Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@King Saturn said:
" 1. District 9 
2. Star Trek 
3. Avatar 

those are my Top 3
"
district 9 and star trek are both really good, but avatar isnt.  its too offensive--its one thing for a movie to be anti-war, but quite another to attack all the troops and say they are lazy, bloodthirsty pirates.  i mean, whether you agree that it should be happening or not, those people are still dying for us.

but i really agree that district 9 and star trek are good
-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By -Eclipse-

Haven't seen the first three, or even heard of the first, but I'm glad that 500 Days of Summer (never understood the need for brackets in that title, lol) made it to your No. 4 spot, that was a damn good movie. 

I don't like to categorize movies like this myself, as I can enjoy pretty much any film really (heck, me and my girlfriend LOVED watching Twilight and New Moon. Not because they are good movies, but because they're so unintentionally hilarious, lol) so if I did make a list, I'd probably just end up listing any movies I actually watched in 2009, lol 

But the Time Traveller's Wife is something I feel deserves a mention. Also Ice Age 3, for being one of the very few threequels out there that are actually good movies, lol... Angels and Demons... Even Wolverine was good when I shutoff the angry-nerd within me and enjoyed it as simply a great action movie. Though I did do a lot of complaining about Deadpool and other screw ups in the car journey home... lol... The Blob MADE that movie, though. Blob is freakin awesome. And so was Will He Is playing the teleporting-dude-I've-barely-heard-of, lol 

Surprising lack of Avatar from your list, did you forget it was released last year? :P

EDIT: Just saw your post, and I have to say that you really shouldn't be reading into into it that much. James Cameron did not put so much time, money and effort into making a movie that simply "attacks all troops" and complains about how war is bad. Yes, some of the soldiers in that movie were, as you put it, blood thirsty pirates. (though really only the big bad guy was really that awful) Wouldn't you say it's more a warning that if mankind continues in its destructive ways, that is our future? Besides, the story was a ripoff of all sorts of other similar movies, the most obvious one to me (being so immature and childish, lol) would be Pochahontis (spelling?). It was hardly an original story, which is why I fail to understand why people are continuing to complain that the movie was racist, insulting army troops, etc. Avatar is not the first movie to display soldiers that way, in fact, barely anything about the movie was actually original at all, lol 

The special effects and 3D are what made that movie. I don't even know whether I'll buy the DVD, cause Avatar is just one of those movies you really have to see in a cinema.

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Yaujtapool

District 9 is my very best film of 2009.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@-Eclipse-: Time Traveller's wife was surprisingly good. I would have never watched it if my girlfriend didn't know she can con me into chick-flicks as long as science-fiction is involved.
-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By -Eclipse-
@inferiorego said:
" @-Eclipse-: Time Traveller's wife was surprisingly good. I would have never watched it if my girlfriend didn't know she can con me into chick-flicks as long as science-fiction is involved. "

Haha, I got suckered into that one too :P 

When she mentioned that she wanted to see it, all I was could think of was "Time traveler? YATTA!"

Still, I don't need much convincing, since I (like most guys) secretly watch and enjoy rom-coms and chick flicks, lol, it's just better to seem reluctant, so it seems like I'm only watching the movie for her... XD

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bio Guyver

1. AVATAR
2. Star Trek
3. District 9

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Sparda

Cred to the TP for having Brother's Bloom on his list. Great movie.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glforthewin

District 9  
hurt locker 

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By WW-Fan

1. Avatar 
2. Star Trek 
3. Districkt 9 
4. Confessions of a Shopaholic   lol i loved it
Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Yung ANcient One

District 9  was the best movie of 09... IMO

Avatar was Number 2... it cheated... i mean common it came out like a Week b4 new years...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" 1. District 9 
2. Star Trek 
3. Avatar 

those are my Top 3
"
district 9 and star trek are both really good, but avatar isnt.  its too offensive--its one thing for a movie to be anti-war, but quite another to attack all the troops and say they are lazy, bloodthirsty pirates.  i mean, whether you agree that it should be happening or not, those people are still dying for us.  but i really agree that district 9 and star trek are good "
well suite yourself... but I actually thought Avatar was really good
Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-Eclipse- said:
"

Haven't seen the first three, or even heard of the first, but I'm glad that 500 Days of Summer (never understood the need for brackets in that title, lol) made it to your No. 4 spot, that was a damn good movie. 

