Posted by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) 7 months, 30 days ago

Being a superhero in real life (16 votes)

You're crazy, Last Son 38%
You're crazy, but you at least make some sense, Last Son 63%

It's the elephant in the room right na na na. We all know being a vigilante isn't a bright move, but could cosplaying while you're volunteering, say, at the soup kitchen, count as something good? You could even form a group. Leave crime fighting to the professionals, but do something to help in another way?

Yes? No? Too much time being a fanboy and reading comics and watching movies?

#1 Posted by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Would that really count as being a superhero? A real life superhero to me is somebody like Phoenix Jones. Not that doing what you're suggesting isn't a good deed or anything.

#3 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody can be a Superhero because we can't have superpowers. And before you say power suits, when an average Joe can buy a power suit, it's no more special than a gun.

#4 Posted by russellmania77 (13562 posts) - - Show Bio

so being a boy scout counts than?

#5 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody can be a Superhero because we can't have superpowers. And before you say power suits, when an average Joe can buy a power suit, it's no more special than a gun.

You assume no one on here has superpowers.

That may not be the case.

#6 Posted by Yokergeist (12300 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's possible to be a superhero but you have to be this to make up for not having superpowers:

1. Really smart. To be able to stop people with guns and knifes without getting killed. And also plan attacks and stuff.

2. Incredible athlete. Strength, speed, agility, toughness, all are needed to becoming a hero and to take out people that may be bigger than you.

3. Rich. To afford all the gadgets, suits, and weapons.

4. A good attitude. Being able to give up other things so you can fight crime.

That is how you be a superhero. I didn't really understand your post much, being a hero but leaving crime fighting for professionals?

#7 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7769 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity said:

You assume no one on here has superpowers.

That may not be the case.

Quiet! Before you reveal too much.

#8 Posted by waezi2 (4931 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by waezi2 (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare: You were part of the post by mistake. Sorry

#11 Posted by Ostyo (4067 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Darling_Luna (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

You can be hero

#13 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Volunteer.

#14 Posted by Abattoir (847 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly i would do it just to look at the expression of "scumbaggery" fight a loosing battle with confusion on the face of thine enemies.....

#15 Posted by Batman242 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's possible to be a superhero but you have to be this to make up for not having superpowers:

1. Really smart. To be able to stop people with guns and knifes without getting killed. And also plan attacks and stuff.

2. Incredible athlete. Strength, speed, agility, toughness, all are needed to becoming a hero and to take out people that may be bigger than you.

3. Rich. To afford all the gadgets, suits, and weapons.

4. A good attitude. Being able to give up other things so you can fight crime.

That is how you be a superhero. I didn't really understand your post much, being a hero but leaving crime fighting for professionals?

Batman in a nutshell.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I'd rather be a supervillain.

That is actually possible.

#17 Posted by TifaLockhart (13828 posts) - - Show Bio

But supervillains in real life suck.