Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Poll Best college team vs Worst NFL Team (9 votes)

Worst NFL team would dominate all phases of the game. Win by +15 points 67%
NFL team in a good contest. Win with in 15 44%
Too close to call 0%
College team wins with in 15 11%
College team dominates by 15 or more. 22%

So I was watching ESPN 30 for 30 the "U" and one of the players was talking about how some great future NFL players sat the bench, such as Vince Wilfork and Willis McGahee. Now to hear that is impressive. But what really surprised me is what he said; if that team were to play in the pros they would make the playoffs.

He was speaking on the 2001 Miami team. Now don't me wrong, that was one hell of a football team, but honestly they would get pumpled by even the 2001 Carolina Panthers who went 1-15. 10 of the players on that roster MIGHT make the NFL, and maybe 5 could have a decent career, but even on the worst NFL team EVERY starter and even bench players were some of the best players coming out of college. A bunch of 17-24 year olds would get dominated.

Just my two cents, just want to see everyone else's opinion.

• 
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

A NCAA team would be ran over by a NFL team; plain and simple.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By SOG7dc

It wouldnt even be close. NFL team would win by at least 3 touchdowns.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Idk....put a team like the browns vs prime teams like OSU, and I think the collegiate teams would take it....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk....put a team like the browns vs prime teams like OSU, and I think the collegiate teams would take it....

Nah.

Those guys are fighting to get where the pro's are already at....

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

The best players on the best college teams have barely a 50/50 chance of actually making it as a pro.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Nah.

Those guys are fighting to get where the pro's are already at....

True, but it doesn't stop them from playing horribly. Did you see the Browns v Bengals a few days ago?? Also, I think collegiate teams really do put their hearts into their games much more so than NFL teams, because, like you said they haven't made it yet.

So, yeah, a prime collegiate team like OSU could possibly defeat an NFL team imo.....

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SOG7dc

@buttersdaman000:

I couldn't see OSU beating the Browns or the Raiders. Remember what Johnny Manziel was doing to college teams a year ago? That game was bad because it was pros v pros.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@buttersdaman000:

I couldn't see OSU beating the Browns or the Raiders. Remember what Johnny Manziel was doing to college teams a year ago? That game was bad because it was pros v pros.

Eh, maybe. He just looked soooo bad in that game. I was actually embarrassed for him.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Tebow looked amazing in college too. The pros are a different beast entirely.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DBVSE7

This is like Young Justice vs the Justice League.

Like what DC and SOG said, a college team is not beating an NFL team simply because a college team is full of young players who might not even make it to the NFL.. and an NFL team has all professional elite players who have improved over time.

It's a losing battle.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

This is like Young Justice vs the Justice League.

Like what DC and SOG said, a college team is not beating an NFL team simply because a college team is full of young players who might not even make it to the NFL.. and an NFL team has all professional elite players who have improved over time.

It's a losing battle.

To be fair that makes it sound like everyone who is in the NFL is a great player. That is most certainly not the case.

You put the Worst of The League against the Best of YJ, and while it may be an upset, it's not impossible.

Put Captain Marvel, Ms. Martian, Kid Flash, Nightwing, and Zatanna against Atom, Green Arrow, Red Tornado, Guy Gardner, and Adam Strange, you can't just say The League would win by virtue of being League-status.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Pro team dominates.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I'm not saying every NFL player is great. The fact is the NFL is a completely different ball game. The worst in the NFL are still in the NFL. The worst in College Football most likely will not make it to the NFL.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DBVSE7

@scouterv: Now add in the fact that more than half of a college team might not make it to the NFL even on the best teams.. and the other team is full of players in the NFL, who go against other teams in the NFL that are better than college teams.. the NFL team is likely to win 8-10/10 times due to experience and talent.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spambot

