#1 Posted by DarthAznable (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

I think just about everyone has played an FPS at least once in their life that they absolutely adored. Online or offline experinces count so if you have a single player shooter you love, show it some props. For me for FPS it would have to be Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Quake Arena. TPS would probably be...Gears of War 1 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I couldn't really choose one over the other...

Modern Warfare 1 and 2 get honorable mentions.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30939 posts) - - Show Bio

Future Soldier was good, but I had a lot of lag and collision detection issues during multiplayer.

#3 Posted by Eisenfauste (8352 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS: Halo series

TPS: Battlefront 2

#4 Posted by Lateralus (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS - Borderlands 2
TPS - MGS 4

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS - Halo: Combat Evolved

TPS - Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

#6 Edited by DarthAznable (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Yeah I had that something too. When it worked though I loved it.

@eisenfauste But Reach is horrible. :P

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek Dude props. Transformers was great. Too bad they shut down the servers due to no one really playing or something.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: Really? That sucks. Wonder if they refunded the money for the customers for the microtransactions.

#8 Posted by DarthAznable (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I might be thinking of War for Cybertron. No one played much of either honestly. The most I saw was 1-2k on a good day on 360.

#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I might be thinking of War for Cybertron. No one played much of either honestly. The most I saw was 1-2k on a good day on 360.

Same here. I'm still excited for Rise of the Dark Spark though. I play the Transformers games for the story anyways.

#10 Edited by Eisenfauste (8352 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: Wait You think reach is horribly, how? Great graphics and texture, amazing soundtrack that actually sounds like its a halo game (unlike the music in Halo 4). Amazing story that didn't exactly follow the book but gave a good idea to the uninformed of how Reach and the Spartan's fell. Amazing campaign with great maps and weapons.

#11 Posted by DarthAznable (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: It. took. WAY too long to grind gear for MP. I literally ruined the game for myself just grinding XP via swat and other MP modes just to get better looking armor. I hate that they added that feature. Customization is cool but it took too much time to get stuff.

#12 Posted by Eisenfauste (8352 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: *Facepalm* you didn't play the game for the storyline :P

#13 Posted by DarthAznable (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: Nah. lmao most shooters I play for the MP unless it's only single player. Except Gears 1. The campaign > MP in that game.

#14 Posted by Eisenfauste (8352 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: Lol I can't get into MP right away, though I am a force to be reckoned with ;), I need to play, and usually want to play, the storyline to get a feel for the weapons and enjoy the cinematics and story itself. I rarely play multiplayer except if its halo 4 then I play(ed) it a a lot.

#15 Posted by The_Tree (7731 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS: Halo 3

TPS: Gears of War 3

Had a lot of fun with both of those games, and I like pretty much every installment in their franchises. I especially f###ing love Gears' multiplayer. The Mass Effect games are pretty high up there for me in the TPS genre as well.

#16 Edited by DarthAznable (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste:

@the_tree Sometimes I forget ME was a shooter. I always put it as RPG first. Especially the first game..def my favorite.

#17 Edited by Knightsofdarkness2 (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

HALO STOMPS!!!!!!!!!!! ( I didn't play it yet, but it looks like the best FPS series out there, can't wait till i get Halo 4)

I'm not sure what's my favourite TPS though.

#18 Posted by Eisenfauste (8352 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: I think that picture just scarred me lol, I would kick you're butt in Halo ;), though I don't have a working 360 :/

#19 Posted by DarthAznable (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: My 360 disc tray doesn't even open anymore. -_-

@knightsofdarkness2: Halo 4 is fun but...it's the least "Halo" out of them all. I really like the ending though.

#20 Posted by Eisenfauste (8352 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: Well at least you won't get humiliated ;) count your blessings.

#21 Posted by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Metro, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon & Halo

#22 Edited by Skit (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS: BioShock & Borderland(s) games

TPS:MGS & Max Payne games (Also Alan Wake,but it transcends genres).

#23 Posted by frogdog (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS: Bulletstorm/Doom/Wolfenstein new order

TPS: EDF:2025/Vanquish/Gears of War/Max payne 2/

#24 Posted by Faymousinus (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

#25 Posted by laflux (16814 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to split this into Free to Play MMOFPS and TPS' and paid version

Free to Play- Combat Arms, Crossfire, Operation Blackout, Arctic Combat, Blacklight Retribution, Alliance of Valiant Arms

Third Person- Gunz, S4 League

Paid- Call of Duty (pretty much all titles from 2 onwards), BF BC, Rainbow Six series, Halo Series, Serious Sam series, Gears of War 1 and 3.

#26 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6100 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: its probably is War for Cybertron, I was playing Fall of Cybertron yesterday for Xbox and multiplayer was still working. Its still fun, just not as many people play it.

#27 Posted by sagejonathan (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS- Bioshock games

TPS- Uncharted 1 (I havent played many TPS games)

#28 Edited by WarBlade539 (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

Planetside 2, Fallout, Far Cry 2 and 3, Borderlands 1 and 2, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, Tribes Ascend, Crysis 1, Warhead and 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Allied Assault and what else?

#29 Edited by scorpion2501 (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Bioshock.

#30 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

Battlefield 3!

#31 Posted by Jack_ (1653 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2. No contest for me :)

#32 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Battlefield 3, Halo Combat Evolved, Halo reach, COD 4 Modern Warfare, COD Black Ops 1, Unreal Tournament II, Gears of War, Quake

#33 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4249 posts) - - Show Bio

Killzone, in fairness I haven't played all that many FPS games though.

#34 Posted by Xwraith (19356 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS: Team Fortress 2

TPS: Gears of War

#35 Posted by force_echo (863 posts) - - Show Bio

FPS: Bioshock

TPS: Spec Ops: The Line

I don't consider Deus Ex, Fallout, and Mass Effect shooters, but they are also games with shooter aspects that I intensely enjoy. Crysis and Halo get an honorable mention.

#36 Posted by SilverGalford (3270 posts) - - Show Bio

Quake III arena

#37 Posted by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Battlefield series