Barack Obama signs 23 excutive orders

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

I can't wait to see the argument for how this thread is not political. 

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@MasterJohn: links don't work

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Oh my god Obama did something that every president since Washington has been able to do that congress Senate and the Supreme Court all have the power to over turn what ever shall we do?!

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MasterJohn

@joshmightbe said:

Oh my god Obama did something that every president since Washington has been able to do that congress Senate and the Supreme Court all have the power to over turn what ever shall we do?!

The off topic forums is a big hotspot for gun control, these executive orders have everything to do with gun control.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@MasterJohn: True but its gotten annoying.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite
@MasterJohn said:

@joshmightbe said:

The off topic forums is a big hotspot for gun control, these executive orders have everything to do with gun control.

You do know it's only a hot spot for gun control because it's literally the only section where threads about it won't be locked?
Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matchstick
@Glitch_Spawn said:

Do you know how many executive orders George W. Bush enacted?

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Matchstick

I fail to see why this required a dedicated thread.  This could have gone in any of the numerous other gun threads especially considering how non controversial all of  the executive orders are. 

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

@Matchstick said:

I fail to see why this required a dedicated thread. This could have gone in any of the numerous other gun threads especially considering how non controversial all of the executive orders are.

Bingo.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

How about stop crying about this thread and ignore it? Yeah this guy makes a lot of political threads, but who cares? If a mod locks it then it's obviously not a necessary off-topic thread, if they dont, then too bad. =P.

But anyways, ON TOPIC...

I read an article about some of the gun control laws Obama will be pushing on Yahoo... Says he wants to ban assault weapons and clips that hold more than 10 bullets. Meh... I don't really care. I have no use for assault rifles. The only things I do with my guns is: hunt (shotgun, 30-30 rifle, and 30-06 rifle) and shoot skeets/targets (again shotguns and rifles)...

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Matchstick
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

How about stop crying about this thread and ignore it? Yeah this guy makes a lot of political threads, but who cares? If a mod locks it then it's obviously not a necessary off-topic thread, if they dont, then too bad. =P.

But anyways, ON TOPIC...

I read an article about some of the gun control laws Obama will be pushing on Yahoo... Says he wants to ban assault weapons and clips that hold more than 10 bullets. Meh... I don't really care. I have no use for assault rifles. The only things I do with my guns is: hunt (shotgun, 30-30 rifle, and 30-06 rifle) and shoot skeets/targets (again shotguns and rifles)...

Complaining about other people complaining makes you just as bad.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

Executive orders are mostly bullsh_t.

They are the President's, no matter whom that might be, way around having to wait for legislation to pass, way to bypass current legislation or way to in effect create law. This kind of thing was one of the biggest reasons the U.S. broke free from England/the British Empire to begin with; Americans didn't want a king/ruler.

Bush did way to many and Obama is now doing so, too. Two wrongs don't make a right. No matter who the President is, or which political party the President is a member of, an executive order from a President is a lot like an edict/decree from a king. It's certainly not democracy.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Matchstick
@PowerHerc said:

They are the President's, no matter whom that might be, way around having to wait for legislation to pass, way to bypass current legislation or way to in effect create law. This kind of thing was one of the biggest reasons the U.S. broke free from England/the British Empire to begin with; Americans didn't want a king/ruler.

Bush did way to many and Obama is now doing so, too. Two wrongs don't make a right. No matter who the President is, or which political party the President is a member of, an executive order from a President is a lot like an edict/decree from a king.It's certainly not democracy.

The problem with that comparison is that an executive order can be overturned, a royal decree cannot.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

@BiteMe-Fanboy: As an American I have a constitutional right to bitch about whatever the hell I want to bitch about.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MasterJohn

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Matchstick said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Do you know how many executive orders George W. Bush enacted?

Yep 291. Well done.@MasterJohn:

I do not defend Bush. However in 2001 Bush raised the debt ceiling to 5.7 trillion and that was our total debt in the Bush era, Obama raised it to 16 trillion. By 2016 we are projected to be 20 trillion in debt. I would rather be 5.7 trillion in debt then in 16 trillion or 20 trillion in debt.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshmightbe

@MasterJohn: You realize that those goons on Wall Street caused that 16 trillion dollar debt due to the republican deregulation that allowed them to basically piss our money away right? That's kind of been proven.

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Matchstick
@joshmightbe said:

@MasterJohn: You realize that those goons on Wall Street caused that 16 trillion dollar debt due to the republican deregulation that allowed them to basically piss our money away right? That's kind of been proven.

This!  Not to mention that the national debt was at 10.6 trillion when Bush left office, not 5.7.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By _Zombie_

@joshmightbe said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: As an American I have a constitutional right to bitch about whatever the hell I want to bitch about.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@PowerHerc:

For once, I'll agree with you right there Herc.

@joshmightbe:

Then go and parade with the Occupiers out there. If you failed to notice up to now, Republicans are not evil sadistic cretins like everybody thinks. They where just as much a frakking victim of the crash as any Democrat wanting attention was.

So stop pointing fingers. I lost a bundle set aside for college because of the wall-street fiasco, and you don't see me rant about Democrats in such a way, now do you?

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MasterJohn

@joshmightbe said:

Republicans embrace conservatisim. Conservatives stand for less spending, less government, more personal responsibility. If you embrace the ideology that spending spending spending will repair our economy-your not a conservative.

Liberals use Clinton as a example of how their policies were "successful" when Clinton was president. HOWEVER, during Clinton's 2 terms the Republicans had been in control, Newt Gingrich and his congress (which had very had approval ratings) forced things onto Clinton and that led to more boom in the Clinton years. So you can thank the Republicans for the Clinton era because even Reagan's boom was still continuing through the Reagan years. Clinton said to bush if you follow the plan of the Congress, the Newt Congress, we'd be out of debt by 2010. However Bush is just a big spending liberal who penetrated the Republican party.

Plus, in his first term he raised the debt ceiling 3 times, he plans to do it again this year. We had "hope" that Obama's stimulus would save us when it just added onto the debt. Where does it end?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I am not a Democrat, in fact I believe they are as much at fault as the Republicans if not more since while deregulation backfired at least the Republicans were trying to do something while as usual Democrats sat around with their thumbs up their ass while they waited to make sure they didn't offend anyone as usual.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

I just hate the automatic hate for Republicans. First it's Catholics. Then Sicilians. Now Republicans.

Seems like my type should just die off.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

@MasterJohn: The republicans are running congress now, so why is when it was going well under Clinton its because the republicans were running congress and now that its running bad its because of the democrat president?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By joshmightbe

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I'm anti political party honestly, the whole system basically makes it so its more about proving the other guy wrong than actually being right.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe:

Party loyalist, but more Libertarian than anything.

Heck, I'm not even a loyalist. It's just that Conservatives are not recognized as an individual party and I don't want the party of Abe Lincoln destroyed for a single party authority.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MasterJohn

@joshmightbe said:

@MasterJohn: The republicans are running congress now, so why is when it was going well under Clinton its because the republicans were running congress and now that its running bad its because of the democrat president?

Ah but under Clinton we also ran the senate. This president is a big spender, more people on foodstamps then ANY other President, more people on entitlements, 16 trillion dollar in debt, unemployment was above 8% for 42 straight months (just recently went down a few months ago) he even signed and EXECUTIVE ORDER to take control of all communications in emergency time, he also bypassed congress on Libya. This man is a King.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshmightbe

@MasterJohn: I'm sick of the whole food stamp argument, my mom raised me on food stamps despite working 2 full time jobs and we still had trouble getting by during the Reagan and Bush Sr. eras so I'm the wrong guy to be bringing that argument to since I know for a fact that most of the people using food stamps are hard working people just trying to feed their kids in a system that makes it constantly harder for them to do so.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshmightbe

@MasterJohn: Also Congress could have stopped any of this at anytime if they actually did their jobs so don't bring me that king s**t, your congressmen were just f**king lazy and useless as always

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vaeternus

@Matchstick, actually Bush spent less then Obama. It's a fact, Obama spent MORE then Bush did national debt...Bush spent Billions...while Obama spent Trillions...

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

But anyways, ON TOPIC...

I agree. lol I've gotten some of the same nonsense for past topics. I also love how people bring up Bush and past presidents when the topic is concerning Obama. Is this guy like untouchable or something? lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By joshmightbe

@Vaeternus: I just bring up past presidents to show that Obama is doing an about average job, not great, not awful just average.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vaeternus

@joshmightbe said:

@Vaeternus: I just bring up past presidents to show that Obama is doing an about average job, not great, not awful just average.

I'll just agree to disagree on that. I think he's doing a horrible job with certain policies...plus, keep in mind his term isn't even up yet. We'll see where he leaves the country 4 years from now...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joshmightbe

@Vaeternus: To be honest at this point in time there isn't a single person in our federal government doing their job at any kind of acceptable level and even the best of Presidents wouldn't be able to run the whole show on his own without looking bad. Obama has the misfortune of being an average guy in the absolute worst time in the history of American politics.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vaeternus

@joshmightbe said:

@Vaeternus: To be honest at this point in time there isn't a single person in our federal government doing their job at any kind of acceptable level and even the best of Presidents wouldn't be able to run the whole show on his own without looking bad. Obama has the misfortune of being an average guy in the absolute worst time in the history of American politics.

Well, I agree that all politicians suck and it's all corrupt. I just at the same thing feel that some policies or moves are obvious to the logical person if it's good or not. These guys that come in, preach about spending less money on whatever then outspending the previous president annoys me.

I don't like how a President will also do everything in their power to get what they want despite if 50% of the country is against it..

I'm sure no man President is perfect, not asking for that but I'd still wager guys like JFK or Lincoln would be doing a 100% better job then this guy now. Minimum 90%. I just feel at this point, it's a copout excuse with the he's in worse times...true, so was Bush, Clinton etc but the idea is to make things better not worse lol. And there have been worse times then now believe it or not with the great depression, world wars etc and we've managed...I'm not saying it's all rainbows and cheers now, but just saying while times are rough now. We've been through worse historically.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By joshmightbe

@Vaeternus: I know they're have been much worse times historically I was referring more to the actual state of politics with the legalized bribery known as Lobbying, the constant partisan pissing contests and career politicians that care more about being reelected than doing the job we pay them to do.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vaeternus

@joshmightbe: Well, lobbying sadly has gone on for years long before the past 3-4 presidents. It's sadly something I think that will continue despite parties in politics because it's just one of those things that prove politics in general are corrupt.

A lot of these guys now seem to be concerned about their own legacy then actually helping the country move in a positive direction.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By joshmightbe

@Vaeternus: I'd say if we're looking for people to blame at this point for the state of the nation its gotta be us for continuing to allow these morons to run our nation into the ground.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By agent9149

Good.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vaeternus

@joshmightbe said:

@Vaeternus: I'd say if we're looking for people to blame at this point for the state of the nation its gotta be us for continuing to allow these morons to run our nation into the ground.

Well, no argument there lol. I mean, sometimes the people are just stupid, ignorant to see the light. But sadly I think people vote for politicians now days with that all-star game mentality, meaning it's all a popularity contest...

Owe, I'll vote for this guy cause he's cool!! He has "swagger" Really? lol

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By joshmightbe

@Vaeternus: Reminds me of a line from my wife's favorite movie, The American President." If FDR ran for President today America would not elect a man in a wheelchair." Regardless of qualification America elects the dude who looks good in a suit then we act all surprised that he's not qualified despite everyone who was paying attention telling them about their incompetence.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vaeternus

@joshmightbe said:

@Vaeternus: Reminds me of a line from my wife's favorite movie, The American President." If FDR ran for President today America would not elect a man in a wheelchair." Regardless of qualification America elects the dude who looks good in a suit then we act all surprised that he's not qualified despite everyone who was paying attention telling them about their incompetence.

Yeah I mean, that's just it. People tend to vote for people for all the wrong reasons these days.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

In other news, a judge in New England sentenced a criminal to 10 years in prison. Shocker! Dun dun duuuuuun!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@PowerHerc said:

Bush did way to many and Obama is now doing so, too. Two wrongs don't make a right. No matter who the President is, or which political party the President is a member of, an executive order from a President is a lot like an edict/decree from a king. It's certainly not democracy.

You're right we should wait around for Congress to act....oh wait it's so disfunctional we couldn't get relief for victims of a natural disater without half the House throwing a fit.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MonsterStomp

I like Obama. I'm not even American nor live there... But I like Obama.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PowerHerc

@Lunacyde said:

@PowerHerc said:

You're right we should wait around for Congress to act....oh wait it's so disfunctional we couldn't get relief for victims of a natural disater without half the House throwing a fit.

I can't defend Congress. It's dysfunctional. Hell, it's broken.

That said; the solution isn't giving or letting the president assume the role of a monarch therefore allowing for a defacto king.

The U.S. government is so corrupt, so inept and so disconnected from doing what is best for U.S. citizens it's unbelievable.