incredible hulk 5%
#1 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

definitely the avengers.

#2 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers by a landscape.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7522 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#4 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The "best" Marvel film has to be the Avengers yes. My favourite is an entirely different story. :)

#5 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers

#6 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers

#7 Edited by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

First Class.

PS someone voted for Elektra on this poll. Proof that some people just want to watch the world burn.

#8 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Thor

2. Avengers

3. Incredible Hulk

#9 Edited by lilben42 (2550 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man that movie has the perfect balance of comedy, action, seriousness, and romance.

#10 Posted by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, it was fantastic, and I love how RDJ portrayed Tony.

#11 Posted by Immortal777 (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

So where is Blade I cant find it?

#12 Edited by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

More important question, who voted for Spider-Man 3 or Fantastic Four 2???

#13 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25164 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

#14 Posted by Immortal777 (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

More important question, who voted for Spider-Man 3 or Fantastic Four 2???

Why are those even on this list some of these movies shouldn't be listed.

#15 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man 3

#16 Edited by Teerack (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard the Duck for sure.

#17 Edited by theDCkid (889 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the first Punisher movie?, not my favourite but definitely one of the better ones imo.

#18 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

The "best" Marvel film has to be the Avengers yes. My favourite is an entirely different story. :)

I am curious good sir. What is your favorite Marvel film? For me the best and favorite are The Avengers.

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

SPIDER MAN 2

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America; the best and my favourite.

Avengers loses much of its sheen once you realise it's just 140 minutes of cheesy one-liners and explosions.

#21 Posted by sagejonathan (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Avengers. Iron Man was amazing also and I liked most of the other movies but none come close to the epicness of the Avengers.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I am curious good sir. What is your favorite Marvel film? For me the best and favorite are The Avengers.

The Amazing Spider-Man is my personal favourite! While it's not a perfect film, I greatly admire the casting choices and the direction the series is taking.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that's a wild card I never expected to see! :)

#24 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Now that's a wild card I never expected to see! :)

I loved Cap. I think that along with the original Superman film, it had the most "Superheroic" feeling to it. I walked out of that movie feeling inspired, which I think is the essence of supeheroes. =)

#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

The Amazing Spider-Man is my personal favourite! While it's not a perfect film, I greatly admire the casting choices and the direction the series is taking.

I enjoyed this film as well. I really don't get the hate it got.

#26 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18182 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#27 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Cap. I think that along with the original Superman film, it had the most "Superheroic" feeling to it. I walked out of that movie feeling inspired, which I think is the essence of supeheroes. =)

A very well put and accurate statement! Out of every actor to play a superhero (recently), besides possibly RDJ, Chris Evans captured what it truly meant to be the character he was playing. He represented what Cap stood for, his ideals and what he'd do to protect the lives of innocents, even if it meant putting his own life at risk.

It was easily my personal favourite stand-alone film alongside TASM! :)

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by jloneblackheart (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher (2004)

#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Evans was excellent in the role. Surprisingly good, tbh. He's largely a comedic-action actor, but he really brought it with Cap. Best part of the Avengers too (along with Hulk), imo. I have the Hot Toys Avengers Captain America on my shelf :D

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Evans was excellent in the role. Surprisingly good, tbh. He's largely a comedic-action actor, but he really brought it with Cap. Best part of the Avengers too (along with Hulk), imo. I have the Hot Toys Avengers Captain America on my shelf :D

THANK YOU! People criticized him greatly prior to his role in First Avenger, but he nailed it! I feel that out of the entire group of actors in the Avengers, he has the most dedication to the character and brings the most life and soul to what he does.

#32 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher (2004)

(Epic Brofist) After Cap, this is my second favourite.

@fadetoblackbolt said:

THANK YOU! People criticized him greatly prior to his role in First Avenger, but he nailed it! I feel that out of the entire group of actors in the Avengers, he has the most dedication to the character and brings the most life and soul to what he does.

And it's a harder role than Iron Man or Thor, imo, because it requires more subtlety. Evans has to portray as a character that is righteous and commanding, but also humble and approachable (something the character hasn't been able to do in comics for some time), whereas RDJ just has to be a smart-arse and Hemsworth a warrior. My favourite part of Avengers is when Cap says "there's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure He doesn't dress like that". Terrific moment that could have led to some annoying political backlash, but was played so sincerely by Evans that it was accepted.

#33 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Most definitely! I mean, I'm not bashing either RDJ or Hemsworth as they both portrayed their characters well. Hemsworth almost reaching a level near Evans as he has to portray a brash, arrogant and prideful warrior who learns humility from those he assumed beneath him. It was easily the best part of Thor.

But yes, Evans had to craft a character who was entirely innocent and even under the guise of newly found power, he remains uncorrupted! It's a performance that can be compared to Christopher Reeves as Superman.

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Most definitely! I mean, I'm not bashing either RDJ or Hemsworth as they both portrayed their characters well. Hemsworth almost reaching a level near Evans as he has to portray a brash, arrogant and prideful warrior who learns humility from those he assumed beneath him. It was easily the best part of Thor.

But yes, Evans had to craft a character who was entirely innocent and even under the guise of newly found power, he remains uncorrupted! It's a performance that can be compared to Christopher Reeves as Superman.

Well the thing about Thor is that he's very different at the beginning and end of the film, whereas Cap is fundamentally the same guy. He managed to move forward but stay in the same place, which is hard to get across. Christopher Reeve did it too, you're right.

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the thing about Thor is that he's very different at the beginning and end of the film, whereas Cap is fundamentally the same guy. He managed to move forward but stay in the same place, which is hard to get across. Christopher Reeve did it too, you're right.

That's a fair point! Never thought of it that way. What are your thoughts so far on The Winter Soldier?

#36 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

That's a fair point! Never thought of it that way. What are your thoughts so far on The Winter Soldier?

Terrible arc will make for a terrible movie lol

I have zero interest in sadly. No one was more disappointed than me when the premise of Cap 2 was announced.

#37 Posted by Edamame (28194 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America.

#38 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Not a fan of Winter Soldier I take it then? I prefer to reserve judgement until I at least see some footage but I'm interested in the prospect of Falcon showing up!

#39 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Not a fan of Brubaker's run in general.

I'll probably still see it, I'm just not excited.

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Well truthfully, that could work out in your favour! Less anticipation, less expectation!

#41 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21965 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Spiderman

2. First Class

3. Captain America

#42 Edited by The Stegman (24638 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm shocked at these results, I didn't expect EVERY movie to get some votes.

#43 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2 for me.Still not a single Marvel movie can't outmatch it!

#44 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Finally someone who I agree with. Though I think it is pretty close in both areas.

#45 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man 2 so far. as far as the comic version goes, i dislike tony, but Robert brought new light ton the character, and i love him in the movies.

#46 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

everybody knows the best marvel film is and always will be TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE

#47 Edited by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2.

Also, who the hell voted for Elektra, F4, Ghost Rider or Daredevil?

#48 Posted by JohnnyGat (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

If Blade was a choice I'd choose it simply for giving my respect to the "superhero" movie that washed away the concept of campy and corny and arguably revived the genre.