Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Pyrogram

This....Speaks all volumes of truth.

Watch the video, Think about it. Then speak. Don't comment without watching the video.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam

He's got a good point, but he's wrong. People say money is. People say religion is. People say war is. People say racism is. People say weapons are. Tell me, what created all these things that are considered the "root of all evil"? We did. But, what is evil? Evil is the opposite of good. If he thinks being poor is the root of all evil, that means he must thinks money is the root of all that's good.

In case someone misread my comment. I'm not saying humans are the root of all evil. I actually don't believe one exists.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

The video displays a valid point, but it thought process behind it is the wrong though process. I say this regardless of whether you are r poor or not has nothing to do with being the root of evil. Evil is a state of mind, that some are born with, and for others it's a (learned act), to put it simply.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Meh. Human beings in general are the ones that are evil.

papabearg4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

Evil is the opposite of good. If he thinks being poor is the root of all evil, that means he must think money is the root of all that's good.

I was gonna say the same thing.

For my other point, good and evil are merely perceptions. What I consider "good" might be perceived as "evil" by others.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

Evil is the opposite of good. If he thinks being poor is the root of all evil, that means he must think money is the root of all that's good.

I was gonna say the same thing.

For my other point, good and evil are merely perceptions. What I consider "good" might be perceived as "evil" by others.

Hence, why I think evil and good are non-existent.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump, this should get some views, it is interesting.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignorance is the root of all evil; individuals that choose a life revolving around such a concept are what cause chaos in the world. Science, which obviously involves knowledge and intelligence, is the best way to achieve prosperity, order, advancement, and peace in the world.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I say greed is the root of all evil.

( + )

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that was a nice spoken word.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think the real "evil" if that is want to call it,is actually greed,or more specifically how unfairly wealth is distributed.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By russellmania77

money is

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The love of money is the root of all evil.

But at the end of the day, I blame humans. We all have the ability to do bad things.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator

Its nice dramatic artistic piece, and thats how I take it, anything more I would view as superficial and grossly simplistic as far as actual application to reality. To me this speaks volumes of truth the same way a child who has just read their first philosophy book preaches about "truth" unaware that actually many other people have considered reflected and reasoned over things both longer, more critically and more sincerely as well.

Being poor is relative and subjective, just like happiness, when happiness is the result for people based on external factors primarily then happiness is when people have more than others in the perceptive sense, and this applies to all tiers of wealth. A man in a big cardboard box with lots of blankets, socks and clothes and a bigger piece of bread will know happiness if he is only surrounded by people in small cardboard boxes with skimp clothing. The millionaire on the street full of billionaires can reflect on themselves negatively and be unhappy for their perceived failure. In modern times the spread of technology means everyone can be aware of how many people have it better than them, and most people still don't actually realize how unfair the system is. In this sense you could almost argue that knowledge, awareness and education is the root of all evil, incidentally a foundation for the status quo and tool of oppression throughout history is the vilification of knowledge and learning and also attempts to stop the spread of knowledge and information.

Still even with modern technology peoples perception of wealth, its distribution are off, better than the past, but still inaccurate. Evil is just a lazy short hand term for negative qualities in a more extreme sense. In that sense the term is meaningless. It just sounds a certain way. Knowledge and education can bring happiness, it lets you know it can just be an attitude that can arise from internal reasoning. Money wasn't really created by people, in the sense value always existed, variety of preference. Man projected value on to certain objects to use in a roughly objective way to aid in interactions. Before money it was goats and other people. I mean I could continue. I mean ugh equivocating anorexia with wealth is just a tricky thing to do, you know, and personal incredulity is not a good enough reason to draw that comparison. Video sets up too many strawman to knock down.

Like I said though, you use this kind of music as backing and footage from movies? Yeah its more artistic and thats cool. Art is power and a tool too, but I look for my truth in more objective places where invoking intellectual thinking is the goal not invoking emotional or naive responses. I mean the maker of the video even explained it was motivated by his own personal frustration and also summing up his feelings as a poor man, based on his external situation. Ultimately from what I can understand his main point was that poor people have less options and less options can mean participating in "evil" acts to get more money and that I actually do think is a pretty good and valid point.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By DH69

ooookay so wipe out poor people and the world will be a better place...logical.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc:

Ultimately from what I can understand his main point was that poor people have less options and less options can mean participating in "evil" acts to get more money and that I actually do think is a pretty good and valid point.

Very nice sum up, Especially that above piece ^

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nerdork

Nicely made video, with some fairly decent points that I heard all too often while in college (doesn't make it irrelevant). But, evil is a biased perception that can change from person to person, as he pointed out. And this video is more about humanity's inherent desires and needs, rather than the presence and perception of evil.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

This video was good. Money is an object and has no independent will so it cannot be good or evil. It is merely a program that is used for good and evil. I know I'm a hypocrite when I say this but as human beings we should guard our souls. When you enter into something, that something enters into you. A poor child can watch music videos of rich people hoarding their wealth over him. I'm not saying this will turn him evil but music (people, society and the media) influences, everything has a message which is like a seed in your soul. Unfortunately, we live in a materialistic world where everything is money, we depend on money, there is always money to be made. Our Money is entertainment, freedom and power when used correctly. Money isn't a bad thing, it's just what we do to get it. Our situation as poor forces us to work harder and think faster. We need money but also love, don't let money be a substitute because it is not the solution to your soul.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By Aiden Cross

I like the video for what it is but i disagree. I think the problem lies in ignorance, indifference and lack of education.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By turoksonofstone

Ahh..but the poor are the root of all Wealth.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pyrogram

I like the video for what it is but i disagree. I think the problem lies in ignorance, indifference and lack of education.

