Best Video Game VS Worst Video Game

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nelomaxwell

What is the best and worst video game that you've ever played. Name them and why they were the best or worst.

Best

Xenogears: Compelling characters, engaging story and was a long game.

Worst

Dragon Age: Characters were uninteresting, story was run of the mill and the customize feature sucked.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best

Metal Gear Solid. Do I really need to explain myself? Groundbreaking gameplay, heralded the stealth genre as a whole, fun, interesting, and versatile set of characters, some of the most epic and legendary boss fights in all of gaming, mind blowing and unpredictable twists one after the other, mastered mystery and suspense, heartbreaking emotions, and of course the end message: don't be ruled by your genes. Truly inspiring.

Worst

Splinter Cell. After playing MGS I was hyped to get my hands on Splinter Cell, but it was just horrible. Clunky as f*** gameplay, nonexistent story, forgettable characters, the only good thing was Michael Ironside's voice.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Dragon Age Origins or 2?

Best

Kingdom Hearts. How a game that had no right being so amazing turned out as such I'll never know. Characters you care about, an surprisingly complex story and great gameplay, the only thing better is Kingdom Hearts 2. The only downside is it's sequels keep being released on multiple platforms making the plot ludicrously hard to follow.

Worst

Can't really think of a game I actively dislike, but I do find the Uncharted series highly overrated.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best

Arkham City. That is the best game I ever played.

Worst

I can't think of any games that I dislike. I guess Deadpool disappointed me a little...

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Best.

Uncharted 2. Great story, it feels like a movie. Best Graphics and a great multiplayer mode.

Worst

Alcatraz Prison Escape. Horrible story, bad graphics, and really bad overall gameplay.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nelomaxwell
14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By 14NC3

Best

The last of us. So exciting, feels like a movie, twists i love and made me care a lot about the characters. The A I needs to be improved a lot though. (going to change to gta 5 soon...)

Worst

I recently played superman 64. All you do is fly through rings while being times. That's it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best

Super Smash Bros N64, Super Mario 64, Super Metroid, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3, Goldeneye, Star Wars Battlefront, Halo 2 and Gears of War.

Worst

Any movie video game. For example, Meet the Robinsons or Iron Man 2.

Exceptions: Batman Begins and that old ps2 jet li game.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I think people are misunderstanding the meaning of "worst" here and switching it in with "overrated" or "underwhelming".

A quick example of some of the "worst" video games ever created:

• Superman 64
  • Big Rigs: Over the Road
  • Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
  • Charlie's Angels
  • Blackwater
  • Custer's Revenge
  • E.T.
Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people are misunderstanding the meaning of "worst" here and switching it in with "overrated" or "underwhelming".

A quick example of some of the "worst" video games ever created:

• Superman 64
  • Big Rigs: Over the Road
  • Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
  • Charlie's Angels
  • Blackwater
  • Custer's Revenge
  • E.T.

To be fair all of it is opinion but, I will agree that some of it seems like overrated or underwhelming.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: Absolutely it comes down to someone's personal opinion, but stating something to be the absolute "worst" simply because you disliked it is a completely different thing.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@deranged_midget: I suppose. I guess it all comes down to ones own personal truth.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator

BEST

Real Life: It was the best of times it was the end of times. Its been a long and lonely trip but I’m glad I took it cause it was well worth it. Got to read a couple books and do some research before I reached my verdict. Never thought that I was perfect. Always thought that I had a purpose. And I use to wonder if I’d live to see my first kiss. The most difficult thing that I did was recite my own words at a service. Realizing the person I was addressing probably wasn’t looking down from heaven or cooking up something in hell’s kitchen, trying to listen in or ease drop from some other dimension.

WORST

Real Life: It's the hard-knock life for us! It's the hard-knock life for us! 'Steada treated, We get tricked! 'Steada kisses, We get kicked! It's the hard-knock life! Got no folks to speak of, so, It's the hard-knock row we how! Cotton blankets, 'Steada of wool! Empty Bellies 'Steada of full! It's the hard-knock life! Don't if feel like the wind is always howl'n? Don't it seem like there's never any light! Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in? It's easier than puttin' up a fight. No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy! No one cares if you grow... of if you shrink! No one cares when your eyes get wet an' weepy!

Game had some interesting characters, the supporting cast helped me get through boss battles, I had to press continue a lot, died a lot, managed to grind in some hard dungeons a lot, managed to get better weapons, better armor, phoenix downs, some potions. 3-D graphics were lifelike, a few glitches, ended up needing a few stitches. Appreciated some of the twists, didn't like having to sacrifice some of my party members, sound track was good, plot was okay, pretty good for a game played everyday. I've unlocked two endings, still trying for the bonus extra happy one, not sure how long I have to try, thats still pending.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

I'll Just list a top 5 for each (Random Order):

Best

• Mass Effect
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • The Walking Dead
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Metroid Prime would be on here, but I haven't played enough of it yet.

Worst

• Superman 64
  • Batman: Dark TomorrowThor: God of Thunder

Can't think of any other games I would call the worst I've ever played. I hated Injustice: Gods Among Us and found Call of Duty 2 highly overrated, but I wouldn't say they're the worst games I've ever played.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Best:

Most of Nintendo's 1st party stuff,TES,Fallout,Mass Effect, Bioshock 1 and Infinite, Kingdom Hearts, and Uncharted are some of my favorites.

