#1 Edited by RingSlinger (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone noticed that more and more whenever someone offers a past thread between two characters as evidence towards a certain outcome, the other user will just say "that battle thread is wrong cause its just opinions". Well, isnt every single thread on here an opinion?? This is really burning me up that people can just make up dumb things so they dont have to be wrong, and the worst part is people actually go along with it!

If you use this argument for past battle threads just stop posting here because by your own reasoning your battle threads also mean nothing.

#2 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

depends imo..hearsay is a Git, evidence matters & even better scans :)

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16027 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless its retardedly obvious (like someone is trolling or flaming) I would judge most outcomes of battle threads as reasonably reliable. Most people in them have an idea of what they are talking about and you can quickly tell who the ones are that don't.

So I think they can be used to support a claim but not really to prove a point as just because 1 guy can beat another doesn't mean he'll beat the new one he's being put up against.

#4 Posted by RingSlinger (533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime: Well thats the problem, those threads that are being accused of being "wrong" are full of scans and evidence supporting one character or another in a logical and easy to understand manner but im still having to deal with other users that will ignore all the scans and evidence put forth in those threads because they dont like the outcome, blaming the result on fanboys and such when that clearly isnt the case.

#5 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

good points :)

Imo best way to deal with these guys/Gals is to ignore them & carry on the debate at least with someone who is at the very least trying to put up a good argument for a character/Team..

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Unless its retardedly obvious (like someone is trolling or flaming) I would judge most outcomes of battle threads as reasonably reliable. Most people in them have an idea of what they are talking about and you can quickly tell who the ones are that don't.

So I think they can be used to support a claim but not really to prove a point as just because 1 guy can beat another doesn't mean he'll beat the new one he's being put up against.

This.

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17498 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Strider92 said:

This.