#1 Posted by laflux (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a thread for your favorite Monologues/Boasts from various comicbook Characters.

Examples.

Thanos-

Many have opposed me: First and foremost the Kree champion Captain Mar-Vell. Long dead against his will while I yet live, against mine. There have always been those who would interfere with my goals. My choices. My dreams. Only one thing has ever remained true. My love and devotion to milady Death. And that thing has now been taken from me. I had accomplished my goals! I was at rest in emptiness and something woke me! I was at peace, and something brought me back to pain! ... Again, insects, you ask what am I? What I am is angry. What I am is insane with rage. What I am is...THANOS!

Wolverine-

I'm an X-Man. With them, killing is a last resort. With me, it's second nature. I take the world as it is, and give better than I get. Come at me with a sword. I'll meet you with a sword. You want mercy. Show a little first. Some of those folks died fighting...some praying...some accepted their fate...some cursed it...some begged for their lives...most were terrified. Details don't matter. What's important is that they died. And those scales have to be balanced. In kind.

Regis-

I can see inside your head, white boy. Did you think your little fight enhancements would let you kill me? You've never fought anything like me, boy. I am Regis. I have been raping and killing better humans than you for half a millennium. That's it. Fight me. Try to hurt me. I've lost count of how many men's fingers and women's nails have shattered on my skin. Your mothers and sisters will bear my children. You cannot stop me. Burn Albion, burn Europe— it won't matter. I am Regis, warrior king of this entire filthy planet— and I will wipe myself with your skin when I'm done violating yours.

Midnighter-

Let me make this situation clear for you. I know what special abilities you have. I can see the enhancements. I can detect the increased electrical activity in your brain. I know what moves you're preparing to make. I've fought our fight already, in my head, in a million different ways. I can hit you without you even seeing me. I'm what soldiers dream of growing into. I'm what children see when they first imagine what death is like. I'm the Midnighter. Your Move.

Hulk-

Haven't you heard? I'm the strongest there is!!!

So........... You get the point :P

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Batman

#3 Posted by laflux (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

I'm Batman

Classic.

#4 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Also

" I'M JOHN F**** CONSTANTINE, AND YOU TWO ARE F****!"

"It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"

"Maybe it's just me, but I'm not crazy about super hero stories where everything's all dark and moody. Personally, I like the ones where good guys fight giant apes on the moon and stuff. Remember those? I do. That was back when comic book worlds were places you wanted to escape to... not from."

"Remembering's dangerous. I find the past such a worrying, anxious place. "The Past Tense," I suppose you'd call it. Memory's so treacherous. One moment you're lost in a carnival of delights, with poignant childhood aromas, the flashing neon of puberty, all that sentimental candy-floss... the next, it leads you somewhere you don't want to go. Somewhere dark and cold, filled with the damp ambiguous shapes of things you'd hoped were forgotten. Memories can be vile, repulsive little brutes. Like children I suppose. But can we live without them? Memories are what our reason is based upon. If we can't face them, we deny reason itself!"

"See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum...and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moonlight...stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend daren't make the leap. Y'see...y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea...He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!' B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... he says 'What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!"

They are mostly quotes, but, badass quotes :P

#5 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom-

"As for the Wizard, he takes excessive pride in his invention of antigravity drives - an achievement I accomplished while I was a Youth. Besides, how can I take anyone seriously who voluntarily takes the Trapster as a partner?"

"... I am more than amused by the prospect of a battle of wits ... though I fear that with you as an opponent... the struggle might well be brief."

"But, to destroy you thus would be a petty victory indeed -- and Doom is never petty"

"Rivals... No one rivals Doom! NO ONE! Doom is supreme! There is no power on earth, no intellect in all creation to equal Mine!"

"Before this day is ended, mankind shall grovel helplessly at my feet -- and, as fate has obviously ordained -- Doctor Doom shall be Master of Earth!"

"Permit me to salute your courage, Richards! A pity you have not the power to match it!"

"You and I have fought monsters, Nazis -- even gods. I relish the battles we waged side-by-side. And when you challenged me, my blood raced at the rare presence of a worthy foe. But now? You are no king. You're barely a man."

#6 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

(I've got a small conversation, It's classic).

Soldier: "Perhaps you're unaware of the law, dog...It is a capital offense to have such a large weapon about your person."

Slaine: "That's a pity, because your wife liked it the most!"

#7 Edited by Jezer (3010 posts) - - Show Bio

Not comics, but my favorites:

Jaime Lannister- "There are no men like me. There is only me."

Boondocks Theme- "I am the stone that the builder refused. I am the vision, no the inspiration that makes ladies sing the blues. I'm the spark that makes your lightbulb bright. The same spark that likes to dark so that you can know your left from your right. I am the ballot in the box, the bullet in the gun, the inner glow to let you know to call your brother "son". The story that's just begun, the promise of what's to come. And Ima remain a soldier till the war is won."

Childish Gambino- "I am at the top, whether.you.want.or.not."

#8 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17498 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the title said "Badass Boats"

(that's not a boast by the way)

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17498 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway on topic.

I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come... and you will know my name is Megatron when I lay my vengeance upon you!

"Good and evil fade away. History shall judge me... victorious." Megatron

"I... am the Dominator, I... am the Destroyer, I am Megatron!"

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24438 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman from JLU

"That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath, none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem.

I feel like I live in a world made of... cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am."

#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

"The Rock is gonna lay the smackdown on your candyass! The Rock is gonna go down Know Your Role Boulevard, hang that right at Jabroni Drive, and proceed to check your candyass in at the Smackdown Hotel. Know you role and shut your mouth. If you smell... what the Rock is cookin'!"

"Everybody in that goddamn dressing room knows that I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!"