It always was

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Like Off-Topic is any better....

That being said, the forums is a landfill in general--always was, always will be.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

It's very competitive and sadly sometimes it brings out the worse in people.

I have had my fair share of bad experiences but not everyone is like that. I have made a fair share of some rather nice friends from battle forum. Some of them have been super helpful.

It's easy to be swayed by the action of few but there are a lot of users, cool as cucumber as well. You just need to be better at picking the debate with the right person.

=)

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for inquisitor_lavellan
Inquisitor_Lavellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like Off-Topic is any better....

That being said, the forums is a landfill in general--always was, always will be.

OT is more chill and laidback for what is worth.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, battle forums is straight to me. I've yet to get into a serious dispute with anyone there, and most of the participants in the debates that occur on the board are fairly tolerable. Although, I don't venture there often, so my praise could just be a product of my ignorance.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Straight-Fire

@inquisitor_lavellan:

Nah, don't think so. Let's look at the drama Off-Topic has caused over the years... The Lyko b.s., mod wars and the Geist invasion. This place is just as much of a danger zone as the Battle Forum.

And I also hate the bad rep some people give the Battle Boards. Sure, it has its fair share of idots, but morons are everywhere. Just pick and choose who you have conversations with, that's all.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It always has been

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: i wasnt trying to subtle, hehehe, that was just my honest to goodness opinion about battle forum based on my limited exposure there =)

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It wasn't a mess before?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Claymore1998

@citizensentry: i seem to have disappointed you. Though the curiosity is killing me, what did you think i was implying ? Hehe tell me >_<

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You have fanboys trying to pass hypocrisy as fact....its about as clean as Courtney Love

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: I'm not saying anything. My ego couldn't take another blow :'(

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.

Inquisitor_Lavellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011 said:

@inquisitor_lavellan:

Nah, don't think so. Let's look at the drama Off-Topic has caused over the years... The Lyko b.s., mod wars and the Geist invasion. This place is just as much of a danger zone as the Battle Forum.

And I also hate the bad rep some people give the Battle Boards. Sure, it has its fair share of idots, but morons are everywhere. Just pick and choose who you have conversations with, that's all.

Those were big deal events, but everytime I look at the Battle Boards there are debates going south fast at every turn and a literal warzone. In the off-topic board, arguments get confined to the religion, feminism and US election threads. Its rare for sh*t to break out outside of these spaces.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inquisitor_lavellan: but thats understandable though friend. It's after all a forum for a debate. It's human nature to resist when someone tells you that you are wrong.

Its understandable. I personally think other forums are much better in that regards but point was if you are better at picking who to debate with or against battle forum can actually be rather fun.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I find it odd that anybody takes the Battles board seriously. It should be a purely whimsical place where people speculate on how fantasy fights might go down. It should be a great place to have fun and light-hearted arguments and learn new things about characters abilities and feats.

Instead, the board is split between people who pick a side without providing any reasoning for it (which defeats the fun of the discussion) and people who have memorized complex arguments for the abilities of every character, will talk down to you like an idiot if you don't know all of these feats, and insist that any understanding of the characters abilities that do not coincide perfectly with their understanding of the character is hopelessly foolish and inept. If you have any evidence for your differing views, it's PIS.

I occasionally slip into a Battles thread just to see some interesting ideas thrown around, but it's not worth the effort to actually engage in conversation.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't a mess before?

You have fanboys trying to pass hypocrisy as fact....its about as clean as Courtney Love

@batwatch said:

I find it odd that anybody takes the Battles board seriously. It should be a purely whimsical place where people speculate on how fantasy fights might go down. It should be a great place to have fun and light-hearted arguments and learn new things about characters abilities and feats.

Instead, the board is split between people who pick a side without providing any reasoning for it (which defeats the fun of the discussion) and people who have memorized complex arguments for the abilities of every character, will talk down to you like an idiot if you don't know all of these feats, and insist that any understanding of the characters abilities that do not coincide perfectly with their understanding of the character is hopelessly foolish and inept. If you have any evidence for your differing views, it's PIS.

I occasionally slip into a Battles thread just to see some interesting ideas thrown around, but it's not worth the effort to actually engage in conversation.

Pretty much sums it up.

Inquisitor_Lavellan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inquisitor_lavellan: but thats understandable though friend. It's after all a forum for a debate. It's human nature to resist when someone tells you that you are wrong.

Its understandable. I personally think other forums are much better in that regards but point was if you are better at picking who to debate with or against battle forum can actually be rather fun.

Its all cool to debate stuff, but some users take it very personal and start flinging insults very quickly and engage in ad hominen.

But I can see your point, its better to engage friends than some strangers.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*claps*

Well said, to be honest. Thought I was alone there for a sec. :)

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inquisitor_lavellan: absolutely friend i completely agree. I have been on a receiving end a few times. I actually stopped visiting battle forum for a while and started hanging out on the off topic forum. Once my post count increased and had made fair few friends i tried battle forum again. This time i tried to be a bit cleaver on who i debate with and also note names of people who seem to throw insults. That gave me a fair idea regarding who to avoid.

