• 55 results
Posted by BlackLegRaph (665 posts) 8 months, 15 days ago

Poll: Best of the big 4 Anime? (40 votes)

Naruto 43%
One Piece 45%
Bleach 13%
Fairy Tail 0%

Which do you think is best and why? Reasons are very important! I was thinking of excluding Fairy Tail, but then thought why the hell not.

#1 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5952 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ should be here, but Naruto.

#2 Edited by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

#3 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

#4 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is there no choice for none of the above? That kind of anime holds no interest for me.

#5 Edited by Sebast_Allen (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

#6 Posted by darkbeam (2161 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto I like the story and I love all the characters,and I just like how they always push them selves and they never give up.Plus they gave us the best manga villain team of all time Akatsuki in my opinion lol.

#7 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Naruto at a whopping 100%

#8 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

But what kishi is up to these days is depressing quite frankly, over 3 quarters of shippuden where like improv, he just wrote as he went, and has it went...

#9 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by _Atomikill_ (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of these 4, sadly Naruto.

If DBZ was popped in, however, there'd be some massive changes.

#11 Posted by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

One piece is the only with stable plot that doesn't jump the shark.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm225 said:

Why is there no choice for none of the above? That kind of anime holds no interest for me.

It's called the "back button" at the top left hand side of your screen.

#13 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm225 said:

It's called the "back button" at the top left hand side of your screen.

Oh, I see it now. Thanks

#14 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15321 posts) - - Show Bio

5th option: DBZ

6th option: they're all bad.

I choose 6.

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto isn't an anime.

It's a social experiment, created to expose undesirables.

#16 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10410 posts) - - Show Bio

But what kishi is up to these days is depressing quite frankly, over 3 quarters of shippuden where like improv, he just wrote as he went, and has it went...

That's 100% of Bleach lol

#17 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10410 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the anime version for all these series, but if we were talking manga, then Naruto.

p.s Fairy Tail is garbage Anime and Manga wise.

#18 Posted by Thitiki (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto is garbage now anyone that is caught up on the manga I hope agrees with me. Kishi ruined Obito and the end of him was laughable. I think One Piece is the best story and action wise.

#19 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I don't feel like that's an appropriate response to what I said. Insulting my intelligence by suggesting I don't understand the concept of the back button just because I felt like there should be an option for my opinion on a poll doesn't seem to fit. When you make a poll with what you consider are the top four animes you should leave an option for people who may disagree with those four. So an option for none of the above or other would have allowed you to get a much wider opinion which, if I'm not mistaken, is what the purpose of a poll is.

#20 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even know what Fairy Tail is.

Naruto has been the best up until recently, when the plot just became ridiculously stuffed and convuluted and Kishimoto clearly lost all respect for his own characters.

#21 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

One Piece.

#22 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9562 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach for art.

One Piece for about everything else.

#23 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23370 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach.

#24 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairy Tale is there... but not DBZ?! DBZ and its not a contest. Naruto worships Goku.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16: Yeah, Naruto is pretty bad now, though as a whole, I like it more than the others.

#26 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: There are still a lot of good ideas hidden among the mess that Naruto has devolved into... enough for me to sporadically keep up with the series. It just feels as though Kishimoto keeps trying to take the story to interesting places, but then can never commit to it and derails the whole thing with a few scoops of stupidity. I've complained in the past that the Sasuke character arc dragged way too long, but then when some substantial development finally came, it was in the most half-assed way possible and his sudden character 180 is absurdly contrived. The power scales are out of control and all of Naruto's signature cleverness and strategy in combat, which has always set apart from other brawlers such as DBZ, has been eschewed in favor of seeing who has the most raw power. Obito's resolution was laughable, and I just can't bring myself to care about Madara anymore. Characterization as a whole is all over the place, but the worst part? After filling this world with a massive cast of diverse characters, Kishimoto has proven himself reluctant to truly develop most of them, and unable to commit to killing anyone off. Itachi should have stayed gone after his grand battle with Sasuke, and how many times has Orichimaru crawled out of the grave now?

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get that out of my system. All I see when I read Naruto now is a bunch of wasted potential with the occasional diamond in the rough.

#27 Posted by HumanRocket (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

A choice for "none of the above" or DBZ should have been there.

#28 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairy Tale is there... but not DBZ?! DBZ and its not a contest. Naruto worships Goku.

Seriously, what the hell IS Fairy Tale? I'll admit that I don't keep up with Manga/Anime all that extensively these days, but how is it possible that I'm not even familiar with one of the supposed "big four?" DBZ should DEFINITELY be on the list.

#29 Posted by nishi99 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairy Tail is great if you'r looking for a good shonen comedy. But if you want a more serious shonen then you should go for Naruto or Bleach.

