Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Best Superhero film series (49 votes)

X-men (also counting both Wolverine films) 16%
Iron man 10%
The Dark knight trilogy 63%
Batman (90's films) 2%
Superman (the original movies) 0%
Ghost Rider 0%
Spiderman (early 2000's-2008 films) 6%
Hulk films 0%
Other 2%

That was all I could think of, sorry if your favorite is not on the list. ANIMATED movies do NOT count.

I have no idea if the Incredible Hulk is a sequel or reboot to the Hulk.

#1 Posted by Wolverine08 (45153 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman currently holds the title of best superhero title, but IMO, I have a feeling that when it is all said and done, the Avenger's trilogy will be better than Batman's.

#2 Edited by TheWolverine04 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Men in Black and Hellboy

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Trilogy... I think The Terminator Trilogy ( The First Three Films with Arnold ) are Second.

#4 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's will probably be the most memorable, but I'd give it to the Avengers or Dark Knight.

#5 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6294 posts) - - Show Bio

DK trilogy and it will be that way for awhile.

#6 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

DK Trilogy, we have yet to see anything surpassing it. Second place goes to Spider-Man, third to Iron Man, fourth to Hellboy. The X-series is enjoyable but way too inconsistent with some movies - I haven't enjoyed anything from it since X2.

#7 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18786 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Dark Knight Trilogy
  2. Iron Man Trilogy

nothing else worth ranking at the moment IMO. X-Men is just a pile of mess right now. Hopefully Days of Future Past will help solve everything, but right now there is too much conflict between X3 and First class.

Spider Man might be #3 by default...but considering I like TASM and where its going more, I won't rank it 3.

Reeve's Superman would be nice to rank...but #3 and #4 were just so horrible I can't do it.

Does Blade count? That trilogy isn't bad aside from #3 Not sure I'd rank it though

If they made a Hellboy 3 that was in line with the other 2, I'd rank that #3 no problem.

#8 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Trilogy by far.

#9 Posted by tparks (5235 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by JediXMan (31251 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight trilogy, followed by the X-Men trilogy. Sure, the third movie wasn't that good, but the first two certainly were.

#11 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know if the Incredible Hulk is a sequel to the Hulk or a reboot? Some people say it is a sequel while others say it is a reboot.

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight trilogy, no contest.

#13 Edited by cattlebattle (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames said:

Does anyone know if the Incredible Hulk is a sequel to the Hulk or a reboot? Some people say it is a sequel while others say it is a reboot.

Its a blatant reboot. Bruce admits to have not seen Betty Ross in a long time in the "Incredible Hulk". That would not be true if it had followed the events of Hulk

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20428 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Trilogy. Batman Begins was great, The Dark Knight was excellent, and The Dark Knight Rises was good.

#15 Edited by Deranged Midget (17854 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of quality, The Dark Knight trilogy takes the cake. Both the X-Men and Spider-Man films are right up there as well.

#16 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers was the greatest superhero film of all time.

But.... The Dark Knight series was definitely the greatest superhero Trilogy so far.

#17 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight Trilogy.

#18 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, seriously?

The Dark Knight Trilogy. It's not even fair.

#19 Posted by Mucklefluga (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the easiest questions ive seen, TDK by a landslide.

#20 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (481 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Trilogy almost gets it by default, because it's the only superhero franchise that didn't have a dud.

#21 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Knight

#22 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't wan't to start a flame war... but i don't like nolan's batman. *flame shield up* i picked x-men.

#23 Posted by Thorverine (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers was the greatest superhero film of all time.

But.... The Dark Knight series was definitely the greatest superhero Trilogy so far.

I'll testify to that

#24 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men. So far . . .

#25 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade. The third one sucked of course but the first two were very good in my opinion.

#26 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why blade continues to get overlooked by everyone. Blade 1 and 2 were fantastic! At least for me. Blade 3 was average, but it also had its great moments. But as of now, i'd go with the TDK trilogy. Even though I disliked TDKR. TDK carried the trilogy, and Batman Begins was good.

TDKR wasn't as bad as spiderman 3, or XMen 3. It was just average. So as someone else stated, it wins it by default.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (25531 posts) - - Show Bio

TDK trilogy easily.

#28 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to list Blade, Fantastic 4, and Hellboy. Sorry to anyone who liked those films.

I'm surprised TDK Trilogy is winning by a long shot. Everyone I talked to said it was too dark and violent. (Umm... Isn't Batman supposed to be dark and violent lol)