Beheading in london- Muslims respond.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/23/us-britain-attack-muslims-idUSBRE94M0WC20130523?feedType=RSS&feedName=everything&virtualBrandChannel=11563

(Reuters) - Strapping his baby into a car seat, Abu Khaled said it was unfortunate that a British soldier was hacked to death in an apparent Islamist attack a day earlier in London, but it was not the only misfortune on his mind.

"A 75-year-old man was stabbed to death earlier this month on his way back from the mosque in Birmingham. You didn't hear about that, did you?" said the bearded 36-year-old personal trainer, speaking near East London Mosque, one of the capital's oldest and largest.

"Eleven children died in Afghanistan in a U.S. drone attack about the time of the Boston bombings. You didn't hear about that either, did you?" he said.

The overwhelming reaction from Muslim communities to the brutal killing on Wednesday has been one of horror, compounded by fears of a backlash.

"These men have insulted Allah (God) and dishonored our faith ... There will no doubt be a lot of soul-searching about why these individuals do what they do," Farooq Murad, head of the Muslim Council of Britain, said in a news conference.

Abu Khaled said it was probably Western treatment of Muslim life as "collateral damage" in conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq that triggered Wednesday's crazed attack in Woolwich, southeast London.

In a video of the killing, one of the two suspects, named by local media as Londoner Michael Adebolajo, 28, said he did it because "Muslims are dying every day" and that the soldier's death was a "tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye".

For east London housewife Muna Hussein, 35, nothing could justify such an act.

"That man was slaughtered like a goat. I was shocked. I couldn't sleep. I was afraid to leave the house in case people attacked me for wearing a headscarf," she said.

Abu Khaled's chief concern now is for his extended family, who live in the east London district of Barking, a bastion of the English Defense League, a far-right group that opposes what it sees as the spread of Islamic extremism in Britain, which on Wednesday took to the streets in protest.

"The terrible events in Woolwich today were a reminder of something very few are willing to accept: we are at war ... in defense of our culture, our rights, our freedom and our country," the group said on its website.

ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

The East London Mosque's Facebook page is now littered with threats and xenophobic comments, and two other mosques have been attacked. The East London Mosque also houses a Muslim center, and is involved in combating extremist teaching.

"The mosque and center is between a rock and a hard place ... We're trying to fight off two kind of extremist groups - the far right, and we're trying to fight off these extremist groups within our own community," spokesman Salman Farsi said, adding that fear had spread through British Muslim communities.

The center said state support had been lacking since David Cameron's coalition government came to power in 2010, embarking on a tough austerity drive to fix a big budget deficit.

In recent years party leaders have also toughened their rhetoric on immigration.

"The coalition has just cut connections with the Muslim community. It's almost like they don't want to engage. Money's gone to think-tanks over grass roots and frontline work. And that's one of the reasons you see trouble on the streets," said Shaynul Khan, another mosque spokesman.

Farsi said his center was battling against figures such as Anjem Choudary, the head of a banned British radical Islamist group, who told Reuters he knew Adebolajo and declined to condemn his attack, blaming it on "British foreign policy".

One of Choudary's fellow preachers Abu Abdullah Al-Britani, who gives sermons calling for the end of western democracy and for the introduction of sharia law, said the killing was a natural reaction to what Britain was doing overseas.

"Nobody wants to see this; we want to live in peace, in harmony, but we can't do that if the British are going to be going around butting their noses into other people's business," he told Reuters.

Choudary and al-Britani appear to have some sympathizers.

"Police always pull me aside at airports and ask me whether I know any terrorists. I say I do, and their eyes go wide," Abu Khaled said.

"I say George Bush and Tony Blair," he said, referring to the former U.S. and British leaders behind the 2003 Iraq war.

(Additional reporting by Michael Holden; Editing by Will Waterman)

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By consolemaster001

@nerx: Sooo what's your point ? Please clarify

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: him and his homey chopped up the englishman after ramming him with a car, three brave women slowed them down.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: That's horrible ! There should be a vigilante group of muslims who stop these kind of people.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Nah with sabers lol

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

"Eleven children died in Afghanistan in a U.S. drone attack about the time of the Boston bombings. You didn't hear about that either, did you?" he said.

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would have to take a minute and pause here.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@nerx: That's horrible ! There should be a vigilante group of muslims who stop these kind of people.

That could just make things worse really. It could lead to gang wars against those and the extremist Muslims.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who attacks a Muslim or a mosque because of this are morons -- they don't represent the majority of people who have the ability to determine extremists act on their own. However, more noise needs to be made from the Islamic community in condemning these acts -- a lot more. Co-ordinate a group which can be turned to in denouncing these acts of terrorism -- there is an unfortunate need for this in the environment the world is in today.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Yeah, when western media do an expose on muslim communities they always aim at the most extreme. Its as if people look at westboro folks and say that they are the delegates of christianity to the world.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By cameron83

@lykopis said:

Anyone who attacks a Muslim or a mosque because of this are morons -- they don't represent the majority of people who have the ability to determine extremists act on their own. However, more noise needs to be made from the Islamic community in condemning these acts -- a lot more. Co-ordinate a group which can be turned to in denouncing these acts of terrorism -- there is an unfortunate need for this in the environment the world is in today.

This.And I agree with Nerx.

Due to the media (or a large portion) they seem to LOVE controversy and attention.So they pick the most controversial topics and focus on extremists and make it seem as if those people are representatives of said group.Either the media does that,or alot of people....or both.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting this again

Loading Video...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

This.And I agree with Nerx.

Due to the media (or a large portion) they seem to LOVE controversy and attention.So they pick the most controversial topics and focus on extremists and make it seem as if those people are representatives of said group.Either the media does that,or alot of people....or both.

If the media shows Muslims with hate of course the kids will imitate, it needs peace not re-enforcing stereotypes that will bite them back in the asses. Since they want savage mozzies they got savage mozzies, when they complain it is too late.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lykopis: Yeah, when western media do an expose on muslim communities they always aim at the most extreme. Its as if people look at westboro folks and say that they are the delegates of christianity to the world.

Many people do.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nerx
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By JJ62

Religious extremism is a curse on society. Regardless of what religion it comes from. Right now, most religious extremism comes from Islam. Whereas Christians were the religious terrorists years ago, what with the crusades, forcing native Americans into Catholicism, etc. The pendulum just swings between one religion or another, doesn't matter which one it is. All that matters is that people are being killed by religious terrorists for no reason and it needs to be stopped.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

@jj62 said:

Religious extremism is a curse on society. Regardless of what religion it comes from. Right now, most religious extremism comes from Islam. Whereas Christians were the religious terrorists years ago, what with the crusades, forcing native Americans into Catholicism, etc. The pendulum just swings between one religion or another, doesn't matter which one it is. All that matters is that people are being killed by religious terrorists for no reason and it needs to be stopped.

This is Great post

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By King_Saturn
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Posting this again

Loading Video...

I like this dude he makes a lot of sense.... he's also wearing a Heroes of Hire t-shirt.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By consolemaster001
No Caption Provided

This

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By consolemaster001
lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lykopis

Posting this again

Loading Video...

This gentleman needs to be given some airtime in the major networks. The most clear-headed and fair assessment of what happened and the reactions to it. Awesome video -- thanks for sharing it.

Unfortunately, I have rebuttals for each of those statements. Memes like this don't help, it only pushes out more misinformation.

Why is the Muslim reaction to this violence not more vocal?

A similar incident happened in France today

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/25/world/europe/france-soldier-stabbing/index.html

The solider attacked was actually on duty -- fully uniformed and thankfully survived the knife attack with non-life threatening injuries. I would say it was an attempt at mimicking what happened in Britain by a lone, insane fanatic. In this instance, it's perhaps better it doesn't get as much coverage as it would encourage more of this behaviour around the world by other insane individuals.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By laflux

@lykopis: Its nice to see a fellow Nigerian show such eloquence. This is what he and we actually like to do in our spare time.

Loading Video...

He was younger here.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@consolemaster001: So it's justified for them to kill innocents because they're showing others how to treat them?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lykopis

@laflux:

I just lost myself in some of the other videos -- bookmarked and subscribed. Very cool.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gungunw: I suppose I haven't been clear, my bad. I think it's talking about palestinians.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lykopis

@gungunw: I suppose I haven't been clear, my bad. I think it's talking about palestinians.

That's a long and convoluted history --- while I am of the mind Israel is wrong in their continuous taking of Palestinian lands, Palestinian attacks on Israel for decades has been almost entirely terrorist attacks -- purposeful taking of innocent civilian lives. I am not defending Israel's many wrongs against Palestine, but to present Palestine as not having terrorism as part of their history is wrong. Plus, you do not kill a child in response to the killing of another child.

Seriously, not a very good meme.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what this was necrobumped

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: I think the guy above you has a real hate for muslims. He's been like this on a bunch of threads.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

battledomez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Londonistan?

http://www.businessinsider.com/in-britain-police-arrest-twitter-and-facebook-users-if-they-make-anti-muslim-statements-2013-5

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/05/27/horrifying-with-23000-jihadists-in-britain-terror-threat-more-than-seven-times-greater-than-feared/