#1 Posted by nickzambuto (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime vs Comics was unbanned.

DC Fanboys be pissing me off.

/end rant.

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10300 posts) - - Show Bio

Avoid the battle forums.

Don't make a thread to whine about something this stupid.

/thread

#3 Posted by nickzambuto (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Zombie_ said:

Avoid the battle forums.

Don't make a thread to whine about something this stupid.

/thread

#4 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17509 posts) - - Show Bio

If you dont like the battle threads dont post there simple as.

#5 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanboys piss everyone off and ruin the Battle Formus

/The Battle Forums

Everyone complains about them everywhere else, but those places are usually okay.

/Comicvine

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9041 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all the spam that's pissing me off lately. =(

#7 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7088 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of Goku threads are baffling.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19884 posts) - - Show Bio

bruhz ur rant iz like teh best rant evur. so eluburate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

In all seriousness though, I quite enjoy Anime vs. Comic Battles. Sure there are some spite/stomp/mismatches, but those happen to all Battle types regardless of their rules.

#9 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

On the bright side, the forum is moving faster than it has since I've been here. On the not-so-bright side, there are far too many obscure anime characters that I've never heard of and can't debate for/against.

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle Boards piss me off.

I come to Off-Topic board to ease my pain, but all they do is ridicule me further.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaksauce rant :(

I want anger, I want emotion, I want death threats O_O

#12 Posted by _Hawk_ (2052 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I got this...... lol

#13 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3816 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

On the bright side, the forum is moving faster than it has since I've been here. On the not-so-bright side, there are far too many obscure anime characters that I've never heard of and can't debate for/against.

Well there's always the fact you get to learn about those characters

#14 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

If you dont like the battle threads dont post there simple as.

This.

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: You want a rant? Fine.

I've seen more mismatches in 2 days than I have in 2 weeks with the rule now in place. Threads like Kenpachi Zaraki vs Wolverine, Hal Jordan vs Ichigo Kurosaki, Lelouch vs Silver Surfer, Goku vs Galactus and people are serious about them. Research characters. Just because you think this is a good does not make it one. Hence some of these threads I listed. Dragonball Z threads are running disgustingly rampant and there are a few One Piece threads and Bleach threads and very rarely a few others. It's like the Dragonball Z threads are vying for competition with the spam bots to see how fast the battle forums can be flooded with these threads. And virtually every single DBZ thread has copious amounts full page scans that are in stack position. There is a minimize option in side by side sooo why not use it? I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll down, down, down and down to get to the bottom of the page. These threads aren't respect threads why make it annoying for people? And these comparisons. People trying to reach constantly and more than usual in debates which is ruining the quality of them too. Here is a little tip from a Vine vet debater to you; you don't NEED scans. The huge walls and scan orgies does not equate to a good debate point. In fact, the less you use them the better it makes the debate. If you have to present some scans do so in an organized and a more refined fashion. If you need it to reinforce the point fine. Posting 30, full sized images in a single page is ridiculous.

And this isn't solely the anime guys faults. The comic side has had plenty of faults in this and I'll say it is mainly their fault. Going in every thread and what seems like spitefully going against the DBZ characters or manga characters just for being manga characters. Don't antagonize them. The comic side of this ordeal is the main insulting side. It has to stop. It's no better than trolling. It also obviously seems like baiting in an attempt to get the anime vs comic rule put back into place because if it does then obviously the manga will be banned but the comics won't for it being a comic site. Be respectful. If you don't like it then leave. The ban is lifted and it is a rule now. Don't ruin it for the majority that wants it.

Aside from the battle forums being highly more active than what they have been, nothing has changed and it seems to progressed usual behavior at an alarming rate. Same threads as comics are being made; only using well known characters, mismatches etc. Nothing different. People need to let up on the DBZ threads, people need to research characters and stop making spite matches, and people need to stop baiting.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Very true. It wasn't a particularly serious complaint. :P

#17 Posted by SoA (4673 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3816 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Yeah I know :D just putting it out there. There are a lot of characters I don't know about

#19 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3816 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Mercy_: You want a rant? Fine.

I've seen more mismatches in 2 days than I have in 2 weeks with the rule now in place. Threads like Kenpachi Zaraki vs Wolverine, Hal Jordan vs Ichigo Kurosaki, Lelouch vs Silver Surfer, Goku vs Galactus and people are serious about them. Research characters. Just because you think this is a good does not make it one. Hence some of these threads I listed. Dragonball Z threads are running disgustingly rampant and there are a few One Piece threads and Bleach threads and very rarely a few others. It's like the Dragonball Z threads are vying for competition with the spam bots to see how fast the battle forums can be flooded with these threads. And virtually every single DBZ thread has copious amounts full page scans that are in stack position. There is a minimize option in side by side sooo why not use it? I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll down, down, down and down to get to the bottom of the page. These threads aren't respect threads why make it annoying for people? And these comparisons. People trying to reach constantly and more than usual in debates which is ruining the quality of them too. Here is a little tip from a Vine vet debater to you; you don't NEED scans. The huge walls and scan orgies does not equate to a good debate point. In fact, the less you use them the better it makes the debate. If you have to present some scans do so in an organized and a more refined fashion. If you need it to reinforce the point fine. Posting 30, full sized images in a single page is ridiculous.

And this isn't solely the anime guys faults. The comic side has had plenty of faults in this and I'll say it is mainly their fault. Going in every thread and what seems like spitefully going against the DBZ characters or manga characters just for being manga characters. Don't antagonize them. The comic side of this ordeal is the main insulting side. It has to stop. It's no better than trolling. It also obviously seems like baiting in an attempt to get the anime vs comic rule put back into place because if it does then obviously the manga will be banned but the comics won't for it being a comic site. Be respectful. If you don't like it then leave. The ban is lifted and it is a rule now. Don't ruin it for the majority that wants it.

Aside from the battle forums being highly more active than what they have been, nothing has changed and it seems to progressed usual behavior at an alarming rate. Same threads as comics are being made; only using well known characters, mismatches etc. Nothing different. People need to let up on the DBZ threads, people need to research characters and stop making spite matches, and people need to stop baiting.

+1 for the amazing post

#20 Edited by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Honestly, they should just ban DBZ. They're causing more problems than anything else.

Also, I'd like to proudly say that I'm using the less known characters. Long live Code Geass!

... and Hellsing...

#21 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (3816 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@god_spawn:

Honestly, they should just ban DBZ. They're causing more problems than anything else.

Also, I'd like to proudly say that I'm using the less known characters. Long live Code Geass!

... and Hellsing...

This should be All Hail Britiannia :p

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: If we ban one thing, I think we should ban the rest of it. I don't think it would be fair. DBZ may seem like the main problem, and it might be, but it has every right to be used given done a proper and balanced match. Once DBZ gets banned then people will start complaining to something else and we ban that, then some thing else. It's a never ending cycle and the solution would be no better than just banning Storm threads just because 2 users went nuts. And another thing, since I do mostly blame the intolerant comic fans. he DBZ threads may be the cause but it is mostly them that I see causing the problem so why would we bans something that isn't the pro manga side's fault anyway?

Moderator Online
#23 Posted by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@JediXMan said:

@god_spawn:

... and Hellsing...

This should be All Hail Britiannia :p

Pfft. Screw that.

@god_spawn:

Fair point.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Glad we could come to an understanding :) .

Moderator Online