• 101 results
#1 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a major matter of opinion, but you will soon see many Karate Kid, Iron Fist and Batman posts in here.

#3 Edited by King Saturn (223745 posts) - - Show Bio
Kenshiro - Fist of the North Star 
#4 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu, but he's more established as a video game character. I would say Batman, but that's to obvious. So I'm going to go with...

Though he has superhuman powers, he is a skilled martial artist and often trains himself to face new opponents.

#5 Edited by Strider92 (16036 posts) - - Show Bio

There are probably plenty of obscure characters who have better martial art skills than the more well know ones (Batman, Iron Fist, Wolverine etc..). Kenshrio, Backlash, Mantis and Gamora to name a few. Some 40kers are ridiculous h2h fighters as well.

#6 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to go with someone who actually uses MA. Kenshrio and Goku DO NOT! They are purely CLOWN SHOES. I am going to say Karate Kid or Batman.

#7 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

#8 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21:His moves are just that of a dumb brawler. The only thing that makes him anything more then that, is the powers that his hooks and jabs emit for some strange stupid unknown reason.

#9 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meticulous:

Kenshiro is not 'a dumb brawler' and in fact the only time he does anything of that caliber is when he pulls out the '100 Crack Fist of the North Star', other than that he has mastered a technique that focuses entirely on hitting certain pressure points. This means that every single move is calculated, and is way more impressive than Batman, Iron Fist or anyone like that.

#10 Posted by Meticulous (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21:That is the story I am aware. But all of his moves look like utter garbage. I have never seen him do anything that would even be slightly considered Martial Arts by anyone who has ever taken them. Iron Fist as well. He throws a straight punch, or a snap kick that is fuzed with Qi and suddenly he is a Martial Arts Master.

#11 Posted by DC_Comics_Fan (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Karate Kid from DC Comics,even thou he is only human he even went toe to toe with Superboy,this lead to him being recruited into the Legion of Superheroes.It is said that he knows every martial art created until the 31st century.A known fact is that the creators of "The Karate Kid" movie, you know Mr Miyaga and Daniel-San had to ask Dc Comics to use the name "Karate Kid." I wish DC Comics would make a Karate Kid movie but that's for another thread,so yeah in my opinion he's the greatest Martial artist ,he can even beat Batman hand to hand and that's just Daniel-San.Haha no i'm kidding but yeah the superhero Karate Kid would.Nuck Chorris(intentional) has nightmares of Karate Kid.

#12 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meticulous:

No reasoning with that attitude, it's literally a case of you having to read or watch a series and see the character do enough things to believe it.

I can't really rep Kenshiro well enough to be honest so someone else is probably better suited explaining.

#13 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai Jack. The story writers hired real martial artists to make it believable, he not just a samurai, he mastered other eastern martial arts too. It's well shown in the series.

It's useless if someone know 50 MA style or 1000 MA style, if someone punch toward him, or when he punch toward somebody, he only can perform one move at once, not 50 or 1000... Samurai Jack is completely mastered those few eastern styles, it's enough to make him the best.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

In all fiction?

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee whupped Chuck Norris, and with all of Chuck Norris' exaggeration jokes, he's practically impossible to beat in terms of Martial Arts skill.

#15 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Samurai Jack. The story writers hired real martial artists to make it believable, he not just a samurai, he mastered other eastern martial arts too. It's well shown in the series.

It's useless if someone know 50 MA style or 1000 MA style, if someone punch toward him, or when he punch toward somebody, he only can perform one move at once, not 50 or 1000... Samurai Jack is completely mastered those few eastern styles, it's enough to make him the best.

Then I assume you should fix this, and say the Gaurdian Of The Time Portal is the best. You know, because he wiped the floor with Jack.

#16 Edited by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

Then I assume you should fix this, and say the Gaurdian Of The Time Portal is the best. You know, because he wiped the floor with Jack.

No, I don't think. I know he can beat Jack, but here we talk about martial arts. All we can see in that fight is the Guardian also a mastery user of weapons. But he won because he is stronger than Jack. He very durable and have fast, strong punches. Jack may could win if they are on the same size and power, like the jack vs mad jack fight, that was fair. But against the Guardian that was like a Batman vs martial art user Bane. He simply has superior physic. IMO jack will win in the future because he getting stronger. We know that he capable to learn jump extreme high, so...

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Bruce Lee and his MA skills aren't fiction. They fought as they would fight in real. Chuck Norris admitted that Lee is better.... But with the jokes, then yes, they are above the bible version god who is omni-everything. :)

#17 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8732 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai Jack, then Kenshiro

#18 Posted by Pyrogram (34450 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce lee

#19 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Karate Kid
  2. Kenshiro
  3. Gamora
  4. Goku
#20 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Pai Mei

#21 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

#22 Edited by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meticulous said:

Iron Fist as well. He throws a straight punch, or a snap kick that is fuzed with Qi and suddenly he is a Martial Arts Master.

