW have always been able to be big heels and faces.

Hogan, HBK, Hart, Rock, SCSA etc.

If we go a tier down Booker, Jericho, HHH, Edge, Angle etc.

All have been despised heels and loved faces. It does limit you, if you can only play one role well.

Brock didn't bury anyone. He made Seth look like a champ multiple times. You know how little he's had to do with the roster.

Not directly but by proxy. Cena's overly strong booking, combined with his sqaush match against brock, meant that the options to face him were limited. Rollins was being booked as one of the top heels, so he's an exception, but he also had the advantage of the Authority working for him.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When cm punk got signed to the ufc at 36 years old with 0 mma fights. He will either never fight or get the absolute sh*t kicked out of him....

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When cm punk got signed to the ufc at 36 years old with 0 mma fights. He will either never fight or get the absolute sh*t kicked out of him....

Apperently he's shown real promise so far, and has been training like a beast.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@thenaughtytitan said:

Apperently he's shown real promise so far, and has been training like a beast.

No he has not. That is BS thrown out by the gym he is training at(roufusport.) Anyone can look impressive in training and I guarantee he does not even look impressive. Punk also had a fight held in the gym with no cams and a crowd to simulate a cage fight, he lost according to his coach.

Punk is going to get the sh*t kicked out of him even if he is placed against the worst guy in the division(I think punk said he was fighting at welter weight)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:
@laflux said:

@comicstooge:

Ehh, I think it does to an extent. No saying he isn't great, but the faces of WWE/WCW have always been able to be big heels and faces.

Hogan, HBK, Hart, Rock, SCSA etc.

If we go a tier down Booker, Jericho, HHH, Edge, Angle etc.

All have been despised heels and loved faces. It does limit you, if you can only play one role well.

Rey Mysterio? Tito Santana? Ultimate Warrior (take this one with a grain of salt, obviously)?

I have no doubt he could be a heel talent-wise, however I think his rapport with the audience is just too strong to not like him.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Rey Mysterio actually was part of a heel stable for a short period of time :p

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ComicStooge

@laflux said:

@comicstooge: Rey Mysterio actually was part of a heel stable for a short period of time :p

LWO doesn't count. He couldn't strike out on his own as a convincing heel

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

LWO doesn't count. He couldn't strike out on his own as a convincing heel

:P

Gravelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel Bryan winning the title.

Sami Zayn winning the NXT title.

Debuts of Itami, Owens, and Balor.

All of those are good picks for me.