After that battle forum has been pretty fun.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True. Its a mess but what will you do about it?

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: i wasnt trying to subtle, hehehe, that was just my honest to goodness opinion about battle forum based on my limited exposure there =)

You think this is bad? Really? There is so much Mod support, and rules in place, Im not sure why you think this is a mess. Try KMC Battle Forums, thats a mess. Just mentioning it makes me want to clean myself. Ewk.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably because...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Comicvine as a whole has been degrading for the past 2 years or so

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very true. But I enjoy it anyway

Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a joke.

People make claims without any evidence and then expect you to adhere to their view as if they are the ruler of a one world government

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How so?

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, battle forum is the fun part of the vine.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I beg to differ. Some threads contain a mess and others do not.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only certain threads, not the Battle Forum as a whole.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@khael said:

It probably because...

No Caption Provided

This

I cannot click upon a single thread in that place, without feeling like i lost 100 IQ points

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine as a whole has been degrading for the past 2 years or so

This is true......Has anyone tried to reach out to the mods to address this situation on the Battle Forums because Comic Vine is a service, and the mods do a have obligation to help maintain a certain level of dialogue in the forums.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

True. Its a mess but what will you do about it?

No Caption Provided

Still not beating Fantômas.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's gotten very bad. Plus there's rarely ever a good thread to post in.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pipxeroth

Of course it is, but hey - whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right?

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire site is full of idiots. Stating they hang out mostly in the Battle Forums is subjective.

You're one of them

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been on this site as much as I used to a few years back, but if what everyone is saying about the battle forums are true, then you guys, unfortunately have missed quite a lot. There was a point in time where the battle's scenario was very well thought out and detailed, while top debaters would, well..debate for hours, even sometimes days on end. It was very entertaining just to follow and read through each of the debaters opinions and posts.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Khael

@sedna_goddess: Hehehe ^_^

It's a joke but I suggest you to not throw insult like that unless it's a joke

EmeraldEazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EmeraldEazy

@lagoonboy2:

I feel like that happens mainly on CAV threads now. I'm on the Battle forums all the time, but I definitely notice a lot of the problems mentioned.

A lot of it has to do with half the topics having the characters "bloodlusted", which basically means you cherry pick the high-end feats of the character, and the character is as strong as he could possibly be in theory according to how you think you would fight if you were him. Like seriously, why do you want to debate a character who isn't actually that character?

Then, you get a lot of people trying to argue stupid technicalities and call it a win unless someone has some scan showing an exact resistance to that one thing. I remember one Flash vs Thanos thread where one guy went on for days about how Thanos showed no resistance to Wally's phasing. Thanos has resisted phasing before, but Wally's phasing worked by fitting inbetween the molecules, and Thanos never showed a specific resistance to that kind of phasing, so he was convinced that Bloodlusted Wally would win instantly.

Speaking of Flash threads, I count count how many times someone literally tried to argue that Wally or Barry would win, because its impossible that the person could react before Flash could get him due to the time it would take the Neurons in his brain to send electrical signals. These character are almost always faster than light, but somehow due to physics they can only think at the speed of a normal human.

Then you get stupid stuff with DBZ people try to claim since a non-canon movie character destroyed a Galaxy, another canon character can do much more. And on the other side of the coin, you get MFTL feats from Beerus, but because theres no scan of someone in the middle of a fight saying "we are fighting at 25x the speed of light" that the best you can argue is that they are speed of sound levels.

Then you get stupid manga debaters who think because a character dodged a laser attack, or something described as an attack of light, that the characters are proven FTL.

Another problem is people don't know how strong each characters are and make mismatches, or make team battles where two of the guys outclass the other by so much it might as well be a 1v1.

BUT, the main thing (along with everyone wanting to use bloodlusted characters for god-knows what reason) that I think is a huge problem everyone thinks they have the "gotcha" argument when the other character doesn't have an example of doing/blocking, etc the EXACT thing your character did, ignoring the fact that the other side probably has a million of those too.

Please don't get me started on DBZ. I'm a huge DBZ stan, but man DBZ fans are annoying. They literally try to use an "official" fan guidebook released 20 years ago for "proof" of stuff contradicted by the manga and the Akira Toriyama (the author). These same people wouldn't bat an eyelash when calling you out for using the "official" Marvel wiki as proof of something.

There's just soo much. I will say it can be something special though when you get a topic where people are actually trying to address each others points and defend their own. Those are amazing.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle Forum Users!!!
Battle Forum Users!!!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a joke.

People make claims without any evidence and then expect you to adhere to their view as if they are the ruler of a one world government

the worst is when they try to apply their own version of what the character is thinking or feeling. I was recently in one, where a character was stated to be built superior to another in every way possible just to get that out of the way, that was in their bio and the reader can get on with the story. The op made a topic about the obsolete version vs the upgraded one which you would think is a mismatch.

"that doesn't mean anything, they could have been lying"

even though the character says one thing, surprise! it's wrong and what he "ACTUALLY" meant is what ever is in the opposite sides favor.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what, wanna fight about it?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers