Bernard Hopkins becomes Oldest Boxing Champion...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
Tonight in a Light Heavyweight Championship Fight between Jean Pascal ( 26 - 1 - 1, 16 KO ) and Bernard Hopkins ( 51 - 5 - 2, 32 KO ) we saw a 46 year old Bernard Hopkins essentially dominate the younger Jean Pascal ( who was the reigning Light Heavyweight Champion at that point )... after 12 solid rounds of Boxing Action... Bernard Hopkins was declared winner of the fight by Unanimous Decision... any thoughts of Bernard Hopkins and his place in Boxing History now ? Can you think of any Athlete over 40 years old being as dominant as The Executioner is in Boxing ? 
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

Good for Bernard Hopkins, though I wouldn't characterize his boxing career as dominant lately. 

I'd say that Gordie Howe in hockey, George Foreman in boxing and Randy Couture in MMA all compare favorably to Hopkins in dominance in their respective sports.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
@PowerHerc said:

Good for Bernard Hopkins, though I wouldn't characterize his boxing career as dominant lately. 

I'd say that Gordie Howe in hockey, George Foreman in boxing and Randy Couture in MMA all compare favorably to Hopkins in dominance in their respective sports.

well for his age... what Bernard Hopkins has done in Boxing... its pretty impressive... 
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

@King Saturn
Hell yes!  No question about it. 

Bernard Hopkins is a badass.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts