Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jaken7: Because I'm not already convinced to play RC? Or read those novels? Unless somebody can actually compel me to, I won't be doing so. @jedixman has made half-hearted attempts to get me to do so, but he also stopped for some reason.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@immortal777: You have literally the worst opinion I've ever seen in my life.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: But why do you need to be convinced? You have been made aware of it, so now play it. Unless you dislike good things of course...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Republic Commando sucks a$$.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Meh. Not anywhere near the level of blasphemy your previous comment was.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars 1313 should get an honorable mention even though we'll never know just how great the game would have been.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

The Force Unleashed games are my favorite.

The games are decent but I feel they eventually become boring...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: How does that influence my decision to play RC? I do not plan on playing every SW game simply because of an SW title, and certainly not games that don't even catch my attention.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F*ck you Disney.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Pfft. Yeah. Why would being a fan of Batman influence you to play the Arkham games? It isn't like fans enjoy media about the things they are fans of. /sarcasm

What a ridiculous question.

It's a very good game, and the subject matter is Star Wars. I don't see what there is to be actively disinterested in. No one said you are expected to play/read/watch everything with Star Wars in the title, but it makes sense that you'd be interested in the quality ones.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: So what? Quality is subjective. As I said, it does not interest me. You'll have to do better than that if you want me to play it. I'm not convinced it'll be a quality experience for me, or worth money spent. Tell me why I should play it aside from it being some quality SW game, which I've heard people claim TFU was, and then I might actually consider it.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: But you haven't said why it doesn't interest you. That's the problem I'm having. You are going out of your way to be disinterested in it without any reason. It's Star Wars. It's good. What more do you want? You mentioned liking the goddammn RotS game. Your standard for what is of a high quality and what is interesting is rather low.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: The best reason to play Republic Commando is.......................................because you should play it *Force Persuade*.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I'm just not interested. There's nothing to impress me. How much simpler do you want it to be?

The RotS game I played because I got it for free, and I enjoyed it for varying reasons. I am not getting RC for free, so tell me why I should be playing it.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ShootingNova

@immortal777: Nope.

Try to use a mind trick on me again; you'll die before you start.

LOL. :P

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: You do get my reference, don't you?

Hint: It has to do with my avatar.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: How do you know there is nothing to impress you if you haven't played it?

How am I supposed to convince you when I don't even know the reason why you're disinterested? I can't exactly give a rebuttal as to why you shouldn't be disinterested by the mysterious reason that you are disinterested if I don't know what the said mysterious reasoning behind your disinterest even is.

My head hurts.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShootingNova

@jaken7: You're asking me to waste money and time to just test a game out, and then decide whether my impressions of it would be good enough for me to buy it? No.

My disinterest is not founded on the grounds of disliking something, but on the grounds of simply not being interested. Unless you change that by telling me whatis good about it, then this discussion is pointless. I'm meant to receive reasons as to why I buy a product, not give reasons as to why I shouldn't buy one.

I've read a synopsis on the game and watched one or two videos - nothing appealed to me. So tell me, why should I buy the game? What makes it so good?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yes, people usually form opinions after being exposed to something. Go figure. -_-

Except that's exactly what you're doing. You are giving me reasons (and going out of your way to do so) as to why you aren't buying it. You said that "you don't think it'll be a quality experience for you, or worth money spent." Why give reasons not to buy it if you just said yourself it should be the other way around? You've been recommended it by 2 people knowledgeable about Star Wars and you don't have a reason to dislike it (as you yourself said), so at that point, isn't it at least worth a shot? Or are you so conceded that you'd never trust someone to be able to accurately discern your tastes? Or do you just not put any stock into JXM and I's opinions at all? Either way, that's pretty sad.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JakeN7

@shootingnova: *sigh* An actual relevant edit (containing info that would've been appropriate to lead off with, and that would've saved us both a lot of time, but whatever).

Don't play it then. If you've actually been exposed to it that much and you didn't like it, then that's fine. Move on.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

1. People watch other people's reviews, or ads, in order to find reasons for interest. They don't buy products to see if they will want to buy it. That makes no sense at all.

2. The possessive of me or I is my, not I's. In any case, your argument doesn't work because the entire premise of advertising is to give reasons as to why products are to be bought. Somebody tells you whether you should buy it or not and presents reasons for such, not asking you why you like it or not. That's not how things work in real life.

3. Well, then, we've finally reached a conclusion.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Season 7 episode 1

One of my favorite characters in the show(who enjoys human food), showing everyone who... is...... BOSS and he's..... name..... is....... Death.

Loading Video...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Yeah. I was referring to this:

Loading Video...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways, let's stop derailing the thread. But since this is about SW games, could somebody tell me what is with the RC hype? Unless it's just TFU hype over again.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: Everybody does.

Anyway,

Anyways, let's stop derailing the thread. But since this is about SW games, could somebody tell me what is with the RC hype? Unless it's just TFU hype over again.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: 1. Yes. Those all count as exposure.

2. That is incorrect as well. "JXM and my opinion" is wrong, as it doesn't fit with the context of JXM sharing the opinion. The alternative, "me and JXM's opinion" is incorrect as well, as it is not "me and you," but "you and I." Seeing as how there isn't a proper alternative, my phrasing is acceptable due to it being commonplace and being the only plausible sentence structure left after the process of elimination. Yes, which is why I told you it is Star Wars. That appeals to you, the demographic that would buy this game as a Star Wars fan, and I've told you that it's very good as well.

