Battle Forum Improvements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the creator

I was just about to post in K4tzm4n's goodbye thread and the thread appears to have disappeared...... 

My response was to a posting made by Mistress Redhead. 
She said (and I paraphrase here as I cannot quote the exact words anymore) "that a lot of work was being done by Arrow to improve the battles forum and there is a lot of work being done by others in the background". 

Below is  what my response was to be 

And yet apart from Arrow, the communication form the Staff (and most mods) is silence....... 
People get frustrated because they don't see change towards improvement. 
Humans get frustrated because of poor communication (read as lack of). 
Perhaps if others understood this very simple fact, their approach to the problem might change i.e. they might communicate effectively.

If you want to make an improvement start with your ability to communicate. 
Humans are funny creatures when you look at the way their minds work..... 
They don't mind having to wait for a bus or the like, that is running late, as long as they are informed of the reasons why it is running late. It gives them some sense of controlling the situation. 
Take the hint and improve the communication. 

If you are making changes or improvements, what are they ?
When are you making these proposed improvements ? 
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

My apologies, I misread your first post and tried to reply to you in the other thread but there was nothing there! 

and now my other comment seems to have gone, but I am sure you got it.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the creator
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
"and now my other comment seems to have gone, but I am sure you got it. "

No I did not get it. 
I could lecture you about making assumptions.
I could go on to say that this fits in nicely with my points above - poor communication perhaps because people assume others know things. 

However I don't think it would do any good.
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By shanana

What exactly is the problems; you guys are looking to  have fixed. I've been in Four different arguments, about these battle forums and most of them have been about other users breaking the rules. What is going on that has this forum so tossy turvey, It wasn't like this 2 years ago?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By dane
@Sha said:
"I've been in Four different arguments, about these battle forums and most of them have been about other users breaking the rules."
Your willful ignorance is fathomless.

Four different arguments and you're yet to have gleamed anything past 'people are breaking rules'. Sounds like you pay a lot of attention to what other people have to say, really.
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shanana
@Dane said:

" @Sha said:

"I've been in Four different arguments, about these battle forums and most of them have been about other users breaking the rules."

Your willful ignorance is fathomless.  Four different arguments and you're yet to have gleamed anything past 'people are breaking rules'. Sounds like you pay a lot of attention to what other people have to say, really. "
That's all your saying, Rules, Trolls, and Spite Threads, and having to put up with them! (See What you said below)  They are problems with every part of this forum; The battle forum is no different. You don't want to ignore the Spite threads, and The Dupe Threads and the trolls that 9 times out of 10 turn out to be little kids, Which tell me you don't wanna play your part in HELPING The forum. But all that aside, I'll even forget the fact that you've been relentlessly attacking my character for no apparent reason and ask you this. 

If YOU were a Moderator what would you do that's different?

Post by Dane (9,165 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Sha said: 

@Dane said: 

@sarah morgan:  So to sum that up, your advice for people who are dissatisfied with the state of these forums would be 'stop posting'?  I think the correlation between stupidity and you entering threads has a much simpler explanation. "

No, to sum up what i said: "If you don't have anything nice to say..keep it to yourself"  What's the point in going into a thread that's titled. Goku vs Aunt May, and calling the creator a Moron?  You don't HAVE to address the people who "mess" these threads up and if you do, you don't HAVE to be an ass about it. I feel like a lot of us fail to realize that these forums are open to children, not just adults. "
That isn't at all what this thread is about. It's so far from it I wonder if you've read what people have written here at all. 

This is about users having to put up with people who blatantly break the rules for months on end and some are never dealt with because we simply do not have moderators active or interested in certain parts of the website. You're suggesting that every problem can be solved by ignoring it. That certainly seems to be a popular method here.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shanana

Anyways, what My suggestion is. 

Take the most Well respected, and intelligent people from the battle forums, and have them police these forums themselves, compile a list of  users with the most offenses and then send them to the mods.  Instead of going to Mods, who you feel you aren't getting results from. go to Shatterstar, Go to Gambler, go to Arrow, Go to Fesak, and others. Complaining directly to the staff is pointless, because they are handling the problems with the site infastructure not the site. However if you constantly bug the Mods, they'll go to the staff and then you'll see your results. 

but i guess now, i see that all that work shouldn't be necessary, but it's the way things are

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Sha said:
" What exactly is the problems; you guys are looking to  have fixed. I've been in Four different arguments, about these battle forums and most of them have been about other users breaking the rules. What is going on that has this forum so tossy turvey, It wasn't like this 2 years ago? "
Well, if you haven't been on it in 2 years, then chances are it's changed quite a bit. It's infested, I have to be very careful about just where I post or else I end up being insulted and attacked by trolls. It's insane,  just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it's not there. I mean when do you even post in the Battles forums? I seen you like once there, and it was only in a Supergirl thread. That's it. That's all I've seen from you and yet you say that you know just what will fix the Battles forums. That we all just need to ignore the trolls. Well honestly the trolls are a lot easier to ignore when you don't go on the Battles forums. But for those of us who do go on the Battles forums, we have issues ignoring trolls when they're constantly flooding our inbox with down right idiotic replies. 