#30 Edited by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: There are still a lot of good ideas hidden among the mess that Naruto has devolved into... enough for me to sporadically keep up with the series. It just feels as though Kishimoto keeps trying to take the story to interesting places, but then can never commit to it and derails the whole thing with a few scoops of stupidity. I've complained in the past that the Sasuke character arc dragged way too long, but then when some substantial development finally came, it was in the most half-assed way possible and his sudden character 180 is absurdly contrived. The power scales are out of control and all of Naruto's signature cleverness and strategy in combat, which has always set apart from other brawlers such as DBZ, has been eschewed in favor of seeing who has the most raw power. Obito's resolution was laughable, and I just can't bring myself to care about Madara anymore. Characterization as a whole is all over the place, but the worst part? After filling this world with a massive cast of diverse characters, Kishimoto has proven himself reluctant to truly develop most of them, and unable to commit to killing anyone off. Itachi should have stayed gone after his grand battle with Sasuke, and how many times has Orichimaru crawled out of the grave now?

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get that out of my system. All I see when I read Naruto now is a bunch of wasted potential with the occasional diamond in the rough.

I couldn't agree with you more. Also, I'm a bit tired of Naruto converting all of his enemies into friends and letting them see the "error of their ways" it's getting repetative. it's been going on ever since the Zabuza arc, then Gaara, Pein, Obito, it's why I liked Orochimaru so much, he was just evil through and through. Also, I agree with the characterization. You have a LOT of good characters but unless you're an Uchiha or a Jinchuriki, you get nothing.

#31 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, everyone who is complaining about DBZ not being here, get rid of the nostalgia and go back, rewatch some episodes. The show wasn't nearly as good as everyone makes it out to be. It's better than Bleach, but Naruto and One Piece are leagues above it.

#32 Edited by BlackLegRaph (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I was just about to explain that, but you took the words right out of my mouth.

Anyway, I guess I should give my own 2 cents about this. I pick One Piece because it has an absolutely amazing plot (the best of any shonen I've seen), great characters and never fails to make me laugh. Plus the creativity is through the roof. I never would have expected a talking reindeer, self-made cyborg and living skeleton to be part of a pirate crew.

My second would be Naruto because it has been far more consistent than Bleach. Everyone knows about Aizen's trolling by now, but even the newest manga arc (although praised a lot) has too many glaring problems :/ Right now I'm just keeping up to see all the bankais and for pretty much no other reason. The only thing that scares me with Naruto (I'm an anime only watcher that only reads Bleach for closure) is that my brother who reads the manga said that they spend whole chapters just talking and talking and talking, and i've heard a lot of 'talk no jutsu' going around. How is the anime supposed to animate that without making it boring?

Fairy Tail gets a lot of hate, but it's not nearly as bad as the haters make it out to be. That said, it is even more so not nearly as good as the fans make it out to be. It seems like Mashima was trying to make the 'new one piece' without add much originality of his own.

#33 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9496 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure bleach is not considered in the big four (three) anymore. Toriko took its place......

I don't know about Fairy Tail though. I don't read it.

Oh, and I picked One Piece. It's easily the best manga out of the choices. It's the only one that has stayed conistently popular in Japan, and is actually their top manga. The only reason why Bleach and Naruto do better over here is because of that sh!tty 4kids dub and......Weebos. America is full of Weebos......ughhh....and we all know weebos love swords and ninjas

Bleach is a joke. I just read it because Kubo is a fun troll.

Naruto is lame. Seriously, how many times can you save somebody with friendship? How many times will this kid get a super saiyan power up? When will he lose his boner for sasuke? Were the other important characters in part one just forgotten about? Can you mess up the power scaling anymore? I kind of hate this manga. It has the same issues as Bleach, but Kubo just ran with it. Kishi is still pretending he has a good story.

I read Fairy Tail for about a year, and then I realized I was just reading a poor mans One Piece.

#34 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

OP #1, all other shonen lives in their shadow

Toriko looks promising

Nanatsu no Taizai > Fairy Tail

#35 Posted by KingOfAsh (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really into any of the mainstream shounen stuff, but if I were to pick one, Toriko

#36 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo princearagon, i voted naruto

#37 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really into any of the mainstream shounen stuff, but if I were to pick one, Toriko

needs mo lovin and they crap all over HST as a collective

#38 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach FTW

#39 Posted by Marshall_Long (1872 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know so many people liked Naruto better than One Piece, but I voted One Piece for being more Consistent than the other 3 even though I like Bleach and Naruto more, Fairy Tail I just read for the Lolz.

#40 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Farkam (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

This is like asking me to pick the best of 4 turds.

I'll just put it like this:

Smelliest: Fairy Fail

Stanky: Bleach

Lysol Worthy: Naruto

Least Stinky: One Piece

#42 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9303 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto, cus I hate the one piece crew.

#43 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the choices, One Piece. But my favorite shonen show and manga right now is Hunter X Hunter.

#44 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10410 posts) - - Show Bio

People, DBZ ended 15 years ago...get over it.

#45 Posted by patrat18 (9019 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto has wayyyy to many fillers. Onepiece takes this.

#46 Posted by TifaLockhart (14043 posts) - - Show Bio

Cowboy Bebop.

#47 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Rouflex (15099 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunter X Hunter or Fullmetal alchemist or Toriko or Dragon Ball Z

#49 Posted by Pierpat (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

OP takes this IMO

Bleach had more filler than actual canon, and i don't personally like naruto.

#50 Posted by Rouflex (15099 posts) - - Show Bio

One Piece.

Why is harley Quinn out of her universe?