Batman: TAS vs Dragonball Z

• 79 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman: TAS vs Dragonball Z (71 votes)

Batman: TAS 54%
Dragonball Z 46%

Which show did you like more?

vs

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BMTAS, the DBZ anime can't hold my attention. The manga is awesome, though.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Tas

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I loved Batman TAS, but I really loved DBZ growing up.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Batman. DBZ was good but too repetitive. Each saga was basically the same story with a different coat of paint.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Each saga was basically the same story with a different coat of paint.

Elaborate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Batman.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@space_coyote said:

Elaborate.

Maybe "formula" would be a better word.

Each saga goes like this: bad guys show up, beat up good guys. Good guys power up, beat up bad guys. Bad guys power up, beat up good guys. Good guys power up one last time and finally defeat the bad guys. I know that's the basic formula for most shonen, but by the time they got to the Buu saga it was getting pretty blah for me.

And it always bugged me that all the non saiyan characters basically became useless spectators as the series went on.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@space_coyote said:

@princearagorn1 said:
@space_coyote said:

Elaborate.

Each saga goes like this: bad guys show up, beat up good guys. Good guys power up, beat up bad guys. Bad guys power up, beat up good guys. Good guys power up one last time and finally defeat the bad guys. I know that's the basic formula for most shonen, but by the time they got to the Buu saga it was getting pretty blah for me.

In namek saga it was the good guys who went on the other planet...

In mecha frieza saga bad guys showed up and got slaughtered by an yet unknown guy...

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Space_Coyote

That's splitting hairs though. Mecha Frieza was hardly a saga. That lasted all of two episodes. Once they got to Namek that formula kicks in, especially once the fight with Frieza starts. Same thing when Cell shows up. Same thing when Buu shows up.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Batman TAS, but I really loved DBZ growing up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't pick.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Batman TAS is one of the greatest cartoons to ever exist; DBZ is a run-of-the-mill shonen anime that's no better than the dozens of anime in the same category.

This isn't a question of who's better - it's an unfair SLAUGHTERHOUSE in favor of Batman TAS.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Batman forever and always.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dbz

My schedule when i was a kid was

School

Dbz

Sleep

Repeat

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman TAS is one of the greatest cartoons to ever exist; DBZ is a run-of-the-mill shonen anime that's no better than the dozens of anime in the same category.

This isn't a question of who's better - it's an unfair SLAUGHTERHOUSE in favor of Batman TAS.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Extreme Ghostbusters

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Both good. But I liked Batman better. Probably because I didn't watch DBZ till I was a teen.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Batman TAS is one of the greatest cartoons to ever exist; DBZ is the shonen anime.

This isn't a question of who's better - it's an unfair SLAUGHTERHOUSE on ComicVine.

Fixed, for ya. Let's be real, Batman was a great series, but wasn't even the best thing from the DCAU.

This seems like an odd place to post such a poll. I mean, ComicVine isn't exactly known for being impartial to DBZ or Anime in general and they love Batman here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@scouterv:

Fixed, for ya.

Nah. For DBZ being THE shonen anime, it doesn't matter. That's like saying, Mikan is better than Shaq because, he's the original "dominant" Big Man. Things that came after it were quite frankly better written shows. From Reborn! and Naruto, to Fullmetal Alchemist and Claymore - all are superior to DBZ in terms of better written literary opus.

Let's be real, Batman was a great series, but wasn't even the best thing from the DCAU.

Never said it was. But since most of the greatest cartoon to ever exist features most of the 'toons from DCAU - my statement still stands.

This seems like an odd place to post such a poll. I mean, ComicVine isn't exactly known for being impartial to DBZ or Anime in general and they love Batman here.

Bleh. I don't care about fictional apologetic crap on a comic site.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

toughie.

but

@wildvine said:

Both good. But I liked Batman better. Probably because I didn't watch DBZ till I was a teen.

this

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By johnfrank120

DBZ 'cause nostalgia.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman TAS.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I never said there weren't better series, though that's opinion. I like FMA and Part 1 of Naruto, but I'd prefer DBZ to both of them, because of my tastes.

And you do have a point, but I was never a huge B:TAS fan. I always preferred Superman, Static Shock, JL/JLU, and Batman Beyond, so even saying it was the fourth best, I'd say, but then I wouldn't take that as a huge statement itself, even just talking the DCAU.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@dccomicsrule2011: I never said there weren't better series, though that's opinion. I like FMA and Part 1 of Naruto, but I'd prefer DBZ to both of them, because of my tastes.

And you do have a point, but I was never a huge B:TAS fan. I always preferred Superman, Static Shock, JL/JLU, and Batman Beyond, so even saying it was the fourth best, I'd say, but then I wouldn't take that as a huge statement itself, even just talking the DCAU.

Different strokes for different folks on all fronts, I guess.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball Z.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball Z easily

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If this question was put out for a worldwide vote, DBZ would slaughter Batman: TAS.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

The one with plot. Only thing Has is action which is outdated too me now.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Too different to compare.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

umm

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@space_coyote said:

@princearagorn1 said:
@space_coyote said:

Elaborate.

In mecha frieza saga bad guys showed up and got slaughtered by an yet unknown guy...

would you even consider the frieza thing it's own saga. Mecha frieza was filler that lead up to the bigger picture, the androids, which that formula he was talking about works.