I don't like to categorize movies like this myself, as I can enjoy pretty much any film really (heck, me and my girlfriend LOVED watching Twilight and New Moon. Not because they are good movies, but because they're so unintentionally hilarious, lol) so if I did make a list, I'd probably just end up listing any movies I actually watched in 2009, lol 

But the Time Traveller's Wife is something I feel deserves a mention. Also Ice Age 3, for being one of the very few threequels out there that are actually good movies, lol... Angels and Demons... Even Wolverine was good when I shutoff the angry-nerd within me and enjoyed it as simply a great action movie. Though I did do a lot of complaining about Deadpool and other screw ups in the car journey home... lol... The Blob MADE that movie, though. Blob is freakin awesome. And so was Will He Is playing the teleporting-dude-I've-barely-heard-of, lol 

Surprising lack of Avatar from your list, did you forget it was released last year? :P

EDIT: Just saw your post, and I have to say that you really shouldn't be reading into into it that much. James Cameron did not put so much time, money and effort into making a movie that simply "attacks all troops" and complains about how war is bad. Yes, some of the soldiers in that movie were, as you put it, blood thirsty pirates. (though really only the big bad guy was really that awful) Wouldn't you say it's more a warning that if mankind continues in its destructive ways, that is our future? Besides, the story was a ripoff of all sorts of other similar movies, the most obvious one to me (being so immature and childish, lol) would be Pochahontis (spelling?). It was hardly an original story, which is why I fail to understand why people are continuing to complain that the movie was racist, insulting army troops, etc. Avatar is not the first movie to display soldiers that way, in fact, barely anything about the movie was actually original at all, lol 

The special effects and 3D are what made that movie. I don't even know whether I'll buy the DVD, cause Avatar is just one of those movies you really have to see in a cinema.

"
i agree with you on most of that.  x-men was really good.  blob was great--im glad he made it into the movie.  it nearly made my list.  im really glad you like (500) days of summer (though you are right, the parentheses aren't neccessary). its an excellent movie.  im so glad its director is directing the new spiderman.  
i do agree that avatar's visuals were good, but i just dont think cameron put as much effort into the script as he should have.  
but other than that i agree with like everything you had@Yaujtapool said:
" District 9 is my very best film of 2009. "

it is a very good film@inferiorego said:
" @-Eclipse-: Time Traveller's wife was surprisingly good. I would have never watched it if my girlfriend didn't know she can con me into chick-flicks as long as science-fiction is involved. "

i wish id seen that.  @Sparda said:
" Cred to the TP for having Brother's Bloom on his list. Great movie. "

yup.  its excellent@glforthewin said:
" District 9  hurt locker  "

hurt locker was like number 21 or 22 on my list.  it nearly made it.  @WW-Fan said:
" 1. Avatar 2. Star Trek 3. Districkt 9 4. Confessions of a Shopaholic   lol i loved it "

yeah i was surprised at how good shopaholic was.   
@Yung ANcient One:
district 9 was good.  @King Saturn said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @King Saturn said:
" 1. District 9 
2. Star Trek 
3. Avatar 

those are my Top 3
"
district 9 and star trek are both really good, but avatar isnt.  its too offensive--its one thing for a movie to be anti-war, but quite another to attack all the troops and say they are lazy, bloodthirsty pirates.  i mean, whether you agree that it should be happening or not, those people are still dying for us.  but i really agree that district 9 and star trek are good "
well suite yourself... but I actually thought Avatar was really good "

if i just focus on the visuals it is.  but the plot is awful.   
Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I thought "Precious" was incredible. Kathryn Bigelow deserved the Oscar for Hurt Locker. First female director ever to win! WOOT!

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: 

Why was Avatar or District 9... plots so AWFul... i mean seriously... everyone said... Oh too obvious... oh so repetitive story... i mean seriously... how many movies arent obvious... and why does everyone want something... New and Unpredictable... i mean they make 300 movies a year... how many different stories can u tell... but whatevers...
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nobody has the "Hangover" listed?