The biggest gap between college and pros isn't just talent and physical maturity(men don't truly mature physically until their late 20's) but the gap in coaching. nfl teams are allowed to be coached much more during a week and learn much more complex systems on both offense and defense than college teams do. Pete Carroll is a good example of this. He had great defenses at usc but he was only using about 50-60% of the schemes he uses in Seattle simply because he couldn't expect college kids to be able to do everything he could expect from pros who don't have practice limitations. Offenses are also much more complex and any qb in the nfl has a much better ability to run an offense and read a defense. There are very few exceptions to that rule such as Andrew Luck but even he was using a much simpler offense in college. Bottom line is that the worst nfl team beats the best college team by 4-5 tds minimum. Take a team like the Patriots and it would be 63-0 in the 3rd qtr unless the college team got lucky on a deep route or kick return.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

The biggest gap between college and pros isn't just talent and physical maturity(men don't truly mature physically until their late 20's) but the gap in coaching. nfl teams are allowed to be coached much more during a week and learn much more complex systems on both offense and defense than college teams do. Pete Carroll is a good example of this. He had great defenses at usc but he was only using about 50-60% of the schemes he uses in Seattle simply because he couldn't expect college kids to be able to do everything he could expect from pros who don't have practice limitations. Offenses are also much more complex and any qb in the nfl has a much better ability to run an offense and read a defense. There are very few exceptions to that rule such as Andrew Luck but even he was using a much simpler offense in college. Bottom line is that the worst nfl team beats the best college team by 4-5 tds minimum. Take a team like the Patriots and it would be 63-0 in the 3rd qtr unless the college team got lucky on a deep route or kick return.

/thread.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: You honestly think that FSU has any chance, and I mean ANY chance against the Browns? I would literally put a million dollars on the Browns, and I don't even have that much.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: You honestly think that FSU has any chance, and I mean ANY chance against the Browns? I would literally put a million dollars on the Browns, and I don't even have that much.

Not that it really matters, but I didn't say FSU......and honestly, no, not really. I hadn't given the differences in coaches/time any thought. But, if those two variables were even, and against a team like the Browns, yeah, i'd give a team like OSU a chance.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well the worst pro team is the Raiders and they only try against rival teams, so college team (Oregon or Alabama) stomps

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:

Not that it really matters, but I didn't say FSU......and honestly, no, not really. I hadn't given the differences in coaches/time any thought. But, if those two variables were even, and against a team like the Browns, yeah, i'd give a team like OSU a chance.

I could understand where your coming from. But even outside coaching/time, physically they're different.

Well the worst pro team is the Raiders and they only try against rival teams, so college team (Oregon or Alabama) stomps

No, just no. I could respect if you said they JUST win(Even that statement is false), but the fact you said STOMP is just incredibly wrong.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@petey_is_spidey: im just trying to rustle Raiders fans jimmies, not being serious in the slightest

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron Brooks Era Saints lose bad!

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: im just trying to rustle Raiders fans jimmies, not being serious in the slightest

Oh, my bad. Hard to tell sarcasm over internet.

But I could argue that the Jaguars are even worse.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

What you have to understand is the worst NFL team is filled with College Allstars. They Stomp by 4 touchdowns.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zaied

This is ridiculous. No college team has any chance against even the worst NFL teams. A few years ago, the Browns (5-11) blew out the Patriots (14-2) by 20 points. Do any of you honestly see a college team blowing out Tom Brady and the Patriots? OSU would be lucky to even get in the red zone against the Browns.

The game moves significantly faster in the pros than it does in college; the blitz packages, defensive schemes, and overall intensity of the game would be far too much for the collegiate team. There's a reason why tons of great college players and even Heisman trophy winners don't pan out in the NFL.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MAZAHS117

Still the pro team. The NFL just operates at a different game speed than on the collegiate level. Windows for passes to receivers are MUCH smaller in the pros than in college due to the fact that pro corners and defensive backs are waaaay faster than the guys in college. It really isn't that close

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sabracadabra

Frankly I would be surprised if the college team broke the 50 yard line even once.