#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio

Source (among many others and general internet chatter)

File this story under news that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy...and old!
Boy Meets World's Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, aka Cory and Topanga, one of TV's most beloved couples ever, have officially signed on to star in Disney Channel's Girl Meets World, E! News confirms.
(Please excuse us for a moment while our inner fan girl squeals with utter delight.)
A Disney Channel rep tells E!: "We can confirm that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel will reprise their hugely popular roles of Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence, this time as a happily married couple and parents to 13-year-old Riley, from whose point of view the story is told. The pilot is still in the very early stages of development with creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs, Emmy Award-winning creator/producer behind Boy Meets World, My Two Dads and Charles In Charge, among others. A nationwide casting search is underway for the starring role of Riley Matthews."
TV Line first reported the news of Savage and Fishel's casting.
Fishel posted a thank you to fans of the original series on her Tumblr page, saying, "First of all, let me say that you, the fans of Boy Meets World, have been awesome. That word is often used incorrectly by people, including myself, on a daily basis but you have truly been awe inspiring. You, yes, even YOU, are the reason that Girl Meets World WILL BE MADE."
As far as other original castmembers' returning for the series' reboot, Fishel says, "I do not know how many BMW cast members will be returning for GMW, or how often they may appear if and/or when they do appear."
#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

MAAthews! Ma-Aa-Aa-A-athews! (Eric's Feeny call voice, since Cory will be a teacher :P)

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio
Cory and Topanga’s Girl Meets World kiddo is a 13-year-old named Riley who’s full of life, super positive and very loyal to her friends. She’s got a slightly older brother, Elliot, and – this may make fans very happy– her dad is her history teacher. Yup: The Feen-ee has become the Feeny! The show also is casting Riley’s best friend, a dark, edgy, acerbic girl named Maya who’s probably not as pessimistic as she seems.

Just gets better and better <3

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
it might work... I mean even Melissa and Joey is funny............................. sometimes.
#5 Posted by _Hawk_ (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Just an FYI Topanga would have been preggo at 18 for this to work.

#6 Posted by YoungJustice (6684 posts) - - Show Bio

That show won't make it past 2 seasons at best.

#7 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

bmw was one of the best shows abc bought so im guessing that gmw will be even better

#8 Posted by inferiorego (21254 posts) - - Show Bio

When is Topanga going to marry me? I've been waiting a while.

@_Hawk_ said:

Just an FYI Topanga would have been preggo at 18 for this to work.

Or it takes place in 2016?

Staff
#9 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't remember the last time I watched Boy Meets World, but I'll give this a shot.

#11 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9495 posts) - - Show Bio

Maya will be Shaun and Angela's kid. 

#12 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I love you for making this thread. <3

#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Super floopin epic !

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Maya will be Shaun and Angela's kid.

Sourced or speculation?

@Samimista: Hehe <3

#15 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Cory and Topanga’s Girl Meets World kiddo is a 13-year-old named Riley who’s full of life, super positive and very loyal to her friends. She’s got a slightly older brother, Elliot, and – this may make fans very happy– her dad is her history teacher. Yup: The Feen-ee has become the Feeny! The show also is casting Riley’s best friend, a dark, edgy, acerbic girl named Maya who’s probably not as pessimistic as she seems.

Just gets better and better <3

How did I miss this? Cory's gonna be a teacher? Wowzers! That's kinda ironic but awesome. xD I was a bit nervous about this but now I'm excited lol.

#16 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_:  
Speculation 
But it would make a lot of sense