Namek they went to another planet, but they bad guy "frieza" still showed up after and followed that formula lol. Minor things change mind you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't decide.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@space_coyote said:

@princearagorn1 said:
@space_coyote said:

Elaborate.

would you even consider the frieza thing it's own saga. Mecha frieza was filler that lead up to the bigger picture, the androids, which that formula he was talking about works.

Namek they went to another planet, but they bad guy "frieza" still showed up after and followed that formula lol. Minor things change mind you.

It was the start of the saga, which broke the pattern... At this point, all you're saying is 'bad guy shows up' - of course the bad guy shows up. He's necessary.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By w0nd
@princearagorn1 said:

@w0nd said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@space_coyote said:

@princearagorn1 said:
@space_coyote said:

Elaborate.

It was the start of the saga, which broke the pattern... At this point, all you're saying is 'bad guy shows up' - of course the bad guy shows up. He's necessary.

and then what happened, trunks explained the real reason he was here to warn them about the androids and then insert formula . If you want to count the Mecha Frieza part as it's own saga then that's fine I guess, it falls under the trunks saga and it was 7 episodes... but his initial point was the majority of it followed that same outline. Several episodes out of over 100 were "different"

The pattern broke briefly and then went back on track. You are technically right, I admit that.

And yes he did kill frieza, then they trained for the androids, they beat the androids. OOPS they were the wrong ones, the new androids come along and beat them up, (after "toying" with them), the z fighters train some more, or fuze, get the upper hand...it is revealed that one is significantly stronger then they lead on to be....blah blah blah.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were awesome but DBZ because I only watched B:TaS after seeing Batman Beyond and Justice League.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

and then what happened, trunks explained the real reason he was here to warn them about the androids and then insert formula.

Androids show up - goku loses, but vegeta slaughters 19. Good guys win, again. Which shouldn't happen according to the 'formula'.

If you want to count the Mecha Frieza part as it's own saga then that's fine I guess, it falls under the trunks saga and it was 7 episodes... but his initial point was the majority of it followed that same outline. Several episodes out of over 100 were "different"

I'm actually counting it as a part of trunks saga - as a start of the saga that doesn't match "the formula"

The pattern broke briefly and then went back on track.

Still not seeing the pattern, lol.

You are technically right, I admit that.

Cool :)

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

TAS. Spite.

It's like comparing The Godfather to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, DBZ was a pretty cool show but too many episodes were filler(Goku holding a Kamehameha for almost the entire episodes while we listen to the villain's deep thoughts)the show was pretty repetitive and the logic just wasn't there sometimes.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By w0nd

"Androids show up - goku loses, but vegeta slaughters 19. Good guys win, again. Which shouldn't happen according to the 'formula'."

Raditz shows up,barely beat ,him piccolo kills him...

stronger siayans are coming, they need to train

On namek, barely beat the ginyu force - Goku handles them all and lucks out on the last one

real bad guy shows up frieza. They need to get stronger to beat him

Frieza shows up who is now fodder, they kill him, are warned real bad guys are coming...they need to train, they kill them, those weren't the REAL bad guys, they lose, they need to train some more to kill them.

There is a HUGE pattern, they either beat one person, and then get their ass kicked, or they win and are warned of a bigger threat. In between that they toy around and keep their "real power" hidden

I don't know how many times they insist their battle is a "warm up" and then power up for 5 mins

They swap out minor things, like the order of who dies, but then it falls right back on track.

Frieza gets killed, someone worse is coming they have to train for....lets change this up, lets make them kill these androids, lets give them a win...but turns out those weren't really the main villains here. Those villains end up breaking arms. They fighters then have to go train, fight, toy around, lose, train some more.

it's like those fan artists who draw bangs on sonic the hedgehog , colour him red, then call him "new"

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@w0nd:

Raditz shows up,barely beat ,him piccolo kills him...

stronger siayans are coming, they need to train

On namek, barely beat the ginyu force - Goku handles them all and lucks out on the last one

real bad guy shows up frieza. They need to get stronger to beat him

Frieza shows up who is now fodder, they kill him, are warned real bad guys are coming...they need to train, they kill them, those weren't the REAL bad guys, they lose, they need to train some more to kill them.

The scenarios are not even similar, lol.

The only theme you can find is they need to get stronger. Which is... well, obvious. There isn't even a single action series otherwise.

There is a HUGE pattern, they either beat one person, and then get their ass kicked, or they win and are warned of a bigger threat. In between that they toy around and keep their "real power" hidden

So... they either win, or lose? that covers about everything if you haven't noticed.

I don't know how many times they insist their battle is a "warm up" and then power up for 5 mins

How many times is that?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn.....hard to pick.

But, I give it to DBZ. Growing up with it more than Batman TAS.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off of my Childhood it's hard to pick, I'll go with Dragon Ball since it had a bigger influence.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were great but TAS was definitely better in my book.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By micah007123

@racob7 said:

It's so weird I enjoyed the manga more than the anime LOL.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, currently I like DBZ more since I rewatched it recently, and I haven't seen Batman TAS since 4 or 5 years ago.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@micah said:

@racob7 said:

I don't think its that surprising tbh, with DBZ <2 hours of Manga reading is probably the equivalent of 15 hours of Anime watching, lol.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@racob7 said:

I don't think its that surprising tbh, with DBZ <2 hours of Manga reading is probably the equivalent of 15 hours of Anime watching, lol.

LOL, yeah I guess that explains it. I was just about to say everything flowed much better in the manga :)