Worst:

Superman 64, Hey You Pikachu, tons of NES/SNES stuff, Sonic 06.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Best: Assassin's Creed.

Interesting and likable characters, ideological themes about Order/Law vs Freedom/Chaos, interaction with historical figures, amazing soundtracks, engaging gameplay and thought-provoking storyline and a great stealth mechanic that makes you feel like a true assassin.

Worst: Thor God of Thunder

God of War generic rip-off that is mind-boggingly boring.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Best - Dark Souls, Yoshi's Island, Fire Emblem (series), Earthbound trilogy, Elder Scrolls (series)

Worst - Final Fantasy XIII, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mikethekiller

out of the games I have right now

Best - Skyrim

Worst - Street Fighter x Tekken

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

Best: Psychonauts

Worst: Superman 64

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@sc said:

BEST

Real Life: It was the best of times it was the end of times. Its been a long and lonely trip but I’m glad I took it cause it was well worth it. Got to read a couple books and do some research before I reached my verdict. Never thought that I was perfect. Always thought that I had a purpose. And I use to wonder if I’d live to see my first kiss. The most difficult thing that I did was recite my own words at a service. Realizing the person I was addressing probably wasn’t looking down from heaven or cooking up something in hell’s kitchen, trying to listen in or ease drop from some other dimension.

WORST

Real Life: It's the hard-knock life for us! It's the hard-knock life for us! 'Steada treated, We get tricked! 'Steada kisses, We get kicked! It's the hard-knock life! Got no folks to speak of, so, It's the hard-knock row we how! Cotton blankets, 'Steada of wool! Empty Bellies 'Steada of full! It's the hard-knock life! Don't if feel like the wind is always howl'n? Don't it seem like there's never any light! Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in? It's easier than puttin' up a fight. No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy! No one cares if you grow... of if you shrink! No one cares when your eyes get wet an' weepy!

Game had some interesting characters, the supporting cast helped me get through boss battles, I had to press continue a lot, died a lot, managed to grind in some hard dungeons a lot, managed to get better weapons, better armor, phoenix downs, some potions. 3-D graphics were lifelike, a few glitches, ended up needing a few stitches. Appreciated some of the twists, didn't like having to sacrifice some of my party members, sound track was good, plot was okay, pretty good for a game played everyday. I've unlocked two endings, still trying for the bonus extra happy one, not sure how long I have to try, thats still pending.

I think you got it wrong, because my real life is like the BioShock games : they all have a disappointing ending and have no replay value.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you got it wrong, because my real life is like the BioShock games : they all have a disappointing endings and have no replay value.

I..uh..wha...that is a joke.
Yeah...a joke.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

I think you got it wrong, because my real life is like the BioShock games : they all have a disappointing endings and have no replay value.

I..uh..wha...that is a joke.

Yeah...a joke.

?

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Splinter Cell is legit your worst video game ever played? Bro, you need to get out more.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best: Assassin's Creed II

Worst: Minecraft. Seriously, its a waste of time and doesn't meet the hype the majority of people say it is.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Splinter Cell is legit your worst video game ever played? Bro, you need to get out more.

That's his opinion let him have it.

I'm sure the many Mine craft fans would disagree with you.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nelomaxwell: I guess. But he ranted SC pretty badly considering Blacklist got a 9.2 rating from IGN and MGR got 8.5

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SC  Moderator

Best

Vagrant Story: Was really hard trying to choose, I wanted to put Final Fantasy 9 here, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear 4, Shadow Of Colossus, Tekken 2, so many many games I loved. I am go with Vagrant Story since I find it underrated, it had comic book dialogue boxes, awesome visual art style, nice game mechanics, and deep story, great soundtrack and awesome cool dragons and tattoos.

Worst

Tekken 4: I don't really play that many games, so playing bad games is kind of hard. After fighting the Devil in Tekken 2, and an ancient Fighting God in Ogre in Tekken 2, fighting Heihachi in a white thong was a bit of a let down boss wise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: yeah Tekken 2 was a pretty good game. End of the game videos for each character and the boss fight with that devil dude always left me in awe.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SC  Moderator

@silkyballfro94 said:

@sc: yeah Tekken 2 was a pretty good game. End of the game videos for each character and the boss fight with that devil dude always left me in awe.

In my opinion it had the best soundtrack of any Tekken as well. It wasn't just all electro pop, some stages were like gothic ambient, others had cathedral bells, some were mellow meadow music, some were instrumental, just a lot more variety. Like in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 you can important the soundtracks from all the previous Tekken games and most of my stages are set to Tekken 2 heh heh. ^__^

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell: I guess. But he ranted SC pretty badly considering Blacklist got a 9.2 rating from IGN and MGR got 8.5

Metal Gear Rising isn't really comparable to the actual Metal Gear series starring Snake and it's signature stealth gameplay which isn't all too dissimilar with Splinter Cell. But I agree, Splinter Cell is by no means a terrible game or the worst for that matter. It just comes down to personal preference. I have enjoyed Splinter Cell more than I have Metal Gear.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I guess if you compared MGS to Splinter Cell based on the stealth genre, than MGS takes it. Though I wouldn't say the gameplay for SC is clunky at all, and the story for Blacklist or Conviction or even Double Agent can be made into awesome films. Tom Hardy has a spot reserved for being Sam Fisher in their upcoming film. I guess it is just about personal preferences.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best game: Deadly Premonition

Worst game: Deadly Premonition