Now me, I don't post in spite threads, I try to ignore trolls, and I generally like to think I'm a good member. So why should I have to suffer through dealing with these trolls who have been banned before multiple times and are still insulting users like they're no tomorrow?
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shanana
@Decoy Elite said:

" @Sha said:

" What exactly is the problems; you guys are looking to  have fixed. I've been in Four different arguments, about these battle forums and most of them have been about other users breaking the rules. What is going on that has this forum so tossy turvey, It wasn't like this 2 years ago? "
Well, if you haven't been on it in 2 years, then chances are it's changed quite a bit. It's infested, I have to be very careful about just where I post or else I end up being insulted and attacked by trolls. It's insane,  just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it's not there. I mean when do you even post in the Battles forums? I seen you like once there, and it was only in a Supergirl thread. That's it. That's all I've seen from you and yet you say that you know just what will fix the Battles forums. That we all just need to ignore the trolls. Well honestly the trolls are a lot easier to ignore when you don't go on the Battles forums. But for those of us who do go on the Battles forums, we have issues ignoring trolls when they're constantly flooding our inbox with down right idiotic replies.   Now me, I don't post in spite threads, I try to ignore trolls, and I generally like to think I'm a good member. So why should I have to suffer through dealing with these trolls who have been banned before multiple times and are still insulting users like they're no tomorrow? "
I used to battle all the time, but like you said not recently. I mean make no mistake that you and Dane are right, I can't diagnose the problem because I don't battle, but this battle forum issue is extending far past the battle forum now. I get on MSN and it's battle forum this and Battle forum that. 

But what can the mods, do? What do YOU want to see done. Is it IP bans, Bans on the battle forum? What is it that needs to be done so that you guys are happy?  You are speaking about trolls that insult people, what about the seasoned Viners that are proven to be confrontational?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Sha:  A little more moderation. Final Arrow is helping out with that. We see him actively trying to help. 
Another good thing would be banning known trolls upon sight. I mean, everyone knows Spike is Spike so why not ban him now? Why is he still going around with two different accounts insulting people? How getting away with that? It's not like he hasn't broken any rules, he breaks them all the time.
How about some way to quickly report dupe threads(FA actually discussed this with some other users) because the flagging system is screwed up the arse?
How about we get some mods who actually pay attention to the Battles forums besides Final Arrow(who can only do so much) and Buckshot(who's never on for long)?
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shanana

I see, I'll Pm Red L.A.M.P and see about a petition.

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the creator said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:
"and now my other comment seems to have gone, but I am sure you got it. "
No I did not get it. I could lecture you about making assumptions.I could go on to say that this fits in nicely with my points above - poor communication perhaps because people assume others know things.  However I don't think it would do any good. "
what the f is your problem with me? I post in the other guys thread to try to keep him here and you choose to make an entire thread attacking me? seriously dude, not the best way to get mods to continue trying to help you. 
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By dane
@Sha: So what would you do if every RPG you made was derailed by "probably little kids"? What if you were abused for stating your own opinions? What if the RPG Forum had no mods at all and every time you mentioned any of those issues you were outright ignored by Staff and Mods while users who know nothing about the RPG Forum and never visit it publicly discredited your explanations. What if they told you that you need to buck up and do your part to help the forums by ignoring these malicious users and pretending it wasn't happening?

What gives you the right to tell us how to handle this? We have tried to use the system in place. We have tried to suffer silently while flagging posts and sending PMs to Mods regarding the behavior of other users. I have told you 5 times and I will never repeat this to you again.

It didn't work.

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

Wow, way to go guys. Two people show up asking what's going on and what they can do to help and you attack them right away. This is definitly a good start to makeing improvements to the battle forums.

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, this thread is not only attacking me but a forum for people to argue about their issues with the battle forums. I am aware a big PM has been going to try to help this and its not really needed on the forums.  

Locked for now.