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Theodore

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS was the best movie of 2009!! Coraline is really good too.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By EdwardWindsor

district 9 was brilliant  as was up and zombieland

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Gambler said:
" Nobody has the "Hangover" listed? "
Hit or miss movie.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Gambler said:
Hit or miss movie. "
Listen Snarf, that movie was the sh!t :P
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Illyana Rasputin said:
" I thought "Precious" was incredible. Kathryn Bigelow deserved the Oscar for Hurt Locker. First female director ever to win! WOOT! "
precious was great.  and bigelow did an awesome job (though id have actually picked Spike Jonze or Rian Johnson) @Yung ANcient One said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon:   Why was Avatar or District 9... plots so AWFul... i mean seriously... everyone said... Oh too obvious... oh so repetitive story... i mean seriously... how many movies arent obvious... and why does everyone want something... New and Unpredictable... i mean they make 300 movies a year... how many different stories can u tell... but whatevers... "
i agree about avatar but district 9 had a bit more.  i mean the twist is he isnt a normal predicatable guy--he is a nerdy, bigoted, akward, rude, but in the heart awesome guy.  that was the twist.  @Gambler said:
im fifteen i wasnt allowed to see it.  but i know it one a golden globe.  then again so did avatar so that award must not mean much.  @Theodore said:
" INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS was the best movie of 2009!! Coraline is really good too. "
coraline was good.  really creative.  i cant believe it didnt get a best art direction nomination at the academy awards. 

No Caption Provided

@lazystudent said:
" district 9 was brilliant  as was up and zombieland "
agreed on the first two, but i didnt see zombieland cuz im fifteen.
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yung ANcient One

i cant believe people... Liked Precious... serious... Precious... that $#!% was sooo #@!$ing depressing... terrible movie... it reminded me of 
The Sun Also Rises...
a book my teacher made us read... it was such a drag so #@!$ing depressing... 

Seriously How can anyone like that Book or that Movie?

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yung ANcient One said:
" i cant believe people... Liked Precious... serious... Precious... that $#!% was sooo #@!$ing depressing... terrible movie... it reminded me of  The Sun Also Rises... a book my teacher made us read... it was such a drag so #@!$ing depressing...   Seriously How can anyone like that Book or that Movie?  "
precious was inspirational.  the thing not only showed the hardships people encoutner, but also exlplained how to overcome it.  the message was so powerful--thats why it was worth seeing.  i mean, depressing movies which dont have an uplifting message do stink (such as flame and citron), but precious was so powerful
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: i did not get that from the movie for me the movie was

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelFrost

(These aren't in order by the way, just a list of my favourite movies of 2009) 

1. New Moon - I'm a Twilight fan, so sue me ¬_¬  but yes. (: I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. & saw it 3 times at the movies!
2. Sorority Row - I love a good slasher, and it definately was a nice break from the action movies like Avatar and 2012 that were being thrown in my face. The dialogue was great, acting was awesome and it certainly both scared me and made me laugh.
3. The Hangover - This movie was hilarious! Seriously, one of the  funniest movies I've ever seen.          

The Uninvited -

not necessarily a scary film. But it was a good, original thriller that had an awesome twist at the end, which I enjoyed. 

Sunshine Cleaning -

A feel good movie which was a sort of comedy/romance/drama movie, that hit all the right spots. 

Zombieland -

Freaking hilarious!  - 'nuff said. 

Orphan -

Soooooo scary! 

Jennifers Body -

This movie made me rethink Megan Fox ... and now I actually love her. 

Watchmen -

I really liked it. (: it lasted forever ... but the visuals were stunning and the acting was solid. 
10. Push - Awesome!  - Loved every bit of it. From its cunning plot to its visual effects.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

District 9, Inglorious Basterds, The Hangover
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Gambler said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Gambler said:
Hit or miss movie. "
Listen Snarf, that movie was the sh!t :P "
Snarf Gambler, Snarrrrf it's just the worlds opinion snaaaaaaaaaaaaaarfff
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29  Edited By The_Martian

Hangover

Sylar0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sylar0
@Gambler: I liked the Hangover it was an awesome movie 
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Theodore

Hangover and Zombieland = funniest of the year!

