• 61 results
Posted by jloneblackheart (5518 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost, fellow moderator, destroyed the challenge I placed before him in my recent absence. His spoils are a respect thread (well, one not actually created by himself). 

As you may know, aztek is second among the editors of the site but first in presence. Not only will he amass hundreds of points a day, he will also respond to your topics, help you in his PMs, tutor, nurture, amuse, moderate your wiki submission, give you dozens of site statistics you did not ask for, reminisce about the old days and home in on any provocative subject. All this while still maintaining the modesty of only claiming to be the greatest - when he is so much more.  

Aztek helped to create and mold me into the productive member of the site that I am. His obsession makes my efforts look like a weekend hobby. 

So this thread is for aztek, who pours most of his waking hours into the site making it a bigger and better place. A place where everything Vertigo ever released is cataloged. A place where you can find thousands of issues of Commando and Topolino. A place that actually has dozens of aztek's running around under an army of other aliases. 

So please post all of your stories about how awesome and helpful aztek the lost is. He already knows it, but it only helps the site to fuel his flames. :)
#1 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Respect to Aztek

#2 Posted by Edamame (28128 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the leader of the Canadian empire.

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like this should be pinned...I mean that Aztek fellow really is a swell guy and deserves tons of respect 

(PS I can't believe you actually posted this on the forums, I thought you were going to take the easy way out...I appreciate it, surely you are one of my greatest followers)

@Morpheus_ said:

" Respect to Aztek

"
OMG! that is epic! I love it! haha, if anyone searches Schwermetall I except no blame if what they see offends them :P
#4 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

He's cool

#5 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

Aztek is great!  I got hooked to this site when him and I started communicating on the Vine!  Go Aztek! You deserve this thread.

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
"Aztek is great!  I got hooked to this site when him and I started communicating on the Vine!  Go Aztek! You deserve this thread. "

VERTIGOOOOOOO

@Emperor Gonzo Noir
said:
"He's cool "

that's it? D:
#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

He introduced me to the news that Lady Death was coming back to comics.... if it wasn't for that I probably never known and I would be incomplete.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22532 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know...he's alright...but respect??   that's kind of to much to ask

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I don't know...he's alright...but respect??   that's kind of to much to ask "
I'm reading this thread you know!!!!

@Nova`Prime` said:
" He introduced me to the news that Lady Death was coming back to comics.... if it wasn't for that I probably never known and I would be incomplete. "

I've been known to bring completeness to a tormented soul on occasion, be thankful of my spreading my glory in your general direction
#10 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

He reset my karma points. He's like the Dalai Lama of Comic Vine.

#11 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

He wrote the Lucifer page...mad respeckt for that. 

#12 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"I've been known to bring completeness to a tormented soul on occasion, be thankful of my spreading my glory in your general direction "
And he's self-absorbed what greater of a man can there be :)
#13 Posted by MetatronDaDon (97 posts) - - Show Bio

dude wiki-banned me and deleted my Ghost Rider characters pages, y'know I think you could have just rearranged the categories and erased the plagiarized parts instead of outright destroying the pages

or POLITELY asked me to do it, or warned me not to do it, so many options but u chose the uncoolest 1

#14 Edited by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked him on a date and he denied. 

No way! 

Oh but he's been a mod for a long time, since i was new actually so very long time. Kudos.  
I Love him like a girl loves beiber!!!! <3

#15 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

He's very cool, one of the first persons who welcome me to the vine, and made me feel home. He always lends a hand. - What would you want more from a moderator? 

#16 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@MetatronDaDon said:
" dude wiki-banned me and deleted my Ghost Rider characters pages, y'know I think you could have just rearranged the categories and erased the plagiarized parts instead of outright destroying the pages  or POLITELY asked me to do it, or warned me not to do it, so many options but u chose the uncoolest 1 "
"His wraith is righteous, his judgment harsh, he does only what must be done...." excerpt from the Book of Aztek
#17 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@MetatronDaDon said:
" dude wiki-banned me and deleted my Ghost Rider characters pages, y'know I think you could have just rearranged the categories and erased the plagiarized parts instead of outright destroying the pages  or POLITELY asked me to do it, or warned me not to do it, so many options but u chose the uncoolest 1 "
I don't mean to take the attention off of me but the pages you created were entirely plagiarized, there was nothing else to them...anyways...you're not the first person to hate me and certainly not the last...we already discussed your options so if you chose to ignore them that's on your head
#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
"
I Love him like a girl loves beiber!!!! <3

"
I'm hoping that's a good thing...