3. Somehow I doubt it...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Emperorb777

@shootingnova: I don't know what the hype is I'm not sure if I even played RC or not it's been like 10 years. I would say wait until it's on sale or bundle or free then play it because it is an outdated game.

RC= pretty fun

TFU=crap

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ShootingNova

@jaken7:

1. Few are senseless enough to waste their money and buy something they aren't sure they're interested in to begin with.

2. "I's" does not exist in any proper context to begin with, and yes, JXM and my opinion(s) is gramatically correct, at least from where I'm from (though I doubt that would be relevant). Just because it sounds strange or whatever your reasoning was is really not an excuse for anything. But if you want to avoid such debate, then you say our opinion.

3. There's plenty of Star Wars fans that were addicted to TOR and TFU. That hardly gives me an incentive to play either. Telling me it's good is as good as telling me TFU was good. Now, tell me, what makes it good? Good is subjective - therefore, claiming it is "good" is meaningless to me.

4. Well, that's unfortunate, then, isn't it?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: I'm referencing why Jake or JXM thought it was good, not just community hype (although I have heard some).

Again, what makes it fun?

TFU just sucks because... it does. In virtually every fashion.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

1. K?

2. It isn't correct.

3. Watch or read a review.

4. You're the one that replied.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ShootingNova

@jaken7:

1. I take that as a concession.

2. Yes, it is. "Our opinion" is certainly correct. Or you can just say "the opinion of JXM and I", but that would sound odd in modern English to begin with, simply because absolutely nobody says that.

3. I will, probably. I'm curious as to why you don't even know what's so good about that game, which you've been endorsing for this whole thread.

4. No, you're the one who responded to my original post (which was not in response to yours) and asked me about RC, then recommended that I should play it. Blame shifting comes in cheeky ways, but it doesn't work here. You literally told me that I should play it because I was exposed to it and it was from a brand I that I enjoy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I'm not sure what you were responding to. Seemed irrelevant.

2. "Our opinion" is not correct because the subject of "our" requires context, and I hadn't mentioned the pairing of JXM and I before that sentence.

3. I spent too much time trying to figure out where you were coming from that I was completely put off of spending the energy to recommend it to you in detail.

4. What does that have to do with anything? We were talking about the conclusion of this exchange. After you mentioned that it was concluded, I said I doubted that it was, as I was certain you would reply to the very comment I was making. Lo and behold, you did.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I don't remember what made it fun at the time just that I enjoyed it like Jedi Academy, I've played so many games over the years it's all just a blur lol. All I can say is wait on a steam sale or something it's not worth paying $10 for.

TFU should never had been made. With the whole Star destroyer thing, I remember putting my controller down and never picking it back up, I was finished with the franchise then and there.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ShootingNova

@jaken7:

1. I was making a statement at how people spend their money - wisely. And I responded to your number 1. Because, you know - 1 matches with 1?

2. Obviously, to use that sentence, you would have to mention him beforehand. I take that as something that doesn't require elucidation. In any case, we should drop this on the case of it being trivial, so I'll just withdraw from this especially since I gave you more than one alternative to begin with.

3. Cool story. I accept your concession.

4. Misinterpretation, then. But then, what do you gain for calling me out on responding to a point you made? You were the one expressing concerns as to the lack of conclusions being reached, so what does me responding to that have to do with anything?

And hit the reply button next time. Or did you spend so much time trying to find where I was coming from that you forgot to hit the button too?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

1. Your #1 seemed irrelevant to my #1.

2. Oh it was trivial the second you "corrected" me.

3. You're really cute with that. There is nothing to concede. I was just explaining to you why I didn't write an essay on why you should play RC.

4. Because it proved that a conclusion was not reached.

Again, very cute. You're the one to talk, as I've seen you specifically do that very thing many times. I believe I've even complained about it in the past.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

• Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Still one of my all time favourite games
  • Both KOTOR's,
  • Demolition on PS1
  • Force Unleashed on PS2, didn't like the PS3 one at all.
  • The Revenge of the Sith game had the best duel system in it.
  • Lego Complete Saga seeing as its the only one you can play through all the films!
  • Racer Revenge on PS2
  • Battlefront 1 & 2
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@bruxae said:
  1. Kotor 1
  2. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  3. Kotor 2
  4. Battlefront 1
  5. Force Unleashed
  6. Battlefront 2
  7. Republic Commando
  8. Force Unleashed 2
  9. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  10. SWToR

Probably my top ten in order.

This generally sums up my opinions as well. Though I like Republic Commando A LOT.

And SWTOR higher simply cos my mmo friends are the shit :p

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BF II

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Knights of the Old Republic 1. The sequel was decent and I liked the revised combat, but the story was very lacking and mechanics-driven, the graphics weren't even slightly updated, and it was the #1 buggiest released game I have ever played by a very large margin (I never even finished it because after I killed Nihilus just... nothing happened).

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BF II

Avatar image for theknoledgeoflife
theknoledgeoflife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bruxae said:
  1. Kotor 1
  2. Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  3. Kotor 2
  4. Battlefront 1
  5. Force Unleashed
  6. Battlefront 2
  7. Republic Commando
  8. Force Unleashed 2
  9. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  10. SWToR

Probably my top ten in order.

This generally sums up my opinions as well. Though I like Republic Commando A LOT.

And SWTOR higher simply cos my mmo friends are the shit :p

I was actually thinking I should have put Republic Commando above Force Unleashed, it's been quite a few years since I played it so it's a bit hard to recall it completely. :P (along with some of the other older games)