Sylar0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sylar0
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: Awesome this you don't have Avatar on the list after all we know that that movie was a ripoff of several movies. It was like Dancing With Wolfs except it had inter galactic smurfs 
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yung ANcient One said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon: i did not get that from the movie for me the movie was

"
well, she does get the GED.  and she plans to raise her kids better than her mom did and give them great oppurtunities.  and she makes a lot of friends.  and is being a mom that bad a thing--i mean the circumstances are awful, but to say that it was a waste to raise her kids sounds kind of prejudiced.  @aztek the lost said:
"  

3.   Knowing

"
really? I thought this movie was terrible, I don't know, maybe its just me or my hatred of Nicholas Cage "
why do you hate nick cage.  he is AWESOME!!!! 

No Caption Provided

@AngelFrost said:
" (These aren't in order by the way, just a list of my favourite movies of 2009) 

1. New Moon - I'm a Twilight fan, so sue me ¬_¬  but yes. (: I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. & saw it 3 times at the movies!
2. Sorority Row - I love a good slasher, and it definately was a nice break from the action movies like Avatar and 2012 that were being thrown in my face. The dialogue was great, acting was awesome and it certainly both scared me and made me laugh.
3. The Hangover - This movie was hilarious! Seriously, one of the  funniest movies I've ever seen.          

The Uninvited -

not necessarily a scary film. But it was a good, original thriller that had an awesome twist at the end, which I enjoyed. 

Sunshine Cleaning -

A feel good movie which was a sort of comedy/romance/drama movie, that hit all the right spots. 

Zombieland -

Orphan -

Soooooo scary! 

Jennifers Body -

Watchmen -

I really liked it. (: it lasted forever ... but the visuals were stunning and the acting was solid. 
10. Push - Awesome!  - Loved every bit of it. From its cunning plot to its visual effects. "
new moon was good, just not good enough to be on the top 20 list.  and push was fine.  @k4tzm4n said:
" District 9, Inglorious Basterds, The Hangover "
saw district 9 it was great@Sylar0 said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon: Awesome this you don't have Avatar on the list after all we know that that movie was a ripoff of several movies. It was like Dancing With Wolfs except it had inter galactic smurfs  "
i totally agree lol
AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AngelFrost
@AngelFrost said:
" (These aren't in order by the way, just a list of my favourite movies of 2009) 

The Uninvited -

Sunshine Cleaning -

Zombieland -

Orphan -

Soooooo scary! 

Jennifers Body -

Watchmen -

10. Push - Awesome!  - Loved every bit of it. From its cunning plot to its visual effects. "
new moon was good, just not good enough to be on the top 20 list.  and push was fine. 
 :O you serious!?  - New Moon deserves to be in the top 5 !  & it was 7th in the list of highest grossing films of 2009.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By joshmightbe

avatar was visually awsome but the story was blah, and by the way unobtainium, really thats what they came up with for the element they needed. might as well have called it cant it ium
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn
@Gambler said:
Hangover was pretty good... 
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost said:
@AngelFrost said:

The Uninvited -

Sunshine Cleaning -

Zombieland -

Orphan -

Soooooo scary! 

Jennifers Body -

Watchmen -

new moon was good, just not good enough to be on the top 20 list.  and push was fine. 
 :O you serious!?  - New Moon deserves to be in the top 5 !  & it was 7th in the list of highest grossing films of 2009. "
i thought it glorified suicide a bit, so it lost points there.  @joshmightbe said:
" avatar was visually awsome but the story was blah, and by the way unobtainium, really thats what they came up with for the element they needed. might as well have called it cant it ium "
totally agree with you
AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AngelFrost
@Violet-Eyed Dragon:    Well, I'm giving my opinion and as the title asks .. so, I couldn't care less. :D
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Matezoide2

The Hangover,ZombieLand or Watchmen

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon:    Well, I'm giving my opinion and as the title asks .. so, I couldn't care less. :D "
lol :)
AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngelFrost
@Violet-Eyed Dragon:  I'm a Twilight geek you seee  ;)  so your not gonna change that!! :P
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  I'm a Twilight geek you seee  ;)  so your not gonna change that!! :P "
:)
i actually like twilight, as much as a guy can
AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AngelFrost

:) i actually like twilight, as much as a guy can "
:O Yaaay.  (:  & new moon was definately one of the best films of '09  ;)
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bio Guyver

I almost feel tempted to make a "Worst of 2009 List."

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points