• 51 results
#1 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

Which kind of villains are the best ones?

The classic ones that are so vile and cruel that you are rooting to see them die in a horrible painful way
or morally ambiguous ones (anti-villains) that have nobles goals despite their evil means and you can't help but agree with them most of the time.
#3 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
Anti-Villains
#4 Posted by King Saturn (225170 posts) - - Show Bio
Anti Villains are better
#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all over the place with villains I like.

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

classic is classic

#7 Posted by GodOfMischief (642 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Anti-Villains because they aren't as one dimensional as Classic Villains, they have their own agendas and reasons for doing what they do. Whereas I think that Classic Villains are your sterotypical characters that just want to take over or destroy things for the sake of it; which I think can get boring after a while.

#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147055 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so bored of sympathetic villains. I just want a villain which I can really hate and not feel bad that he was defeated. So classic.

#9 Posted by nick_hero22 (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Villains in my opinion are more realistic because no one is 100% evil, people may perform evil deeds for a number reasons, but I seriously doubt that all of their action are caused by a inner malicious desire to see other harmed for the sake of it. They are most likely trying to accomplish a agenda through actions that are deemed uncivilized by modern society, but to them the ends justify the means.

#10 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18733 posts) - - Show Bio

I like all different types of villains.Each can be great in their own way.The classic villain can be great because they can be evil just for the sake of it or just because they are or they want to fur fill there own means,though they may see it as noble and may not acknowledge what they are doing is considered evil whilst there are villains which are aware of what they do too.Ant Villains can be as equally interesting too,that they have causes others may see as noble but their means may be considered un heroic.

There are other types of villains,some fit into both of these categories in different ways.Though there are as many different types of villains as there are types of heroes.

I think the type of villain and how good he is depends on the story/stories you are trying to tell and what the other characters such as the hero and the world they live in are like too.Although sometimes the villain may only be the interesting and best thing out of that certain story.Its also interesting when there are many different types of villains in a universe with all sorts of different types of heroes such as the Marvel and DC universes.

Such a broad and interesting subject.

Villains Rule.

#11 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

I am so bored of sympathetic villains. I just want a villain which I can really hate and not feel bad that he was defeated. So classic.

Pretty much everything I think about.

#12 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolguyr99 said:

First time I saw this on Powerpuff Girls was the same reaction I had with Freiza :

Not sure if man...

or woman....

#14 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably anti-villains because most of the time anti-villains are given a much more interesting character rather than just be used as a means to an end in the plot

#15 Posted by darktiger (4627 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

Probably anti-villains because most of the time anti-villains are given a much more interesting character rather than just be used as a means to an end in the plot

agreed

#16 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

A.

#17 Posted by nickthedevil (13971 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic. The Dr. Doom, and Dormammu. The Loki and Prometheus and Carnage.

#18 Edited by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat:

I like alot of different type of villains but the "Classic Evil" ones are my favorite. I love those Joker type villains that are doing evil thing just because(I think theirs other reasons Joker doesn't bad but.....). Of course morals are good but (I guess I'm very old fashion) alot of times I dislike villains because of it. Their are "Anti-Villians" that I do like, but the Pure Evil Guy is just better (IMO), the only thing cooler then that is the "Psychotic Evil Guy(Joker)" and the "Unstoppable Force of Destruction(Doomsday)...d>.<b.....those dudes are AWESOME. d^_^b

#19 Posted by JediXMan (31314 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the story and the characters involved.

#20 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a close call but people seem to prefer classic villains :3

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

The classic villains are best as foils/opponents for the heroes.

Anti-villains are to sympathetic to fans and, thus, to similar to heroes to be the best villains.

#22 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

The hot kind.

(but really, classic.)

#23 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

anti-villains, they usually have a good backstory

#24 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

Anti-Villains in my opinion are more realistic because no one is 100% evil, people may perform evil deeds for a number reasons, but I seriously doubt that all of their action are caused by a inner malicious desire to see other harmed for the sake of it. They are most likely trying to accomplish a agenda through actions that are deemed uncivilized by modern society, but to them the ends justify the means.

#25 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio
(more 'real', thus more interesting)
#26 Posted by Gold_Kitsune (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I like charismatic villains that can weasel their way into power, but I also like a villain who is cable of standing alone if need be.

My example of a perfect villain? Tigerstar from the 'Warriors' books

#27 Posted by Deadite (25381 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Horror armored. I don't know the term for it. Anyway, they appeared street level, or mortal, feats are normal but are high level theatrical material.

Joker.

Randall Flagg (He has enough magical powers to survive the things he survived from, so he's not in the category, really. His charm is he travels from books to books, story to story.)

Deadpool, maybe?

#28 Posted by Samimista (21050 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Depends on the story and the characters involved.

#29 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

the Joker if it's without powers and with powers Thanos.

#30 Posted by TheThe (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-villains. They are complex and their characters are written with a plausible "human" angle. Also, sometimes they portraying our modern times in a metaphoric way.

#31 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them. I don't particularly care for villains.

#32 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@SilverGalford said:

I am sorry but I don't know what this have to do with classic and anti-villains.

#33 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@coolguyr99 said:

First time I saw this on Powerpuff Girls was the same reaction I had with Freiza :

Not sure if man...

or woman....

I'm still not sure... Am I alone here?

#34 Posted by SilverGalford (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@SilverGalford said:

I am sorry but I don't know what this have to do with classic and anti-villains.

i picked up 2 villians sorry

#35 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-villains.

#36 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@coolguyr99 said:

Not sure if man...

or woman....

I'm still not sure... Am I alone here?

Well it's name is "Him," so it's gotta be a man, right?

And I don't know what side I'm on. Joker's a classic villain; he just does things because it's evil. ...but Magneto's the best Marvel villain because he thinks what he's doing is right, but he's wrong, but then he's right again, lol.

#37 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5301 posts) - - Show Bio

I say anti-villains, it's so much more relatable that someone would go for a morally correct goal and go about accomplishing it immorally, then someone doing something completely immoral because they're psychotic.

#38 Posted by slacker the hacker (7813 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by slacker the hacker (7813 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@slacker the hacker: Glad to see a TV tropes using fellow

my personal favorites are

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FauxAffablyEvil?from=Main.EvillyAffable

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForTheEvulz

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilOverlord

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CardCarryingVillain

Nice

I've always like the watered down version of the Evil Overlord which is http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DiabolicalMastermind basically the street version of the Evil Overlord.

I like Eldritch Horrors as well.

#41 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23894 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic villains are more fun to hate :D

#42 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti Villains.  
More interesting.

#43 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Anti Villains. More interesting.
#44 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4114 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both. A classic and anti villain make the best crime duo

#45 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti Villains they are more bad ass

#46 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#47 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I like villains who are either:

• Completely evil, with no sense of humanity.
  • Slightly evil with a some good in there, too. Like Black Adam.
#48 Posted by russellmania77 (15842 posts) - - Show Bio

the powerful kind that can be a bad guy all the way till the end of the series than change good to fight the greater evil

#49 Posted by MonsterStomp (20546 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to not hate classic villains because their soul purpose is to be unlikeable.

I like Anti-Villains.

#50 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

The best kind of villain is a former hero.

Provided their heel-turn was believable, of course.