Loading Video...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@pyrogram:

Loading Video...

India is smart to sterilize them in return for welfare

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B*llshit! Lemons are the root of all evil!

No Caption Provided

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aiden Cross

@pyrogram: Education comes in many forms. It's just not about sitting in school banks and studying from a book. ;) Many important subjects are a taboo to talk about in different cultures and countries, sex for example. My sister in law went to Ghana to teach children there about the importance of safe sex but it's very difficult to even bring up that subject. She conducted interviews with adults to gain an insight on how they viewed sexual relations and they had to do this secretive and anonimous because there's such a stigma on it. Hence why education is important.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pyrogram

@aiden_cross: Of-course it is, That whole video is about why he loves education, Without it, we would all be like @capfanboy :P, But seriously, I get you, and agree :)

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aiden Cross
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pyrogram
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@aiden_cross: Of-course it is, That whole video is about why he loves education, Without it, we would all be like @capfanboy :P, But seriously, I get you, and agree :)

You mean all that is awesome in the world complete with luscious hair and a personality that makes you croak with lust? We could all stand to be a little more like me, especially me.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

B*llshit! Lemons are the root of all evil!

No Caption Provided

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6cwqdriT61ryj6qoo1_500.gif

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Lemons are just as sour as they look I tell you. D= Not even peppermints like em.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Lemons are just as sour as they look I tell you. D= Not even peppermints like em.

Question is: Do they hate Lemons cause they're evil or are the Lemons evil cause they are hated?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista said:

Question is: Do they hate Lemons cause they're evil or are the Lemons evil cause they are hated?

Such a confuzzling question that spaghetti sauce would explode out of Psyduck's head. D=

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Ignorance and hate are the source of evil.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video:"yeah i'm religious, but i never read anywhere where it said i'd be happier poor in any of the scriptures"

Bible:"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God"

Bible:"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"

Bible: "Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me"

As usual, those who preach are usually ignorant of what they're preaching about.

There are plenty of people who are poor and happy, just like there are plenty of people who are rich and unhappy, and plenty who would trade one for the other.

Avatar image for eagle_of_the_east
Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: +1 for actually knowing the Bible.

--

On the video while its a nice spoken word it doesn't have anything meaningful to say about ethics or value.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are plenty of people who are poor and happy, just like there are plenty of people who are rich and unhappy, and plenty who would trade one for the other.

Seriously? Show me a rich man wanting to be poor, then we can talk. A Rich man who WISHES to be poor, that is never going to happen, because they are Rich...and not poor. You obviously did not understand the message of the video.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I have money so :P

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Loki9876

that accent
but poverty isn't the root of all evil. There is a certain amount of money that is needed for basic comfort, the rest of happiness can be achieved by friendship etc.
Just ask Epicurus.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a pretty poem -- that's about it.

Poverty (in the context of the video) is not the root of all evil. In my experience, I know much more people who some might call poor being happier than those considered rich.

I know, weird right? I will tell you something, they are great people to keep company with. The happier ones.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't load the videos.. but if it says what the title says, I strongly disagree.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Evilness is the human part that is trying to destroy everything.

Eros and Thanatos—Freud identifies two drives that both coincide and conflict within the individual and among individuals. Eros is the drive of life, love, creativity, and sexuality, self-satisfaction, and species preservation. Thanatos, from the Greek word for "death" is the drive of aggression, sadism, destruction, violence, and death. At the conclusion of C&D, Freud notes (in 1930-31) that human beings, following Thanatos, have invented the tools to completely exterminate themselves; in turn, Eros is expected to "make an effort to assert himself in the struggle with an equally immortal adversary. But who can foresee with what success and with what result?"

Good and Evil are only inside of men, not in the outside, as long as people try to do everything they can to deny their own nature and belive everything they do is right dont matter what, thing will get worst.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just to clarify, the scripture in question actually reads as:

"Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:9-10 NIV

For far too many years the popular cliché is that "money is the root of all evil" which is completely inaccurate in reference to it's original source. Clearly it is the love of money (greed) which leads to "all kinds of evil" not necessarily the singular source of all evil. So thankfully that saves us from having to go through the mental gymnastics of trying to figure out how greed leads to all forms of evil (or severe negativity, or whatever you wish to call it).

As far as the idea that no rich person has ever chosen to be poor one need only look to both Catholic and Buddhist vows of poverty. Literally tens of thousands if not millions have voluntarily chosen a life of self denial which has led them arguably to find bliss in this life. Many from very privileged classes.

Ultimately I think the maker of the video arrives at the conclusion that it is greed and social inequality which is the villain in his piece. Which although is not the root of ALL evil IMO...it is a major factor in the unhappiness of many millions.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Disagree.

Being neither poor nor rich causes one to automatically become evil.