This is far from accurate. Iron Fist's martial arts depictions are easily as in depth as Batman's and Karate Kids. KK's greatest claim to fame is he beats Kryptonians and shatters mountains. Artistically and visually however neither one showcases techniques/body movements that Iron Fist isnt shown to do. In fact Iron Fists martial arts writing is far more detailed then Karate Kids. They say KK has studied futuristic techniques but we never see how they fundamentally or psychologically differ from modern day martial arts. Its just a statement that allows a normal human in the future to fight Superman level opponents and shatter mountains with no real explanation as to why.

Iron Fist's techniques are at least labeled/named as well as shown through numerous training sequences.

#23 Posted by SirMethos (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Remo Williams is definitely a contender for the title.

Other possible names that haven't been mentioned would be Leto Atreides II and his twin sister Chani. Or Duncan Idaho(the Ghola) from the final novel Sandworms of Dune.

Batman One Million is also a contender, like Karate Kid he knows/has mastered every martial art, but in the 853rd century, compared to Karate Kid from the 31st century.

#24 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything they can do Cass Cain can do better.

#25 Posted by nickthedevil (11412 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo momma

#26 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Yo momma

you couldn't resist the temptation could you?

#27 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG I can't beleive I forgot to mention him. He is diffidently the best in every possible way. In terms of Martial Arts in any shape or form he is above all names mentioned in this thread combined.

The Ogre, The king of Fighters, The God of Martial Arts:

Yuujiro Hanma

#28 Edited by nishi99 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Kenshiro Fist of the North Star

2 Spike Spiegel Cowboy Bebop

3 Kazuya Mishima Tekken

4 Master Roshi DBZ

5 Hayato Furinji Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple

6 Yusuke Urameshi Yu Yu Hakusho

#29 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@nishi99: Nah, I think this thread ends with Yuujiro. He is literally backed up by too much Martial Arts logic to be proven anything other than the best. Baki the Grappler franchise uses philosophy, practicle science, and martial arts data to explain everything. That went so far at the end of the last series (Son of Ogre) that they made Baki seem almost equal to bible jesus(I have no idea how it got that way, cause the franchise is huge), and Yuujiro won that fight with great difficulty. The funny thing is that at first this franchise was always meant to be non-fiction, and emphasized on the fact that it's a world of normal humans too, but you have to watch/read it to understand it this mind-fuckery.

Even in the second baki series (Maximum tournament) He defeated the champions from every known martial arts together in one round in a short period of time.

It is absolutely the best martial arts anime though, and I am not exaggerating.

#30 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mattersuit said:

It's a major matter of opinion, but you will soon see many Karate Kid, Iron Fist and Batman posts in here.

#31 Posted by PowerHerc (80842 posts) - - Show Bio

Karate Kid.

#32 Posted by Icarus_Ashes (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

In all fiction?

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee whupped Chuck Norris, and with all of Chuck Norris' exaggeration jokes, he's practically impossible to beat in terms of Martial Arts skill.

/thread

#33 Edited by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

This

Comics in terms of high tiers overcrowd anime/manga

but at lower tiers anime/manga outclass comics

#34 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#35 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Skywalker and Goku

#36 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Skywalker

Explain yourself, other than having good acrobatics, and some excellent swordsmanship. I haven't the novels but I'd love to hear an explanation.

#37 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Luke Skywalker

Explain yourself, other than having good acrobatics, and some excellent swordsmanship. I haven't the novels but I'd love to hear an explanation.

He is probably the best swordsman in the Star Wars Universe. I don't know how to explain the gravity of this title since you have not read the books. EU feats are so well up there, the movie versions can't even compare.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker#Powers_and_abilities

#38 Posted by Azad (80 posts) - - Show Bio

<_<
>_>

#39 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Well, being the best swordsman in EU doesn't sound enough, and there are many scans, and respect threads, and that wiki page is too long, and says they have some malfunction. Can't you just say the most important stuff, I mean respect threads and scans are everywhere online. Remember this is all fiction and every story in human history counts.

#40 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

In all fiction?

Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee is real, he is living in an alternate universe full of Bruce Lees, he is kickg their asses so he could became the Ultimate Bruce Lee.

Also, since better martial artist dont mean the most powerfull, but the one that understand the martial arts the best.

#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: I was talking about the hyped, exaggerated Chuck Norris-like joke Bruce Lee.

#44 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

ff the top of my head

anyone?

right?

classic Hong Kong cinema?

#45 Edited by Wolfrazer (5955 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I seem to notice, that no one ever mentions TMIMITW(The Most Interesting Man in the World) along with Chuck or Bruce in terms of jokes, he has them too!

#46 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Tommy Oliver.

#47 Edited by WillPayton (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

#48 Posted by mikethekiller (8287 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Pai Mei

do you actually know about martial arts movies, or are you just someone who has seen Kill Bill?

Hung Wen-Ting was able to defeat Pai Mei, so there's at least one martial Artist who's better than him

#50 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio