Baboons: Natures Kidnappers.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

If you have a puppy that goes missing in Africa, blame baboons.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
ha ha... those crazy baboons.
DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

More like natures sexual predators.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@DoomDoomDoom said:

More like natures sexual predators.

And butt scratchers.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By Deadcool

What about the Penguns?

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By TheGoldenOne
I don't like baboons.
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Shadow_Thief

I've heard of them stealing babies, too. Baboons are kinda like the orcs from Lord of the Rings: little nasty creatures that will wreck your day if given the chance, and likely to make the attempt anyways if not. At least the orcs were decent enough to wear something that covered up their nasty red butts (hey, at no point in the text does it specifically say that they don't have them).

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Great video. This kind of thing always makes me wonder how the camera operators view their actions ethically. While watching the baboon dragging the puppy down the cliff every instinct in my body was telling me to run and stop it. However thinking back on it the camera operators job is to record nature without affecting it. There's really nothing more frustrating than watching a puppy being abused while knowing you shouldn't do anything because this is nature in action. Tough call.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@TheWitchingHour said:

Great video. This kind of thing always makes me wonder how the camera operators view their actions ethically. While watching the baboon dragging the puppy down the cliff every instinct in my body was telling me to run and stop it. However thinking back on it the camera operators job is to record nature without affecting it. There's really nothing more frustrating than watching a puppy being abused while knowing you shouldn't do anything because this is nature in action. Tough call.

I know right? I totally couldn't stand by and watch as larger animals are eating up some baby lions or something.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#10  Edited By Deadcool

@TheWitchingHour said:

Oh really? Why?

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PikminMania

@Shadow_Thief: That was a chimpanzee that took a baby and ate it.

Don't start smiling, you're an ass too.
Don't start smiling, you're an ass too.
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nickthedevil

I love dogs... now i just want to get a few mad rabies stricken Dobermans and see whos the tough guy now.

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Shadow_Thief

@PikminMania: I could've sworn I heard of baboons doing it, too. But yeah, chimps are vicious little monsters. Figures that they'd be humanity's closest relatives.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Deadcool said:

@TheWitchingHour said:

Oh really? Why?

So I could finish the job myself

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By CATPANEXE

@TheWitchingHour said:

The ethic is very in question though because of this: Do the cameramen affect nature if it comes at them, or let it continue its course, and say devour them while not interfering with the process and attempt to only record events still? Logically they would interfere, which states ethics have nothing to do with either case since they can be dropped when needed, though one could purpose that this applies to all ethics, rules, codes, laws, morals, ect., and that they are only in play when chosen to be so therefore imagined from the beginning and meaningless. Not something I fully endorse mind you, but food for thought. They probably watch so much stuff like this in their daily routine that they're desensitized to it, much in the way a surgeon has to become desensitized towards gore and inflicting pain upon others.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By krilling

They gangsta.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PikminMania

@CATPANEXE said:

@TheWitchingHour said:

The ethic is very in question though because of this: Do the cameramen affect nature if it comes at them, or let it continue its course, and say devour them while not interfering with the process and attempt to only record events still? Logically they would interfere, which states ethics have nothing to do with either case since they can be dropped when needed, though one could purpose that this applies to all ethics, rules, codes, laws, morals, ect., and that they are only in play when chosen to be so therefore imagined from the beginning and meaningless. Not something I fully endorse mind you, but food for thought. They probably watch so much stuff like this in their daily routine that they're desensitized to it, much in the way a surgeon has to become desensitized towards gore and inflicting pain upon others.

In the end, the dogs are treated fairly once becoming adults. If anything, it seems somewhat reminiscent of boot camp for the dogs, get them ready for what lies ahead of them in the world. For as you can see later in the video, the adult dogs seem healthy and strong, and the baboons help them.