... AHEM...
... AHEM...

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Final Fantasy 12 was so good.... Only FF Game I liked. The first Fables game was awesome, haven't played anything after.........

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

MASS EFFECT all the way.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

cough*Persona4*cough

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MASS EFFECT all the way.

Don't hold a candle to Fallout or WoW.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@jedixman: I know I plan to update it soon with more lol

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

1. Elder Scrolls

2. Mass Effect

3. Fallout

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sabracadabra

WOW.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@nelomaxwell said:

MASS EFFECT all the way.

Don't hold a candle to Fallout or WoW.

That's purely opinion, G. I fell asleep playing both of those.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#12  Edited By TheCannon

Mass Effect. Not even close.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pffft! Can't match Fallout. It has much better and much more sophisticated RPG elements. Also Skyrim.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Accurate.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@thecannon said:

Pffft! Can't match Fallout. It has much better and much more sophisticated RPG elements. Also Skyrim.

I would counter that Mass Effect had better character development and storytelling barring the last game. From a writing standpoint it's one of the best written RPG's of the modern era. I'd say it's on par with Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden and FF6 as far as storytelling and characterization goes. Elements are a different thing a game can have all mechanics in the world that doesn't make it a good game, the heart of RPG's is story. Then again it depends on which school of RPG fan you come from. I'm a JRPG fan hands down so for me Mass Effect does it.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Fable was my favorite. I played Elder Scrolls a lot though.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WarBlade539

@nelomaxwell said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@thecannon said:

I would counter that Mass Effect had better character development and storytelling barring the last game. From a writing standpoint it's one of the best written RPG's of the modern era. I'd say it's on par with Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden and FF6 as far as storytelling and characterization goes. Elements are a different thing a game can have all mechanics in the world that doesn't make it a good game, the heart of RPG's is story. Then again it depends on which school of RPG fan you come from. I'm a JRPG fan hands down so for me Mass Effect does it.

You do realize that I was just kidding, right?

Course the Mass Effect series is one of the best RPG's in the last decade. It had plenty of awesome story-telling, great character development, good RPG elements. But there are other games that beat it and do what it does, but only better. Of course, that is a matter of perception and opinion.

I love Western RPG's. Games like Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion. You know, games that feature a sophisticated levelling-up system, action progression system and various talent trees. And those, for me, are the essential aspects of an RPG. And games like Fallout and the Elder Scrolls series excel in that regard.

Games like Skyrim and Fallout feature a rich, diverse world with plenty of open-world action. It features a good main storyline but it's the side stories, the random events that occur and the wide variety of customization open to players that make these games special. After all, it's the gameplay that makes the game.

That being said, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3 and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor will absolutely murder the competition.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WarBlade539

@jedixman said:

Poll is incomplete.

ahem...
ahem...
... AHEM...
... AHEM...

Agree. Those were some of the greatest games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@thecannon said:

Course the Mass Effect series is one of the best RPG's in the last decade. It had plenty of awesome story-telling, great character development, good RPG elements. But there are other games that beat it and do what it does, but only better. Of course, that is a matter of perception and opinion.

I love Western RPG's. Games like Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion. You know, games that feature a sophisticated levelling-up system, action progression system and various talent trees. And those, for me, are the essential aspects of an RPG. And games like Fallout and the Elder Scrolls series excel in that regard.

Games like Skyrim and Fallout feature a rich, diverse world with plenty of open-world action. It features a good main storyline but it's the side stories, the random events that occur and the wide variety of customization open to players that make these games special. After all, it's the gameplay that makes the game.

That being said, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3 and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor will absolutely murder the competition.

Obviously I didn't know that you were joking, nor did I care to figure that out. I'm a writer so all the leveling in the world doesn't really matter to me if somethings poorly written but I ca see your point. Don't like Dragon Age (I don't like "customizable" games where I can't customize to look like myself. I haven't beaten Witcher 1 yet but I'm working on it and then on to number 2 then I'll buy 3, Not a Middle Earth fan.) Speaking of the Witcher I wrote a review for the comic. Take a look. I'll look into Skyrim, I'm a late buyer and just got back into gaming this year, so as long as it's on Steam I'll fuxx with it.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WarBlade539

@darkazrael999 said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@darkazrael999 said:

@thecannon said:

Obviously I didn't know that you were joking, nor did I care to figure that out. I'm a writer so all the leveling in the world doesn't really matter to me if somethings poorly written but I ca see your point. Don't like Dragon Age (I don't like "customizable" games where I can't customize to look like myself. I haven't beaten Witcher 1 yet but I'm working on it and then on to number 2 then I'll buy 3, Not a Middle Earth fan.) Speaking of the Witcher I wrote a review for the comic. Take a look. I'll look into Skyrim, I'm a late buyer and just got back into gaming this year, so as long as it's on Steam I'll fuxx with it.

All of the games I've mentioned feature fantastic storylines; on par and if not, better than Mass Effect.
RPG games are defined by their Role-Playing elements. Levelling up system, morality choices etc. The RPG elements of Mass Effect are primitive in comparison to games like The Witcher 2 or Fallout: New Vegas. Thanks for the link, mate. I'll check it out.

Here's Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I highly recommend you watch this video, my friend. You may like it.

Loading Video...

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.FF

2.Mass Effect

3.The rest

This thread lacks Kingdom Hearts.

Transformaa