Avengers:AoU Drinking Game

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Planning on going to see Avengers AoU, this weekend and out of sheer boredom I came up with a way to make this more interesting. One of the many complaints about the MCU is their overbearing humor, but mostly at times when it ruins the danger vibe. I'm fine with humor in moderation and mostly only complain when the humor is bad..... and that brings us back to The Avengers. I found the humor in Avenger to be either cringe worthy or downright bad. So for AoU, every time a bad joke is said or someone is trying to be cool and it comes off as lame, I will take a drink of *insert alcoholic beverage here". Obviously what I will consider a bad joke is my opinion, but I don't do this out of fun,.... well I do, but I personally can't stand drinking. I won't lie about how many bad jokes there are cus I'm going to be a fair judge. I honestly think that GotG (while over hyped and good but not great) was the funniest Marvel movie and funniest movie of that year. So I won't lie about the results. So guys, what do you think? Will I laugh my ass off, or will I die of alcohol poisoning withing the first 30 minutes? Place your bets!

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Gjgp27

Well, there goes your liver.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to be more detailed, but I just got out of work and I'm tired :(

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27 said:

Well, there goes your liver.

I have two

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The jokes weren't that bad, go home, you are drunk.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for soldier_kingston
Soldier_Kingston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Soldier_Kingston

Try a Winter Soldier drinking game: Drink everytime a piece of glass is broken

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I enjoyed your company while it was around

@ccraft said:

The jokes weren't that bad, go home, you are drunk.

IDK, that whole scene of Iron Man busting Caps nuts about saying language was pretty horrible.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quicksilver drinking game.

Rules: drink everytime a bullet hits quick silver

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I thought how the kept cracking jokes about was funny. Especially how everyone kept bringing it up.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@saintwildcard: I thought how the kept cracking jokes about was funny. Especially how everyone kept bringing it up.

Oh god! I'm going to die if they keep bringing that up! I very clearly state in the OP that what I find to be a bad joke is based on my opinion solely, if you like cheesy bad humor that's on you. I've found jokes on SPongbob more funny than that joke.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I guess if you don't find funny jokes good that's on you, probably just have bad taste you humor, but thats just my opinion. You did say you liked SB, which is a show made specifically to keep babies entertained.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SaintWildcard

@ccraft said:

@saintwildcard: I guess if you don't find funny jokes good that's on you, probably just have bad taste you humor, but thats just my opinion. You did say you liked SB, which is a show made specifically to keep babies entertained.

GotG, Iron Man (one) and Cap 2 had great humor, Avengers (one) had more cheese than a French mans home. Hopefully the Russo Brothers show you how it's done, they worked on Community, they know delivery way better than Whedon. And did you just insult Spongebob? Everyone know that Spongebob in it's prime was probably one of the funniest cartoons in it's time. You not liking it proves further that you have bad taste

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Lol.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.... either this is a joke or a major spoiler.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I could count the times I laughed on one hand. Every other person in the theater laughed a lot more.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I could count the times I laughed on one hand. Every other person in the theater laughed a lot more.

Jeez, I'm assuming what was supposed to be funny passes the double digits..... I'm really going to die aren't I?

@saintwildcard: why not both? '.'

God dammit Russell! You f**ked up!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ccraft

@saintwildcard said:
@ccraft said:

GotG, Iron Man (one) and Cap 2 had great humor, Avengers (one) had more cheese than a French mans home. Hopefully the Russo Brothers show you how it's done, they worked on Community, they know delivery way better than Whedon. And did you just insult Spongebob? Everyone know that Spongebob in it's prime was probably one of the funniest cartoons in it's time. You not liking it proves further that you have bad taste

When did CAWS have good humor? It was one of the more serious films. Oh wait, let me guess, the running faster than Falcon scene had you ROTFL? Never seen the community, but after CAWS I'm interested how Russo handles Avengers. Only people who watched SB as a kid says the older episodes were good, it's pure nostalgia. The show had terrible humor and was very repetitive. Only people who laughed while watching the show had a load in their underpants at the time.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

When did CAWS have good humor? It was one of the more serious films. Oh wait, let me guess, the running faster than Falcon scene had you ROTFL? Never seen the community, but after CAWS I'm interested how Russo handles Avengers. Only people who watched SB as a kid says the older episodes were good, it's pure nostalgia. The show had terrible humor and was very repetitive. Only people who thought the show was funny had a load in their underpants.

Subtlety is the game, a game Avengers fails at. Cap in general was way funnier in Cap 2, Whedon tries to hard to use the "he's from a different time period" humor. You fail again for not having seen Community. Older people say SPongebob was good because it had innuendos and jokes that we didn't get as a kid we are getting now, that is a sign of great writing. Only bratty little kids who think they are smarter than what they are say otherwise. Begone childe, don't you have some Jared Leto pictures to obsess over

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint is 15 so no he will not be drinking. Everyone disregard this thread, he is just trying to be cool.

Infinityball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

be a real man and do the following every time you feel it's necessary

buy some strong vodka

start vodka eyeballing

take a shot, snort a shot.

snort some salt.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ccraft

@saintwildcard: Don't bring Jared Leto in this! You run out of arguments so you turn to cheap shots. If Community was good I would have heard of it sooner. That's not a sign of good writing, it's atrocious to put such things in a kids show. Its on par with putting penises in Disney movies.

@jlarturo said:

Saint is 15 so no he will not be drinking. Everyone disregard this thread, he is just trying to be cool.

The truth will set you free. It all makes sense now, being that young of course he watches spongebob, probably everyday after school.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@saintwildcard: Don't bring Jared Leto in this! You run out of arguments so you turn to cheap shots. If Community was good I would have heard of it sooner. That's not a sign of good writing, it's atrocious to put such things in a kids show. Its on par with putting penises in Disney movies.

Yes, because saying people who watch Spongebob s**t their pants is a great rebuttal. I think that's how Obama won his Presidential debate. (sarcasm)Now it's atrocious to do that? Not only did you prove you're a child (considering every 90's knows about this and loves cartoons from that era for that very reason), but now you're a prude too. No wonder you like the humor in Avengers, it's safe and clean for little kids like you.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jlarturo said:

I'm older than you Junior! Go to your room now!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I said only people who laugh at Spongebob have a load in their pants, i.e. babies. Only kids like SB. So because some people think it's okay to have penises in cartoon shows and other innuendos in a kids show must mean it's okay. It's unethical by normal standards, it's a fact most parents don't take the time to view the things kids watch these days. I'm PP, prude and proud, it's not an insult to me. Avengers is mad for kids and it's suppose to be safe.