@Calvin said:
" He's very cool, one of the first persons who welcome me to the vine, and made me feel home. He always lends a hand. - What would you want more from a moderator? 

"

a free pass to do whatever you want without getting banned? for the what more you could want I mean...but otherwise...I is flawless
#19 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@MetatronDaDon said:
The fault is always someone else's a never yours, right?  

This reminds me of the drunken drivers in hight speed, the police are always the bad guys, spoiling the fun....
#20 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

He helped with the Sturmer page. :D (I think he was the one to add the pic for it....)

#21 Posted by jloneblackheart (5518 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because of aztek people finally respond to one of my threads!

#22 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" It's because of aztek people finally respond to one of my threads! "
That's because its about Aztek
#23 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" It's because of aztek people finally respond to one of my threads! "
I draw users to threads like flies to piles of dung!
#24 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

VERTIGO! For those who don't read Vertigo books get on that!  Aztek puts mad work into up keeping those pages.

#25 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

Though he and I have had our rough patches, I do kinda love the little guy and your right he deserves a respect thread! 

#26 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

a nice guy indeed

#27 Posted by danhimself (22532 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @danhimself said:

oh...uh...d@mn...there must have been a bug....what I meant to say was:
"I don't know how anyone could possibly not respect him...high respect....that's not to much to ask"

I'll have to make a bug reporting thread
#28 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: hmm, it's odd, these bugs always seem to attack your posts...if I were a suspicious man I'd see a pattern...the code guys really need to get on this!
#29 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek does best !",) 

#30 Posted by danhimself (22532 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost:  I know!  it's really weird...I think it's punishment for me being to awesome
#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" He reset my karma points. He's like the Dalai Lama of Comic Vine. "
Gambler does that for me on a weekly to bi-weekly basis. 
#32 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @danhimself said:

oh...uh...d@mn...there must have been a bug....what I meant to say was: "I don't know how anyone could possibly not respect him...high respect....that's not to much to ask"   I'll have to make a bug reporting thread "
looool
#33 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Gambler does that for me on a weekly to bi-weekly basis.  "
See? Dalai Lama, cleanser of karma. 
#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
See? Dalai Lama, cleanser of karma.  "
Yep :)
#35 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"I draw users to threads like flies to piles of dung! "
It should have been:
"I draw users to threads like birds to fields of bountiful food."

But then, this is Aztek. Moderator, Wiki editor, genuine lover of comics and the world of comics.
To say truthfully, he is one " HEAVEN of a guy", managing his life in the most strategic way, while working for the expansion of comic wiki.
#36 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah well done Aztek I also see you have level 25 as well, damn you and damn you hard.

#37 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: I can't help being superior to you, you keep falling behind! Level 24 is reserved for n00bs of the highest degree
#38 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@spawndon: Heaven of a guy? ha! thanks, my ego continues to ascend to higher levels
#39 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Thats what she said:p
#40 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
What's karma points?
#41 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin:   When you flag a post, both you and the poster receive a "Karma Point." If a Mod agrees with the reasons for the flagged post then both users keep their karma points.  If a Mod disagrees with the flagged post then the Viner who was flagged will lose their karma point, but the person who raised the flag will keep a Karma Point.  

If you reach a total of 5 Karma Points you will lose your ability to flag posts.  If a user reaches 10 Karma Points, then you lose your ability to post in the forums.  Every day all users lose 1 Karma Point.
#42 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Thanks for the explanation. And thinking I never believed in Karma.....
#43 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Can you view your karma points?
#44 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheNooseIsLoose: Only the mods can view karma points. If you ever wonder how many that you have or if you ever need them to be reset, then just PM one of them about. One is supposed to drop off at the end of every day, but there seems to be a bug, so the mods are having to reset people. 

@Calvin: No problem, it's actually taken directly from the site's FAQ and rules thread (although I did write most of the flagging posts section of it, with some editing done by the mods.)
#45 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Thank you.(I wonder how much karma a certain other account of mine has)
#46 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheNooseIsLoose: No problem. 
#47 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

Aztek helped me out when I had questions about wiki subs :D

#48 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Thanks for the info. The bug might be causing me some problems.
#49 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: No prob. Just PM a mod one of the forum mods and ask them to reset you. Gambler is my personal karma point reset dealer, so you could always try him.
#50 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP.

because the party don't start til i walk in